What do you think it will take to make the NCAA Tournament?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will take to make the NCAA Tournament?

• We are in right Now

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • 1 more win

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • 2 more wins (2 in the B12 Tourney or 1 and beat KU)

Votes: 45 39.5%
  • 3 more wins (3 in the B12 Tourney or 2 and beat KU)

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • 4 more wins (3 in the B12 Tourney and beat KU)

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Have to win the B12 Tourney. No way in except with the auto-bid

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
At this point I don't see any justification for putting ou in and leaving OSU out, regardless of what happens against KU. Doesn't mean they won't still do it, I can't remember the last time I was happy with how the selection committee treated us.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Well updated this morning, Lunardi still has OSU as last four out and still has ou as last four in as an 11 seed. Does he know something the rest of us don't? Has he already voted for Young as POY and is desperate to qualify it? I don't know. Anybody who watched that game last night would know which was the better team.

Whichever way the committee goes, they will do something they've never done before. If they take OSU, it will be the lowest RPI to get an at large bid. If they take ou, it will be the first time a team that finished the season 2-8 in it's last ten games got an at large bid.

Edit: Just checked CBS updated today as well. They still have ou as last four in and don't have OSU listed at all.

Last edited:

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Well updated this morning, Lunardi still has OSU as last four out and still has ou as last four in as an 11 seed. Does he know something the rest of us don't? Has he already voted for Young as POY and is desperate to qualify it? I don't know. Anybody who watched that game last night would know which was the better team.

Whichever way the committee goes, they will do something they've never done before. If they take OSU, it will be the lowest RPI to get an at large bid. If they take ou, it will be the first time a team that finished the season 2-8 in it's last ten games got an at large bid.

Edit: Just checked CBS updated today as well. They still have ou as last four in and don't have OSU listed at all.
Jerry Palm has been one of the biggest people trashing OSU and refuses to back track. Also, note however that his bracket has very few "currently out" teams mentioned. Most of his "bubble" teams are in his bracket.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
I mentioned in the game thread as well, but since it's relevant here too...

In spite of a national nonconference strength-of-schedule ranking of No. 307, OSU has beaten Kansas twice, Oklahoma twice, West Virginia on the road, Texas Tech and Florida State (in a neutral-site game in Florida).

“There’s a pretty consistent history, if you’re right at the edge of the bubble, that (the nonconference schedule) really comes into play. We’ve seen it every year,” Lunardi said. “I just wouldn’t want to be in that situation but I could certainly see (OSU making the NCAA field) ... (because) of momentum and quality wins.”

Lunardi’s Thursday Bracketology projection had OU has one of the last four in the tournament and OSU as one of the first four to be left off of the bracket.

SportsCenter host Scott Van Pelt tweeted in support of the Cowboys: “Oklahoma State non conference blahblahblah. Look at their league wins. Who would you rather play: them or (the Sooners)? OSU looks the part to me.”
Link

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Oklahoma State is still playing basketball.

OSU played two teams outside the conference which are in the Sweet 16 (Texas A&M and Florida State). OU played none.

OSU was 5 - 5 against Sweet 16 teams, OU was 3 - 5.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Oklahoma State is still playing basketball.

OSU played two teams outside the conference which are in the Sweet 16 (Texas A&M and Florida State). OU played none.

OSU was 5 - 5 against Sweet 16 teams, OU was 3 - 5.
OSU is 5-6: Kansas 2-1, K-State 0-2, WV 1-1, Tech 1-1, Florida State 1-0, A&M 0-1 Still very impressive.

I think UNC and Virginia each with 6 victories are the only two eliminated teams that have more than 5 victories against Sweet Sixteen teams and neither of those teams played to their seed. Couldn't find another team with 5 victories, but searched pretty quickly.