What others are saying about OSU football

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
It's so difficult to get information about OSU from "The State's Newspaper" now, so I thought we could all contribute some tidbits or articles that we come across about OUR STATE TEAM.

Sam Tecklenburg, Baylor: “See, I like road games. I don’t think they’re tougher than a home game. I think my favorite place to play [with] the coolest environment that we have this year is Stillwater at Oklahoma State. They have a really good fan base, they got those big wooden clappers that bang on the wall, so I think that’s cool. That’s a cool tradition they have.”

3putt

Wrangler
Oct 23, 2003
Edmond.
Today's sooner love fest in the daily disappointment with only a rehashed article about Hubbard was absolutely disgusting. I get the digital version and sometimes the printed edition is different. Probably worse.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Today's sooner love fest in the daily disappointment with only a rehashed article about Hubbard was absolutely disgusting. I get the digital version and sometimes the printed edition is different. Probably worse.
Actually the printed is better, I can start the fire in my bbq with it...burns great. also found it works as a close 2nd for toilet paper in the wild.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Here’s a picture to make you feel better

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
I suspect that most of the state's writers subscribe to the old "If you can't say something good say nothing at all" adage. Hence little is articulated about puke pigskin.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I suspect that most of the state's writers subscribe to the old "If you can't say something good say nothing at all" adage. Hence little is articulated about puke pigskin.
That's a pretty weak comment.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I knew no one would be talking about football.

Pansies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will opine on the football front:

I know you are all pumped about your d-coordinator that was going to be fired by Ohio State and I must say he did not disappoint in the underwhelming performance of his defense. They gave up way to many points to a Coug high school team that is not much better, if any better, than the beavs. They are fairly undisciplined and that will come back to haunt Coach Log in his final year before becoming the Dallas Cowboy coach. Hurts is serviceable, but he still has the same problem throwing the ball. The kicker is a crap show.

The Pokes have some of the same issues on defense, but that is a young defense that had a starting LB and DL out last Friday. I was underwhelmed by the defensive back field. However, the poke offense has a chance to be a juggernaut. Sanders and Hubbard can really move the ball. When you throw in Wallace on the outside and the transfer from South Alabama along with the other returning receivers they are pretty good. Gleeson is a great addition to the coaching staff and was better than expected in a road opener against a Power 5 school (even though said Power 5 school is really bad). I like the line play, but I don't know if Dickey is really an upgrade from Henson, time will tell. Its always an adventure with the Poke kicking game, but it seems to be better.

It boils down to both state schools need to be rooting for the drunken tiger to stomp a mud hole in the whorns, they are whorns and deserve to be further humiliated. Both teams have a better than even chance, if the Mullet doesn't do something stupid, of playing for all the marbles at the end and again the next week. The rest of the league under performed with the suckclones reverting to suckclone status, mildcats being mildcats, the couch burners suck, the original tortilla flingers are a mystery, rayplor is on the road to sucking, the gayhawks at least won a game, fatterson can't find a horny toad qb, the whorns weren't exactly impressive and are already claiming they are hurt.

If both state schools improve and take care of business we can have a fine season of bickering and belittling each other's team while enjoying a good season

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I know you are all pumped about your d-coordinator that was going to be fired by Ohio State and I must say he did not disappoint in the underwhelming performance of his defense. They gave up way to many points to a Coug high school team that is not much better, if any better, than the beavs.
Firstly, is that a joke? Like, seriously? osu won 2 games last year. Two. Houston was 8-3 when King started, and retained almost every starter from last years #7 offense averaging 513 yards per game. now they have an actual proven head coach who can manage a team and he happens to really know offense. So are you really sure that houston is "not much better, if any better" than that shit in corvallis? Liar. :rolleyes:

When most of OU's starters left the game, at the end of the 3rd, the score was 42-17. I am very encouraged by what I saw out of the defense. They played like 23 guys on D, a lot of young people playing their first game or first start, and figuring out rotations. I remain very encouraged by this. Missed tackles were a major problem last year and this seems to have been something they were working on. Missed assignments and being out of position, big issue last year. Not seeing nearly as much of that as before. I mean do you see 2018's team forcing 3 & outs in the first 3 possession? I am not sure that happened once last year in the first quarter against big 12 teams.

They are fairly undisciplined and that will come back to haunt Coach Log in his final year before becoming the Dallas Cowboy coach. Hurts is serviceable, but he still has the same problem throwing the ball. The kicker is a crap show.
You've been saying stuff like this for years now. Like how Riley cant run a program and it will be too much for him. Now you're convinced he's destined for the nfl. Quite a roller coaster you're on. Eventually you'll learn it's not smart money to underestimate him. He will not leave OU after this year though or for a long while if at all; everything he has said, or done to this point suggests he has little interest in the nfl right now. I get it though, as an osu fan you desperately hate seeing him on OU's sideline. Conversely we hope you keep gundy forever. Hurts is far more than just serviceable (Knight was serviceable), doing stuff at OU he's never done before. And you dont complete 20/23 if you continue to have problems throwing the ball. And they were not all dinks and dunks either, he had nice touch on a couple deep balls he connected on. It's almost as if he had the ability to improve as a passer or something. Weird.

The Pokes have some of the same issues on defense, but that is a young defense that had a starting LB and DL out last Friday. I was underwhelmed by the defensive back field. However, the poke offense has a chance to be a juggernaut. Sanders and Hubbard can really move the ball. When you throw in Wallace on the outside and the transfer from South Alabama along with the other returning receivers they are pretty good. Gleeson is a great addition to the coaching staff and was better than expected in a road opener against a Power 5 school (even though said Power 5 school is really bad). I like the line play, but I don't know if Dickey is really an upgrade from Henson, time will tell. Its always an adventure with the Poke kicking game, but it seems to be better.
Seems pretty clear to me both schools will have top end offense again.

It boils down to both state schools need to be rooting for the drunken tiger to stomp a mud hole in the whorns, they are whorns and deserve to be further humiliated. Both teams have a better than even chance, if the Mullet doesn't do something stupid, of playing for all the marbles at the end and again the next week. The rest of the league under performed with the suckclones reverting to suckclone status, mildcats being mildcats, the couch burners suck, the original tortilla flingers are a mystery, rayplor is on the road to sucking, the gayhawks at least won a game, fatterson can't find a horny toad qb, the whorns weren't exactly impressive and are already claiming they are hurt.

If both state schools improve and take care of business we can have a fine season of bickering and belittling each other's team while enjoying a good season
I feel like since the rest of the big 12 has been stinking so bad, that it would be nice to have at least one ranked opponent on the schedule. Or, if tx wins this weekend, then it would be a top 10 matchup, for OU at least. If Ou and Osu are the only ranked teams in teh big 12, that's just sad.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I know you are all pumped about your d-coordinator that was going to be fired by Ohio State and I must say he did not disappoint in the underwhelming performance of his defense. They gave up way to many points to a Coug high school team that is not much better, if any better, than the beavs.
Firstly, is that a joke? Like, seriously? osu won 2 games last year. Two. Houston was 8-3 when King started, and retained almost every starter from last years #7 offense averaging 513 yards per game. now they have an actual proven head coach who can manage a team and he happens to really know offense. So are you really sure that houston is "not much better, if any better" than that shit in corvallis? Liar. :rolleyes:

When most of OU's starters left the game, at the end of the 3rd, the score was 42-17. I am very encouraged by what I saw out of the defense. They played like 23 guys on D, a lot of young people playing their first game or first start, and figuring out rotations. I remain very encouraged by this. Missed tackles were a major problem last year and this seems to have been something they were working on. Missed assignments and being out of position, big issue last year. Not seeing nearly as much of that as before. I mean do you see 2018's team forcing 3 & outs in the first 3 possession? I am not sure that happened once last year in the first quarter against big 12 teams.

They are fairly undisciplined and that will come back to haunt Coach Log in his final year before becoming the Dallas Cowboy coach. Hurts is serviceable, but he still has the same problem throwing the ball. The kicker is a crap show.
You've been saying stuff like this for years now. Like how Riley cant run a program and it will be too much for him. Now you're convinced he's destined for the nfl. Quite a roller coaster you're on. Eventually you'll learn it's not smart money to underestimate him. He will not leave OU after this year though or for a long while if at all; everything he has said, or done to this point suggests he has little interest in the nfl right now. I get it though, as an osu fan you desperately hate seeing him on OU's sideline. Conversely we hope you keep gundy forever. Hurts is far more than just serviceable (Knight was serviceable), doing stuff at OU he's never done before. And you dont complete 20/23 if you continue to have problems throwing the ball. And they were not all dinks and dunks either, he had nice touch on a couple deep balls he connected on. It's almost as if he had the ability to improve as a passer or something. Weird.

I feel like since the rest of the big 12 has been stinking so bad, that it would be nice to have at least one ranked opponent on the schedule. Or, if tx wins this weekend, then it would be a top 10 matchup, for OU at least. If Ou and Osu are the only ranked teams in teh big 12, that's just sad.
Remember Texas has to play OSU before the RRS. Don’t count your Top 10 matchup before it hatches

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

Oh gee, the nutless wonder is calling me out.

If you would notice I said "not much better" and they are not its just that simple.

They did have a large number of penalties, your own coaches said they did.

As for Coach Log going to the NFL, if coach brau can go anyone can. Success level doesn't seem to matter to the NFL

Hurts may improve, but he may not either. Remember he was playing a defense that lost players, and their best player by far.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Remember Texas has to play OSU before the RRS. Don’t count your Top 10 matchup before it hatches

Very true, Osu seems to have tx's very number lately.

Oh gee, the nutless wonder is calling me out.

If you would notice I said "not much better" and they are not its just that simple.

They did have a large number of penalties, your own coaches said they did.

As for Coach Log going to the NFL, if coach brau can go anyone can. Success level doesn't seem to matter to the NFL

Hurts may improve, but he may not either. Remember he was playing a defense that lost players, and their best player by far.

Nutless wonder? Is there a particular reason for the name calling?

I did notice you typed "not much better" but there is no objective measure where that statement is in the same ballpark as the truth. oregon state was beat by 19+ points 7 times last season. Only won 2 games all year and needed overtime to secure their best victory of the season, which was over a 2 win team. But tell me more about how they are not much better, since it's as you say "just that simple".

I am aware of the penalties, i did watch the game. Young players make mistakes, penalties get cleared up, it's not something I'm worried about at all here about 7 penalties being a problem all year. You worried bout osu's 6 penalties against a terrible team?

Kingsbury isnt in the nfl this year if he doesnt get fired at tech. And Riley wouldnt leave OU to take over a losing franchise, nobody trades in a lamborghini for a ford. They already really want him and he keeps saying no. I am pleased by some of his comments regarding this, and after hearing what he had to say about it just a couple days go, I am not concerned at this time.

Hurts already improved and showed it long before the game against houston. He showed that improvement by entering the game late down 28-21 going 7/9 and winning 35-28 by scoring the game's final two (and game winning) touchdown(s). Are your tempering your expectations with sanders considering how bad oregon state is?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
They gotta clean up some aggressiveness... but I like it when a dog has some bite in it. That whole defense has a different attitude to it. And if you wanna look... 14 points scored in garbage time against backups. That’s

D’Eriq King is a bad man. He still had 167 yards passing for the entire game and 103 yards rushing when he was running for his life from the pass rush. Points were allowed by stupid penalties that can be cleaned up. I saw very few missed tackles, very few bad angles, and tremendous improvement in just one game by guys we have always been told were playmakers but rarely got to see it.

You guys gave up more yards and more points to essentially the Kansas of the PAC-12. But yeah. Flog Oklahoma for doing what they did against a top ten offense who just hired Holgy and did half their damage in garbage time.