What We'd All Like To Know

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Anybody with eyes who went to the spring practice would predict dru as the starting qb. He was significantly better.
Significantly? I haven't read a single story that would back that up. Every story I've read said there wasn't much difference between them. Seems like at least one reporter would pick up on a significant difference.

Jan 14, 2006
Significantly? I haven't read a single story that would back that up. Every story I've read said there wasn't much difference between them. Seems like at least one reporter would pick up on a significant difference.
Believe what you want. That's what I saw but I'm just some random cowboy fan on the internet. I think the pick that DB threw at the end of the scrimmage made it look a lot closer to people.

Also, articles about a QB competition get a lot of clicks.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Sanders is very talented and will hopefully be great one day. That being said, he threw late and into coverage way too much. Threw two terrible picks in 7 on 7 with no rush. He looked really good going against the twos because he threw to C.J. Moore, who was dominate against the backup DBs. He looked pretty good in two minute and when he used his legs.

Brown was solid. Made the correct reads and threw the ball on time. He had a terrible pick in the end zone at the end of the day when AJ bailed on his man and made a great play.

Both guys have nice deep balls and can move around well. I think we all want Sanders to win the job and the coaches are definitely giving him every chance to. It was just one practice but the mistakes Sanders made would cost us games. With the talent we have on O, Brown would be the safe choice. Especially if Sanders keeps throwing at the other team. There is a long way to go until fall. Like I said before, I’ll cheer for both guys and hope for the best.
Only thing I'd say here is we went with the safe choice last year.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
It was hard to tell much from the spring "game" (maybe intentionally?), but from what I saw I'd go with Sanders. There wasn't that much difference between the two, so you go with the guy with the higher ceiling....plus Sanders is by far the better runner.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Spring "game" was too small (and too controlled) of a data base to make a call. I'll go with what the professionals that see them day in and day out in practice say.

But after about 3 games in to the season I reserve the right to change that.......

Biggest question for me is: in the non-conference games do we get to see both of them, or will they pick one and go with him? We have tended to do the latter.

Jan 14, 2006
Spring "game" was too small (and too controlled) of a data base to make a call. I'll go with what the professionals that see them day in and day out in practice say.

But after about 3 games in to the season I reserve the right to change that.......

Biggest question for me is: in the non-conference games do we get to see both of them, or will they pick one and go with him? We have tended to do the latter.
I agree completely. You play the guy who earns it at practice and gives us the best chance to win each game, whoever that may be. It seems some people on here will lose their minds if Sanders isn’t the starter week 1.

I bet they split reps in the first three games. I think they will continue to give SS the chance to win the job during the non-con if DB is still ahead. Only exceptions would be injury or maybe if you go with SS and want to give him every rep possible.