WH announces US removal from Syria...announces turning over all US held ISIS fighters to Syria

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
I've been looking into this trying to understand it. Apparently the Turkish/Kurdish conflict has been ongoing for the better part of the past 40 years. The Kurds have an organization called the PKK that is pretty universally considered a terrorist organization. The U.S. has considered them a terrorist organization for decades. The Kurdish YPG group that helped us fight ISIS is actually an offshoot of the PKK. The U.S. initially didn't arm the YPG because of their ties to the PKK, but Trump reversed that decision in 2017. I assume he felt like arming them was the lesser of the two evils.

The Kurds may have helped us defeat ISIS, but I have no idea who's on the right or wrong side of the Turkish/Kurdish conflict. It seems like a very complicated issue.

Last edited:

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
I've been looking into this trying to understand it. Apparently the Turkish/Kurdish conflict has been ongoing for the better part of the past 40 years. The Kurds have an organization called the PKK that is pretty universally considered a terrorist organization. The U.S. has considered them a terrorist organization for decades.

The Kurds may have helped us defeat ISIS, but I have no idea who's on the right or wrong side of the Turkish/Kurdish conflict. It seems like a very complicated issue.
It's Trump's fault because 40 years ago Trump.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Just like Trade Wars and Healthcare and North Korea

Yes, just like all of the "oh, the humanity!!!" stories endlessly trotted out since he took office that you've breathlessly posted Tweets in rapid-fire succession, only to be disappointed when the smoke clears & all the hyperventilating & hyperbole have cleared.

Be honest. You've honestly lost track of all the times you've done this by now, right?

I mean, I know I have.

Any updates on our war with N. Korea?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
What exactly do the Dems and Reps expect Trump to do here...engage Turkey's army? Last I checked, the power to declare war still rests solely with Congress. Also last I checked Turkey is a NATO Ally. Congress could vote to withdraw from NATO if they don't like this. No they'd rather bitch about what somebody else isn't doing. Cowards.....

....And hypocrites. All we've heard the last 2 years is how Trump is exceeding the power of his office....separation of powers is uttered every other day by Pelosi. Now they seem to want Trump to send the army into war with no oversight from Congress at all. Freaking politicians...they suck.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Just like Trade Wars and Healthcare and North Korea

Aren't we abandoning an ally no matter what we do here. There is no option here where that doesn't happen.

For 2 years we've heard about how dangerous Russia is and how Trump wants to help them. Well I promise you that weakening NATO will most assuredly help Russia. Freaking hypocrites.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Aren't we abandoning an ally no matter what we do here. There is no option here where that doesn't happen.

For 2 years we've heard about how dangerous Russia is and how Trump wants to help them. Well I promise you that weakening NATO will most assuredly help Russia. Freaking hypocrites.
Marco's reply
https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1182080140475604992