what kind of snake?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I am relocating to CT and while I was walking around a potential home, I almost stepped on an northern brownsnake in some leaves. He was just over a foot long, so nothing crazy big. Its amazing how well snakes have evolved to blend in with their surroundings.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Snake identification help, please..

This guy was hanging out in my garage one morning.

View attachment 55241

This one was out on the road.

View attachment 55240
Top on is nope, no freaking way I pick that rattlesnake looking thing up. Looks way to much like a rattlesnake for me to touch unless the head is detached. Sometimes they break off their rattles.

They may be bull snakes they have similar patterns.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Top on is nope, no freaking way I pick that rattlesnake looking thing up. Looks way to much like a rattlesnake for me to touch unless the head is detached. Sometimes they break off their rattles.

I won't even go near snake skin that has been shed

Jul 9, 2004

It was not a rattlesnake. However, I thought it might have been a Diamondback Water Snake..Just not sure

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
He shouldn't have been hiding where me or a kid might step on him. Out of the Barn out out out. He seemed to bump his head on a lead rock when I was removing him from the barn.

Pygmy Rattlesnake for those not familiar with the tiny little shits.

IMG_20170730_190350421.jpg