WH announces US removal from Syria...announces turning over all US held ISIS fighters to Syria

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Today Russia called for the US military to depart from Syria

Envoy to Syria Alexander Lavrentiev said
"Any reasons cited by the Americans to justify their further military presence... are just excuses, and we think their presence must end,"

As of last month the Pentagon said there were ~2000 US Troops in Syria

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-tells-us-military-get-out-syria-756463

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Trump’s boastful claim that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and get away with it may have been verified 2 million times over. To me this is much worse than just randomly shooting one person in New York.There are approximately 2 million Kurds in Syria who are now vulnerable to being wiped out by Turkey’s superior military. Trump now has blood on his hands. He has proven that he truly believes that he knows more than the generals. He admits he has conflicts of interest in Istanbul and Trump Towers.
What countries will emerge with the most influence in the region when we abandon the Kurds? You don’t have to be a stable genius to do the math. Syria, Turkey, Iran, and Russia. It’s damn sure not the USA. Trump believes that forming allies is easy. Well if it ever was , then it won’t be now. He’s lowered the credibility of our country for decades to come. If you love this country some of you in this forum need to evaluate your unconditional love of this flawed man otherwise you’re helping to create a country that has never existed here. Quit trying to justify his actions for the sake of your 401K or your precious judges. The irreparable cost to the country is just too high of a price to pay. My 2 cents. The beatings may now begin.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
IF this UN thing is true, I would like to see a press conference or even a tweet explaining it. Doesn't make sense.
Russia rejected it saying that condemnation didn't do enough to address the broader issues, including the presence of foreign forces in the country

US Ambassador Kelly Craft told reporters after it failed that Trump
“has made abundantly clear” that the United States “has not in any way” endorsed Turkey’s decision to mount a military incursion in northeast Syria.

So there was no need for the US to vote with the UN to condemn

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...olution-condemning-turkish-invasion-of-syria/

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Russia rejected it saying that condemnation didn't do enough to address the broader issues, including the presence of foreign forces in the country

US Ambassador Kelly Craft told reporters after it failed that Trump
“has made abundantly clear” that the United States “has not in any way” endorsed Turkey’s decision to mount a military incursion in northeast Syria.

So there was no need for the US to vote with the UN to condemn

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...olution-condemning-turkish-invasion-of-syria/
I could understand opposing it because it didn't go far enough, I mean empty words are useless. But just saying we opposed it because we already condemned the act independently of the UN seems pretty stupid. Trump dropping the ball on this one...again if any of the above is true.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
So now Trump says he is going to punish Turkey for attacking the Kurds..including an option of sending in 1000's of US military!
Which he very well could have been considering all along, just hadn't decided yet. Who the F knows anymore. As I said, I don't trust anything that is reported in this political climate.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Which he very well could have been considering all along, just hadn't decided yet. Who the F knows anymore. As I said, I don't trust anything that is reported in this political climate.
Don’t expect the dead bodies to be labeled and certified dead by a Trump coroner speaking on Fox News. Honestly don’t know what could convince the people that normalize lies and ignore truth that our dear leader couldn’t care less about anyone but himself.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Honestly don’t know what could convince the people that normalize lies and ignore truth that our dear leader couldn’t care less about anyone but himself.
Probably the same thing that it would take to convince you that the rest of the crooks in DC are the same way. If one of us figures it out, let's make a pact to tell the other one.