Wheel of Time TV Series Confirmed

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

State

Russian Bot
A/V Subscriber
Mar 15, 2007
TX
No I worry that if it lasts longer they may have to start recasting people due to retention. They will probably try and do it in 8 to 9 seasons imo.
I see. If they get some relative nobodies for most roles it shouldn't be a problem. My only concern about casting is how they're going to find the most beautiful women in the world to match Jordan's descriptions who also have acting chops.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
No I worry that if it lasts longer they may have to start recasting people due to retention. They will probably try and do it in 8 to 9 seasons imo.
I see. If they get some relative nobodies for most roles it shouldn't be a problem. My only concern about casting is how they're going to find the most beautiful women in the world to match Jordan's descriptions who also have acting chops.
Or have the "ageless" face for 8 to 10 years lol.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
When I was younger, I tried reading EoTW a couple of times and never got far. Since this announcement I pushed through and I'm now hal6lway into The Great Hunt. I'm constantly thinking to myself, how will this look on screen... Lol

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
When I was younger, I tried reading EoTW a couple of times and never got far. Since this announcement I pushed through and I'm now hal6lway into The Great Hunt. I'm constantly thinking to myself, how will this look on screen... Lol

Lord of chaos is where I hope the tv series can last to if not the entire series. That book is so damn good. The great hunt is rated as the best book of the series by multiple fan sites. It is damn good as well and cant wait to see it on tv. You will have to come back and tell me what you thought of it when you are finished.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This quote below worries me about how this is gonna change things. I mean, no matter who they add, it still has to be Rand that it eventually focuses on or they'll stray far enough from the source that no one will want to watch. Granted, I'm only about 90% through The Great Hunt right now.

https://screenrant.com/wheel-time-tv-show-amazon/

The description offers plenty of details on the new series and gives fans a taste of what the series will do differently than the novels. The protagonist of the novels was Rand al'Thor, while in the series, it will be Moiraine, the Aes Sedai who goes on a quest to find the legendary Dragon Reborn, the reincarnation of an immensely powerful being known as The Dragon. In the first book, Eye of the World, Rand was one of the three young men Moiraine believed could be the Dragon Reborn. The series will see Moiraine consider five potential candidates instead of three. Some of them are women, which is a notable deviation from the source material.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
This quote below worries me about how this is gonna change things. I mean, no matter who they add, it still has to be Rand that it eventually focuses on or they'll stray far enough from the source that no one will want to watch. Granted, I'm only about 90% through The Great Hunt right now.

https://screenrant.com/wheel-time-tv-show-amazon/
The other articles I have read stated that the 1st season would focus on Moiraine, not that she is the protagonist.

https://twitter.com/TheDailyTrolloc/status/1049129820284575744?s=19

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I can certainly understand much of the 1st season being told from Moraine's perspective, especially if they pull any material from New Spring. On the other hand, you shouldn't read New Spring first, even though chronologically it happens first, so I'm not sure I would be a fan of the first few episodes starting there.

"The series will see Moiraine consider five potential candidates instead of three. Some of them are women,"

This would be a HUGE deviation from the main plot for very obvious reasons and it does worry me as to why they would do it.

Last edited:

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
I can certainly understand much of the 1st season being told from Moraine's perspective, especially if they pull any material from New Spring. On the other hand, you shouldn't read New Spring first, even though chronologically it happens first, so I'm not sure I would be a fan of the first few episodes starting there.

"The series will see Moiraine consider five potential candidates instead of three. Some of them are women,"

This would be a HUGE deviation from the main plot for very obvious reasons and it does worry me as to why they would do it.
1st episode has been confirmed by Judkins to be ending with them leaving the Two Rivers.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Definitely a huge deviation as the dragon reborn is a guy who wields the male half of the one source that women can't. Ugh.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com

That is extremely concerning. The dragon reborn is male and always will be male. The world is already female dominated I don't know why they have to change the story to be so as well. Ridiculous.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Definitely a huge deviation as the dragon reborn is a guy who wields the male half of the one source that women can't. Ugh.
That is extremely concerning. The dragon reborn is male and always will be male. The world is already female dominated I don't know why they have to change the story to be so as well. Ridiculous.
Exactly. One of the biggest problems facing the characters is that a male dragon is a ticking time bomb who might go insane and destroy the world before he saves it. You don't have that worry with a female dragon...the prophecy loses a lot of it's menace if the dragon can be either and the world wouldn't fear the prophecy coming true as much.