What is your coolest or most unusual OSU / Oklahoma A&M item in your collection?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
Not sure if you can call it OSU memorabilia, but me and my closest OSU friend were at the game in Norman when Tony Lindsay and co stomped the sooners. The few hundred OSU fans in attendance stormed their field, and in the melee, I kicked out a divot of turf from their field and took it as a trophy. Still have it in my freezer to this day.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Make a collection out of OSU license plates. Have a couple others since this photo.

So the license plates can be considered related to this, but is this really an OSU collectible? 2004 Mustang convertible in factory "Competition Orange". Got it last summer. Sure is fun to put the top down, put a couple dogs in the back, and just cruise over to Starbucks for a puppacino!

You win!

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I have a full custom OSU fabric suit that I had made while on deployment to Iraq. The one game I wore it to was the Fiesta Bowl...you're welcome.
Umm assuming we actually play football this fall (sucks to even think this way), you may need to break it out again then... conference championship and playoff baby. Of course If you are anything like me since that game you might need to get it adjusted to a bigger size though so keep this in mind...

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Not sure if you can call it OSU memorabilia, but me and my closest OSU friend were at the game in Norman when Tony Lindsay and co stomped the sooners. The few hundred OSU fans in attendance stormed their field, and in the melee, I kicked out a divot of turf from their field and took it as a trophy. Still have it in my freezer to this day.
I had turf from that game, but its been gone for a while. But I think it was Tone Jones, the 12-0 game. Two years later Tony Lindsay led the team to a 30-7 win, but no one stormed the field.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I have a framed letter of encouragement and a photo of Martel Van Zant addressed to my son, who also was born with severe-to-profound hearing loss.
It was just what a young boy needed to see on his wall each day to keep him inspired.
Martel Van Zant letter photo.jpg

casdas

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 14, 2004
Yukon, OK
What we really need is for @More Cowbell to get back in here and show off more of his collection. He has some spectacular OLD Oklahoma A&M things. In the meantime, here are my OSU hockey sweaters, as our guys streak toward the Frozen Four...

Nov 6, 2010
I had turf from that game, but its been gone for a while. But I think it was Tone Jones, the 12-0 game. Two years later Tony Lindsay led the team to a 30-7 win, but no one stormed the field.
Trust me we did storm the field for the 30-7 game. Their groudskeepers freaked and ran us off pretty quickly though, so maybe that's what you're remembering. I was not at the 12-0 game, it was kinda like 9/11 in that I remember exactly where I was because I wasn't sure I'd ever see us beat them in my lifetime.

Jan 18, 2007
I won this picture and knife on eBay in 2011. I think it is the oldest picture known of Frank Eaton. He is seated between Rollie Goodnight and Joe Bartels (see last photo). The knife has F.E. carved into the handle.

My limited research is locked in my safe deposit box with these items, but as I remember Joe Bartels was the nephew of a cattle drive baron and Rollie Goodnight was the grandson(?) of Charles Goodnight, another cattle drive baron famous for "establishing the Goodnight-Loving cattle trail, which curled northwest from Texas into New Mexico and Colorado. The Charles Goodnight and Oliver Loving friendship and adventures formed the basis of Larry McMurtry's epic novel Lonesome Dove." (quote from the Humanities Texas webpage on Charles Goodnight).

My theory about this picture is that Frank was the "star of the show" a sharpshooter entertainer for the cowboys the long cattle drives where there was little relief from the monotony of herding cattle for weeks at a time, but I haven't researched this. That's why he is seated with the other two resting their hands on his shoulders (similar to the famous picture of Buffalo Bill and Pawnee Bill below).

He could also have been a hired gun to protect the cattle drives . . . "Charles Goodnight and Oliver Loving . . . wanted to bring their cattle from north Texas to Denver. The problem was that between north Texas and Denver the Indians were very dangerous. To solve that problem Charles Goodnight and Oliver Loving came up with a special path. The route was a lot longer than just going straight to Denver, but it was also a lot safer" (quote from the Texas Parks and Wildlife webpage on cattle drives).

FrankCopyrighted.jpg

FrankEatonAuction4B.jpg

FrankEatonAuction2B.jpg

FrankwKnifeCopyrightedB.jpg

FrankEatonAuctionPic4B.jpg

FrankEatonJoeBartels.jpg

Buffalo_Bill_and_Pawnee_Bil.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I won this picture and knife on eBay in 2011. I think it is the oldest picture known of Frank Eaton. He is seated between Rollie Goodnight and Joe Bartels (see last photo). The knife has F.E. carved into the handle.

My limited research is locked in my safe deposit box with these items, but as I remember Joe Bartels was the nephew of a cattle drive baron and Rollie Goodnight was the grandson(?) of Charles Goodnight, another cattle drive baron famous for "establishing the Goodnight-Loving cattle trail, which curled northwest from Texas into New Mexico and Colorado. The Charles Goodnight and Oliver Loving friendship and adventures formed the basis of Larry McMurtry's epic novel Lonesome Dove." (quote from the Humanities Texas webpage on Charles Goodnight).

My theory about this picture is that Frank was the "star of the show" a sharpshooter entertainer for the cowboys the long cattle drives where there was little relief from the monotony of herding cattle for weeks at a time, but I haven't researched this. That's why he is seated with the other two resting their hands on his shoulders (similar to the famous picture of Buffalo Bill and Pawnee Bill below).

He could also have been a hired gun to protect the cattle drives . . . "Charles Goodnight and Oliver Loving . . . wanted to bring their cattle from north Texas to Denver. The problem was that between north Texas and Denver the Indians were very dangerous. To solve that problem Charles Goodnight and Oliver Loving came up with a special path. The route was a lot longer than just going straight to Denver, but it was also a lot safer" (quote from the Texas Parks and Wildlife webpage on cattle drives).

View attachment 78637

View attachment 78639

View attachment 78640
View attachment 78641
View attachment 78642

View attachment 78644

View attachment 78645
Joe Bartles was the founder of Dewey OK
The merchants of the nearby town wanted Joe to move to their town so they called it Bartlesville.

Joe stayed in Dewey

Aug 8, 2006
Tulsa, OK
Okay here’s my contribution to the thread. I waited until I could get pictures as I think many of you would appreciate them.
Back around 2008, the ticket office was moving or just cleaning out stuff, but through a family member that worked there I was able to acquire several uncut sheets of season tickets for Football and Basketball from various years, some signed.
A few notable;
2005 Football, Gundy’s First Year-Signed
2004 Basketball, Final Four Season
2005 Basketball, Sweet Sixteen, partial sheet but signed by Eddie and Sean.
2 sets of 1986 Football, Thurman’s Junior Yr

In 2009 we played Georgia to open the season and to help dedicate the new stadium Thurman was there signing autographs. I gave him one of the 1986 sets and he signed the other for me. I have a picture of him signing them somewhere.

Attachments

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Have a few things.... they are all on display at the family dental office in Tish. The other jerseys I own are put up; RW McQuarters freshman home jersey, Chianti Roberts signing day jersey and Jeremy Burntiz home Brewers jersey from his All-Star season. I had Ivan McFarlin's senior jersey but I sold it... which I still regret.

Desmond Mason's senior jersey (black, away jersey. Has the torn shoulder from the Bedlam game in Norman). His white one is in Heritage Hall and he has his orange one. He has tried to get the black one from me :)

Mo Bakers orange away jersey (with the 10 patch they put on during the 2001 season)

Tatum Bell's freshman jersey (orange, #33, his first number)

Mason.jpg

Mo.jpg

Bell.jpg

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Have a few things.... they are all on display at the family dental office in Tish. The other jerseys I own are put up; RW McQuarters freshman home jersey, Chianti Roberts signing day jersey and Jeremy Burntiz home Brewers jersey from his All-Star season. I had Ivan McFarlin's senior jersey but I sold it... which I still regret.

Desmond Mason's senior jersey (black, away jersey. Has the torn shoulder from the Bedlam game in Norman). His white one is in Heritage Hall and he has his orange one. He has tried to get the black one from me :)

Mo Bakers orange away jersey (with the 10 patch they put on during the 2001 season)

Tatum Bell's freshman jersey (orange, #33, his first number)

View attachment 78664

View attachment 78665

View attachment 78666
Might want to take this down. You can see patients in the reflection