What Is The Best Lake In Austin?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 30, 2006
I Am Used To Grand Lake. Thinking About Moving Boat To Austin Or Somewhere Around Austin. Need To Know From Any Of Our Texas Residents What Lake Is Best? Looking For Entertainment, Restaurants, Marina's, Yacht Clubs, Etc.

Thanks!

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007
Hippie Hollow sounds like a fun place.

Lake LBJ is just up the road. I highly recommend Marble Falls.
I never went during my time in Austin, so I really can't comment. From what I've seen on HBO's Real Sex series, it seems like the people who want to hang around nude are the ones you don't want to see nude. I have to admit, though, I've revised my view on that somewhat after seeing some of the topless sunbathers at Barton Springs :D, so maybe Hippie Hollow is more like that.

Austin is an awesome place.

Mar 3, 2004
Smithville,TX
Lake Austin is really underrated, but a great place to ski or fish. It's a reservoir lake, so the levels stay pretty constant. It's the only lake actually in Austin, other than Lady Bird,( AKA Town Lake) and you can't ski on it. The homes and people you'll see on Lake austin Are well worth the LCRA launch fees. Great fishing too. Of course Travis is a lot like grand as far as size, and it's the queen bee of the area lakes. Buchanan , Inks, and LBJ are a bit of a drive depending on where you live, but all the Highland Lakes have their points. Another lake that's underrated is Georgetown Lake. Nowhere near the traffic of any of those others.