What is your coolest or most unusual OSU / Oklahoma A&M item in your collection?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I hesitate sometimes to post photos of things, because I don’t ever want anyone to think I’m showing off. My intent is always just, “here’s something I think is cool and I’d like other Pokes to be able to see it too”
I think that is what most everyone on here thinks. Just really cool stuff most have not seen before.

"If you can do it, it ain't bragging". Yogi Berra

Aug 16, 2012
I hesitate sometimes to post photos of things, because I don’t ever want anyone to think I’m showing off. My intent is always just, “here’s something I think is cool and I’d like other Pokes to be able to see it too”
Not to wish anything ill of you, but when it is your time, whomever is the AD needs to build a nice glass display, or even a small room, in GIA to display what you have. You have to have many items they do not and it would be a cool way for all to see what you have collected over the years.

Well

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
I enjoy seeing all the memorabilia. This was a great idea for a thread. Post away!

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Just speaking for myself, I'm 99% admiration, 1% envy. I love seeing the old, and rare stuff.

I have to ask, have you ever seen a program with the tiger on it? What's the oldest program you have? I lost an auction for a 1914 A&M program on ebay that bothers me to this day.

casdas

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 14, 2004
Yukon, OK
Just speaking for myself, I'm 99% admiration, 1% envy. I love seeing the old, and rare stuff.

I have to ask, have you ever seen a program with the tiger on it? What's the oldest program you have? I lost an auction for a 1914 A&M program on ebay that bothers me to this day.
Well thanks for the kind words and understanding about what I do. I appreciate that.

My oldest football programs are from the late 1930s. Anything pre-WWII for Oklahoma A&M is pretty hard to find, as I know you know. What I have focused on as far as football programs are the home games since WWII. I haven't figured it up lately, but I think I have about 80% of them, maybe just a little bit more. I don't think I've ever seen a football program with a Tiger on it.

casdas

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 14, 2004
Yukon, OK
I really like pennants and you can't have too many as far as I'm concerned. But along the way, I have picked up a couple of different felt banners. One is probably from the 1950s, it's about 12"x15" and it has the original OAMC crest on it. The other is probably from the late 1960s to the mid-1970s, its just a little smaller. Both have flocked printing on soft wool felt.

Anyone can make a nice little collection out of almost anything. It just takes time and effort and persistence, and it doesn't always take a lot of money. I've been gathering up these Pete lapel pins for a long time. Have probably never paid over like $12 for any one of them. I think I've even added a couple different ones since I took this photo. And I have a hard time getting a a good photo that shows the detail without glare.

Make a collection out of old football pocket schedules.

Make a collection out of old stickers and decals.

Make a collection out of OSU golf balls. #golfschool

casdas

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 14, 2004
Yukon, OK
Make a collection out of OSU license plates. Have a couple others since this photo.

So the license plates can be considered related to this, but is this really an OSU collectible? 2004 Mustang convertible in factory "Competition Orange". Got it last summer. Sure is fun to put the top down, put a couple dogs in the back, and just cruise over to Starbucks for a puppacino!

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Well thanks for the kind words and understanding about what I do. I appreciate that.

My oldest football programs are from the late 1930s. Anything pre-WWII for Oklahoma A&M is pretty hard to find, as I know you know. What I have focused on as far as football programs are the home games since WWII. I haven't figured it up lately, but I think I have about 80% of them, maybe just a little bit more. I don't think I've ever seen a football program with a Tiger on it.
I hope you and I haven't bumped into each other in the bidding. I know @JWAKJA outbid me for something long ago, but I rarely bid on anything on ebay anymore. I do check occasionally to see if I can find one from the Tokyo bowl back when Sanders won the heisman, but I've never seen one of those.

Jun 14, 2011
This probably my best/fav item. 2011 FB team. I think I am only missing Gundy's Herbie Hancock since he wasn't at that fan appreciation day and I haven't been able to make one since.

helmet.jpg

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX

I hope you and I haven't bumped into each other in the bidding. I know @JWAKJA outbid me for something long ago, but I rarely bid on anything on ebay anymore. I do check occasionally to see if I can find one from the Tokyo bowl back when Sanders won the heisman, but I've never seen one of those.
Stuff from that Tokyo Bowl is tough! I also haven't ever had the opportunity to buy a program but I was able to buy a couple items, this flyer was the coolest because of the text:

Edit: Also, check out the players in the picture. It's either the wackiest play ever or was designed by someone that had never seen football. I'm guessing the latter.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2008
D7C6755B-CDEF-4417-AC01-AF0BF16D5984.jpeg

The story is, Big Country had some truck issues one evening and didn’t have any money for the mechanic so he traded these shoes for services rendered.

1813787B-F16D-499C-8075-90EBDC7B2C67.jpeg

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
1912 FFT.jpg

My collection is heavily geared toward OAMC items. I was able to obtain this original 8 x 10 photo; writing on the back reads "Ball game at the college".
In my research, I have identified this as the Freshman football team from 1912-1913. In those days, Freshman were not allowed to play on the varsity squad, instead playing games against the Sophomores, the Business College, and other intramural matches. They are pictured here standing outside of Morrill Hall (Which burned a few months after this was taken). The original facade survived and remains there today. I've gone on the north side of Morrill and identified exactly where this was taken.