What’s the ceiling for Justice Hill?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You and the obvious other homers on here just don’t get it. But then again, you didn’t even know we played UT at home so as usual....grain of salt with you is in order.

I really hope I’m wrong about this season and we do reach out potential of 9-10 wins but I seriously can see us losing to any of the following games: BSU, UT, KSU, and TCU and even ISU even though I truly believe we are better. 9-10 wins could and should happen. Hope it does. I’ll even give you 2-1 odds on our wager plus unlimited pitchers because I’ll be so happy if it does.
I'm good with 2 pizzas and unlimited pitchers for a party of 4. I like me some Pepperoni and Mushroom and a cold one! I will not be happy if I have to foot the bill for your party...but will honor our bet.

Btw, 9 wins including the bowl game is the wager... Just to be clear...You do know that less than 9 wins has only happened twice in the last 10 years, and less than 10 wins has only happened once in the last 5 and we had major QB injuries and Oline problems ...we are trending in the right direction, I certainly hope it continues.

Last edited:

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Just because I think it's cool to bring up again. The following teams have won fewer games than ours in the past decade:

UT, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Penn State, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Michigan, Florida, Miami, USC, Notre Dame.

Last edited:

Mfa6677

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jan 15, 2016
Kansas
Dude, we have out-preformed media expectations as well nearly every single year under Gundy and will likely do so again in 2018...last year was a slight exception. Nearly every national magazine routinely under ranks the Cowboys compared to how they finish the season. This isn't just an opinion, it's a fact. Hell you said yourself... "the general public was and is slow to come around to betting and having faith in our teams"...this fact means that our expectations among the general public and sports media are indeed being exceeded routinely. It is only a few blind and biased fans that cannot see this...it's very perplexing to me as a 40 plus year follower of Cowboy Football.

Btw, name three teams in the teams listed as top 10 ATS over the last 10 years that haven't met expectations? What you posted is nearly as false a notion as Jimmy is pushing.

Go Pokes!
Those items are not mutually exclusive. Sure it can coincidentally happen but if you think ats records directly correlate to actual results of win loss records then I’m certain your bookie loves you. I’d gladly explain this in person over beers. Exceeding media expectations for how we finish in conference is not the same as having a good ats record. It’s no secret the books have been slower to adjust to good teams covering Especially early in the season. It’s a business. Last season of the 15 bookies I’m friends with 13 weren’t in the Black for the season in cfb until like week 13. Bowl games they cleaned up. As per usual

Mfa6677

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jan 15, 2016
Kansas
We can nitpick this to death with examples but one for instance, last year Alabama was 5-7 ats at one point. And I don’t think anyone would say they didn’t meet expectations. Rsw totals are just numbers line makers put out not for expectations but of expectations of what numbers will bring action. And they adjust from there. Our started at 8.5 and last I checked was bumped down to 8 or 7.5 depending on what station you bet on and those over 7.5 were juiced to Hell. The under 8.5 was juiced like hell. They also have much lower limits on reg season totals as they will alllow for actual ats games where they get more action with parlays and teasers It’s not like oddsmakers are trying to actually be accurate and be exactly on the number or they’d never toss out .5 points

Mfa6677

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jan 15, 2016
Kansas
I'm good with 2 pizzas and unlimited pitchers for a party of 4. I like me some Pepperoni and Mushroom and a cold one! I will not be happy if I have to foot the bill for your party...but will honor our bet.

Btw, 9 wins including the bowl game is the wager... Just to be clear...You do know that less than 9 wins has only happened twice in the last 10 years, and less than 10 wins has only happened once in the last 5 and we had major QB injuries and Oline problems ...we are trending in the right direction, I certainly hope it continues.
And I definitely hope you win this bet

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Just let the man hate Gundy and move on. Nobody is changing his mind. More importantly though, Gundy isn't going anywhere and we'll keep winning games.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Oklahoma State running back Justice Hill and linebacker Justin Phillips are already gaining preseason recognition.

Hill was named to the watch list for the Maxwell Award, given to the best all-around player in college football.

And Phillips was named to the Bednarik Award watch list. That award goes to the country's top defensive player each season.

Hill and Phillips are two of OSU's four player representatives at Big 12 Media Days in Frisco, Texas this week.
Link

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Phillips and Bundage are two of the best LBs we've had in quite a while. Behind them is a little shaky, but serviceable. I just hope Bundage isn't super predictable kamikaze linebacker like they used him last season. Anxious to see the changes on Def.
Agreed. We can use Bundage creatively. I really like our depth at lb with Kevin Henry back from injury.

Feb 5, 2007
https://youtu.be/f2jwJrzU-pw

Watch that video. He got better and better as the season went on. The game started to slow down for him, and he started to look like the fastest player on the field. Justice Hill will be very good.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Justice Hill is a game changer. He should be given the ball like crazy in big games. He is the best RB gundy has ever had. If he doesn’t have atleast 20+ carries in games that are close or big games, then it would be an absolute travesty.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
https://youtu.be/f2jwJrzU-pw

Watch that video. He got better and better as the season went on. The game started to slow down for him, and he started to look like the fastest player on the field. Justice Hill will be very good.
Love the video, and agree Hill is a beast. But I really think we should be using King for short yardage and the vast majority of plays inside the 5 yard line. Also, Hill plays with incredible power for his size, but what that video didn't show were the numerous times we rushed up to the line on short yardage and tried to quick snap for the first and Hill gets thrown down like a rag doll. He simply doesn't have the mass to move a pile on a consistent basis.

That, and as others have mentioned - we are loaded at RB. No need to run him into the ground.

Heisman talk is.....how you say? Delusional...? If Saquan Barkley couldn't win it with his season and their efforts to get him there, I just don't see Hill, even with a fantastic year, even being invited to NYC.

Sep 20, 2017
Texas
Love the video, and agree Hill is a beast. But I really think we should be using King for short yardage and the vast majority of plays inside the 5 yard line. Also, Hill plays with incredible power for his size, but what that video didn't show were the numerous times we rushed up to the line on short yardage and tried to quick snap for the first and Hill gets thrown down like a rag doll. He simply doesn't have the mass to move a pile on a consistent basis.

That, and as others have mentioned - we are loaded at RB. No need to run him into the ground.

Heisman talk is.....how you say? Delusional...? If Saquan Barkley couldn't win it with his season and their efforts to get him there, I just don't see Hill, even with a fantastic year, even being invited to NYC.
I’ve watched that a few times. If McKlesky will put more effort in blocking and/or not just totally whiff, , Hill could break numerous long runs this year.

But yes, King might turn in to a TD/short yardage vulture and deservedly so.

Last edited:
May 8, 2009
Germantown, TN
My take: If our O-line is equal or even better than '17, then our running backs can be chisels to the opposition. Chip away until the designated QB can start picking apart the opposition with the pass. If this scenario happens, I think we might have a special season. Of course this is under the assumption our defense does not go backwards.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
My take: If our O-line is equal or even better than '17, then our running backs can be chisels to the opposition. Chip away until the designated QB can start picking apart the opposition with the pass. If this scenario happens, I think we might have a special season. Of course this is under the assumption our defense does not go backwards.
I think we can have a great season. This is the year the year to knock of OU with mike stoops as DC and a newer QB. We should have a chance in every game but will we capitalize? I think winning some of the road games will be tougher with a new QB.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Because of coaching and the conservative strategy. I feel confident in 9 wins but when we play against OU I have no confidence in gundy to guide us to victory. We can win any game but that one.
I know he's only won that one as head coach twice...but he's been involved on the staff for more than that. I understand your discouragement on that game, we have certainly suffered through several bedlams where we could have and should have won...we have also been through one where we had no business winning and but we did...Go figure??? :confused::confused::confused:

I continue to hope we learn how to finish in that game like we have in so many others.