WH announces US removal from Syria...announces turning over all US held ISIS fighters to Syria

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), a member of House leadership who is weighing a Senate bid, called Trump's decision a "catastrophic mistake that puts our gains against ISIS at risk and threatens US security."

"This decision ignores lesson of 9/11. Terrorists thousands of miles away can and will use their safe-havens to launch attacks against America," she added in a tweet.

Rep. Adam Kizinger (R-Ill.) said withdrawing U.S. troops from the area would "abandon our friends and give Russia & Iran exactly what they want. This is wrong."

And Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.), who sits on both the Intelligence and Homeland Security Committees, also voiced his disapproval. "Strongly disagree with @POTUS Trump decision to allow Erdogan to invade Syria. Betrays Kurds, strengthens ISIS and endangers American homeland," King tweeted.
Can’t believe I’d agree with any Cheney ever!

Jul 22, 2011
Get enough congressional bipartisan support and sign a declaration of war. I don't know enough about the Middle East to say whether this is a good decision or a horrible mistake. There was a time when I thought I did. 20 years and 5 wars later I'm not so cocksure.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1181167620579581952
It appears that the President has a brain fart and national security and the Kurds are thrown under the Turkish bus. Shooting from the hip might make westerns entertaining but to me a more thoughtful, advised, and somber response to national security would be more widely accepted.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.): "I want to make sure we keep our word for those who fight with us and help us. If you make a commitment and somebody is fighting with you, America should keep their word," he told "Fox & Friends."

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: "I generally support @POTUS on foreign policy & don't want our troops fighting other nations' wars, but a HUGE mistake to abandon Kurds. They've never asked us to do THEIR fighting — just give them tools to defend themselves. They have been faithful allies. We CANNOT abandon them,"

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
We should go back to drone strikes on children and not doing shit about ISIS.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
The left are now war-mongers...because Trump.
No the Republicans have the market cornered on war and war mongers. However, once we engage we shouldn’t turn our backs on our best allies imo. But then our POTUS does so regularly while embracing enemies and dictators. So I guess no one should be surprised.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I don't agree with pulling out of Syria. I also have limited knowledge of the issues and potential issues. Is this a ploy for the other NATO nations to step up and help with the burden?

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
No the Republicans have the market cornered on war and war mongers. However, once we engage we shouldn’t turn our backs on our best allies imo. But then our POTUS does so regularly while embracing enemies and dictators. So I guess no one should be surprised.
You are beyond a joke.