What's The Best Way To Reach Gundy?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
How does one express to Coach Gundy their real concern of him going Pat Jones on Bedlam?

I know many of us feel that we'd prefer Gundy to Cry havoc and release the dogs of war as opposed to going into his annual fetal position when it comes Bedlam game time.
It's frustrating as hell and it's as if Mike put $1M on the goons to win.

Win or lose, if Gundy would just go for it, I'd take the results happily.
Last year's Bedlam was a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

You know they're going to dare us to run, just like everyone else will from here on out, but I'm hoping we don't play into their game plan and not ours.

It may not help, but can we convince Gundy to not Bedlam Gundy?!

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
How does one express to Coach Gundy their real concern of him going Pat Jones on Bedlam?

I know many of us feel that we'd prefer Gundy to Cry havoc and release the dogs of war as opposed to going into his annual fetal position when it comes Bedlam game time.

You know they're going to dare us to run, just like everyone else will from here on out, but I'm hoping we don't play into their game plan and not ours.

Through AD Holder, he is it appears based on this post going to be looking for a new head coach very soon.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Through AD Holder, he is it appears based on this post going to be looking for a new head coach very soon.
Why would you make this post? HE is simply expressing his opinion that Gundy is too conservative in Bedlam. It's not even an opinion at this point. It's a fact. Many of us don't mind losing as long as we play to win Last year, we simply did NOT do that.

I realize that you have to watch Obo, he's tough to block so you have to pick your spots to go deep. I realize sometimes OU is stopping that but you cant' tell me you can only go deep twice the whole game on OU. I simply don't believe that. We have to go deep about 5 or 6 times if we wanna try to win this game. Can't simply think we are gonna run to a win. I wanna be wrong, believe me but don't think I am.

Why rip this guy for stating his opinion, that many OSU fans agree with. You can recognize that Gundy is a good coach, yet struggles with being too conservative at times in big games.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Why would you make this post? HE is simply expressing his opinion that Gundy is too conservative in Bedlam. It's not even an opinion at this point. It's a fact. Many of us don't mind losing as long as we play to win Last year, we simply did NOT do that.

I realize that you have to watch Obo, he's tough to block so you have to pick your spots to go deep. I realize sometimes OU is stopping that but you cant' tell me you can only go deep twice the whole game on OU. I simply don't believe that. We have to go deep about 5 or 6 times if we wanna try to win this game. Can't simply think we are gonna run to a win. I wanna be wrong, believe me but don't think I am.

Why rip this guy for stating his opinion, that many OSU fans agree with. You can recognize that Gundy is a good coach, yet struggles with being too conservative at times in big games.

Big games are against big teams. They're damn hard to win. Like it or not OU has been a better team over the years than OSU on a more consistent basis than OSU.

Oklahoma has finished the season in the final AP Poll more than any other program. They hold nearly a 20% lead over #2!

Oklahoma has been in the Top 5 weekly poll more than any other progam.

Gundy has been one of the most successful coaches in nation.

I also remember a couple of weeks ago when OSU was trailing on the scoreboard and pulled a trick play out of the hat, that didn't work, all of the arm-chair QBs said he should have been more conservative!!! Now, they want him to open up the play book?

Remember, the coaches (like it or not) know more about their team, their plays, their opponent, and the game of football than anyone here on OP (well, unless Gundy is on here maybe).

We are all welcome to our opinions, I have mine. But to think that my opinion is worth a call to Gundy... well.......

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
www.spokepokes.com
We all want Gundy to not play scared. We all want to see the play calling we saw in the Alamo bowl.

Gundy knows fans were VERY frustrated with Bedlam.

I'm choosing to believe he knows how to win this game this week.....I can't sit here and get pissed about a game we have yet to play.

We will see how he approaches this game. It will be a big one for Gundy's legacy IMO

Last edited:

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Tom Osborne with some great teams was 5-11 against Barry Switzer at OU.

Big games against highly ranked teams are damn hard to win. I'm always reminded of what Barry Switzer said one time (like him or not I think he was right).

I don't remember the exact quote, as I recall it went something like this.

"There are a lot of great coaches, there aren't very many great athletes. Those who have them win."

Mike Gundy has done as much with the athletes he has as anyone in the country! Everyone thinks Saban is a great coach? Swap teams and locations with Mike Gundy and tell me who the better coach is.

Saban is a far better recruiter than he is a coach.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Tom Osborne with some great teams was 5-11 against Barry Switzer at OU.

Big games against highly ranked teams are damn hard to win. I'm always reminded of what Barry Switzer said one time (like him or not I think he was right).

I don't remember the exact quote, as I recall it went something like this.

"There are a lot of great coaches, there aren't very many great athletes. Those who have them win."

Mike Gundy has done as much with the athletes he has as anyone in the country! Everyone thinks Saban is a great coach? Swap teams and locations with Mike Gundy and tell me who the better coach is.

Saban is a far better recruiter than he is a coach.
Actually, the bluebloods like Alabama football and UK basketball don't recruit as much as just selecting the players they want. Those programs sell themselves to the 5 stars.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

You poop on my post.

If you really want to reach Mike Gundy why don't you try the athletic department staff listing...

I'll get you there with a link....

http://www.okstate.com/staff.aspx

Who doesn't know this?

Capture.PNG

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

Ok, I'll play. What is our offensive game plan? Not yours, but the OSU football coaching staff.

Because the best I recall from listening to the coaches is to establish the passing game with a strong running game and to mix it up about 50%, while taking (or adjusting to) what the defense gives us.

What is our defensive game plan? To hold OU to three and out's I bet.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa

Oct 30, 2012
Big games are against big teams. They're damn hard to win. Like it or not OU has been a better team over the years than OSU on a more consistent basis than OSU.

Oklahoma has finished the season in the final AP Poll more than any other program. They hold nearly a 20% lead over #2!

Oklahoma has been in the Top 5 weekly poll more than any other progam.

Gundy has been one of the most successful coaches in nation.

I also remember a couple of weeks ago when OSU was trailing on the scoreboard and pulled a trick play out of the hat, that didn't work, all of the arm-chair QBs said he should have been more conservative!!! Now, they want him to open up the play book?

Remember, the coaches (like it or not) know more about their team, their plays, their opponent, and the game of football than anyone here on OP (well, unless Gundy is on here maybe).

We are all welcome to our opinions, I have mine. But to think that my opinion is worth a call to Gundy... well.......
Absolutely correct. Well said.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater