What Are You Drinking Now?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
They vary quite a bit to me depending on the hops used. I prefer the ones that have the citrus flavors. No fruit added, just the flavor of the hops. They're always best fresh though.

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
Is it just me ? but ALL Ipa's taste like fresh brewed pine cones to me ................and I'm one hellacious beer drinker. Lot's of experience.
Yeah, I'm not a big IPA fan. Have had a couple that I like (Bridgeport for one), but most I do not like. The extra hops were added back in the colonial days of India so that the beer would not spoil on the ships from England (obviously before refrigeration).

Yeah, I'm not a big IPA fan. Have had a couple that I like (Bridgeport for one), but most I do not like. The extra hops were added back in the colonial days of India so that the beer would not spoil on the ships from England (obviously before refrigeration).
Thanks, good to know some of the history regarding IPA's .they really do taste "piney"
I did have an Ayinger Celebrator double bock beer the other day and to say that it's thick and chocolately would be an understatement..........one goes a long way for me.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Did this flight at a whiskey bar in Rochester Minnesota

THE BALVENIE
12 Doublewood, 14 Carribbean Cask, 15 Single Barrel, 21 Portwood

I would rate them 2,4,3,1 - which surprised me about the doublewood. Will be in my whiskey rotation soon.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Today, a Smithwicks, Shiner Bock, Shiner Ruby Red, Tanqueray and Tonic, and to finish the day

image.jpeg

The bottle is almost empty.:(

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
Occasionally I have a drink of Gin, usually Blue Sapphire. Any recommendations on a better/different brand? I'm not much of a Gin connoisseur (Scotch guy) and would welcome an informed suggestion.
Keep the Scotch and flush the Gin. :D

Seriously, Gin is one libation that I cannot drink. I have never drank aftershave, but Gin is what I would imagine aftershave to taste like.

To make it worse, I detest junipers. I have declared Eastern redcedar (actually a juniper) PUBLIC ENEMY #1 for Oklahomans. By my decree, all subjects shall kill every Eastern redcedar they encounter, whether it be on their personal private property, private property of another subject, or on State and National Parks. #allcedarsmustdie

Oct 9, 2009
Greenville,Texas
www.aodmt.org
That reply brought a huge smile to my face........while on active duty in the Army (1967-73) me and several barrack buddies pooled our money (I was making about $130 a month) and bought about 6 or 7 bottles of cheap Gin and proceeded to make a concoction called a Singapore Sling. After we'd gone to all the trouble of making the first 5 or 6 rounds we began to drink the crap straight out of the bottle.................it's what 20 year olds do ya know. Not only did we get extremely drunk but each of us could smell the other for two or three days, that cheap Gin leaked out of my skin for so long that to this day I can't stand the smell of Gin or a juniper berry. The things I did for my country ! :no: GIN !!