West Virginia GOP poster.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

okstate987

Special Teams Coach
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
A Galaxy Far, Far Away
nope... you do not understand the Bible.... sorry to be the one to have to break the news to you.

"literally a direct quote"... doesn't actually mean anything, nor does it detract from what I posted.

I can literally give you a direct quote from any parable, any story, and even something of pure fiction... but a literal quote, does not make the event true, it simply makes it a literal quote.... sorry, that's just not how it works.
lol...no one with any sort of scholarly background thinks that verse or story is a parable. None of the Jewish interpretations of the verse interpret it as a parable. Only you--yet again. Are you Alex Jones?

The largest Christian seminary in the world says I understand Theology, but hey, what do they know?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
lol...no one with any sort of scholarly background thinks that verse or story is a parable. None of the Jewish interpretations of the verse interpret it as a parable. Only you--yet again. Are you Alex Jones?

The largest Christian seminary in the world says I understand Theology, but hey, what do they know?
that's right... claim authority that you do not have.... brilliant.

Those are not my words or thoughts - they are those of "a theologian".
1551751849463.png
Nathan O'Halloran

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/voxnova/2010/05/09/1-samuel-15-and-the-problem-of-a-bloodthirsty-god/

but whatever you say chief..... SMH

are you alexandria ocasio-cortez? (with apology to AOC)

Last edited:

okstate987

Special Teams Coach
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
A Galaxy Far, Far Away
that's right... claim authority that you do not have.... brilliant.

Those are not my words or thoughts - they are those of "a theologian". View attachment 68615 Nathan O'Halloran

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/voxnova/2010/05/09/1-samuel-15-and-the-problem-of-a-bloodthirsty-god/

but whatever you say chief..... SMH

are you alexandria ocasio-cortez? (with apology to AOC)
Cool, you found a priest with a blog that has an obscure opinion. Its also a cop out.

The ancients didn't think genocide was wrong. There is a reason pretty much every major culture and military practiced it to one extent or another. If a text says, all men women and children should be killed, that typically is what happened if the hatred ran deep enough and one nation was strong enough.

The moral values of the ancients are nothing like ours, and sugarcoating some of the more reprehensible practices is just dumbing down some of the incongruities with the bible and modern values.

Was polygamy a parable too?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Cool, you found a priest with a blog that has an obscure opinion. Its also a cop out.

The ancients didn't think genocide was wrong. There is a reason pretty much every major culture and military practiced it to one extent or another. If a text says, all men women and children should be killed, that typically is what happened if the hatred ran deep enough and one nation was strong enough.

The moral values of the ancients are nothing like ours, and sugarcoating some of the more reprehensible practices is just dumbing down some of the incongruities with the bible and modern values.

Was polygamy a parable too?
knock it off.... I did nothing of the sort (of your wild allegations in this post). You brought up the obscure tangent of genocide, not me. I was talking about the Muslim's vow to kill infidels.

YOU went on this random tangent of apparent moral equivalency, which, of course, is more complete nonsense by you. You simply cannot focus.

Whether God ordered genocide of a group or not, he never ever ordered all gentiles to be killed. (that would be the moral equivalency)

and now you're trying to drift into some other obscure tangent about polygamy.

You claimed scholars as your "higher authority", and I showed you that my post was actually from a scholar... but to you.... it's just an obscure priest - because apparently the priesthood isn't of the same Ivy league evangelical teachings that you adhere too.

How about Hugo Winckler then? (about these people ordered to be killed)

...the archaeologist and historian Hugo Winckler suggested in 1895 that there were never any such people and the Biblical stories concerning them are entirely mythological and ahistorical.

How about Jewish tradition?

In Judaism, the Amalekites came to represent the archetypal enemy of the Jews. In Jewish folklore the Amalekites are considered to be the symbol of evil.

Nur Masalha, Elliot Horowitz and Josef Stern suggest that Amalekites have come to represent an "eternally irreconcilable enemy" that wants to murder Jews, and that Jews in post-biblical times sometimes associate contemporary enemies with Haman or Amalekites, and that some Jews believe that pre-emptive violence is acceptable against such enemies. Groups identified with Amalek include the Romans, Nazis, Stalinists, and bellicose Iranian leaders such as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

More metaphorically, to some Hasidic rabbis (particularly the Baal Shem Tov), Amalek represents atheism or the rejection of God.

According to the Midrash, the Amalekites were sorcerers who could transform themselves to resemble animals, in order to avoid capture. Thus, in 1 Samuel 15:3, it was considered necessary to destroy the livestock in order to destroy Amalek.

How about you are totally full of crap

Nov 6, 2010
How do you know it's not calling her a terrorist because of her views on Israel? If she was still Muslim but did not advocate wiping Israel of the map, I believe this poster would be far less likely to happen.
Has she really said anything like that? I've seen several of her recent quotes regarding AIPAC and their undue influence over our lawmakers, and I agree 100% with that, and I don't have an anti-semetic bone in my body. It seems to me her being against Israeli policy is being equated to being an anti-semite. BUt then again, I've not followed her career so I don't know if there is anything more substantial in her past.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Does anyone else find it funny that we tend to look back at history and historical situations like we are the ones that have right idea about morality and what's important?

It is consistent though. Few of us figure we are the wrong ones most of the time.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
I’m just enjoying Cali saying the Bible is on par with Dr Seuss. “Thou shall not kill when on a boat thou shall not kill your neighbors goat”

We live in sad times. That someone would display that poster in a capital on a day to promote the party is said. That Omar got elected given her tone of speech in the past is sad. It’s all sad.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ilhan_Omar

These are quotes of hers on topics from Israel, to Covington, to Venezuela and some others. There's only one that seems pretty dark on Israel, one that she says she wants to take back. Interesting read, look at the quotes about her as well. This is all during her political career and not covering her prior to politics. Maybe there's some islamaphobia going on.

Nov 6, 2010
https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ilhan_Omar

These are quotes of hers on topics from Israel, to Covington, to Venezuela and some others. There's only one that seems pretty dark on Israel, one that she says she wants to take back. Interesting read, look at the quotes about her as well. This is all during her political career and not covering her prior to politics. Maybe there's some islamaphobia going on.
Oh, I don't think it's Islamophobia, but AIPACaphobia. I sure hope there is more on her record to justify any anti-semitic accusations. Everyone on the right that is tired of racism or homophobia being thrown around at the drop of a hat should at least see a similarity here, unless of course there are more inflammatory things I haven't seen yet.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Oh, I don't think it's Islamophobia, but AIPACaphobia. I sure hope there is more on her record to justify any anti-semitic accusations. Everyone on the right that is tired of racism or homophobia being thrown around at the drop of a hat should at least see a similarity here, unless of course there are more inflammatory things I haven't seen yet.
Surprise!

Ilhan Omar should be removed from Foreign Affairs Committee: American Islamic Forum for Democracy president

Democrats delay a vote on an anti-Semitism resolution meant to rebuke Rep. Ilhan OmarVideo
The president of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy admonished freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar Wednesday morning and blasted Democrats for not doing enough to combat anti-Semitism.

“I’m frankly, as an American and as a Muslim, insulted at their resolution because it doesn’t name Ilhan Omar,” Dr. Zuhdi Jasser told Fox News' “America’s Newsroom.”

“You listen to [Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y.] and he says ‘oh, we’re going to work with her,’ I mean it’s patronizing, they’re infantilizing her.”

A House vote on a resolution condemning anti-Semitism, following alleged anti-Semitic comments by Omar, D-Minn., was delayed Wednesday.

Engel, who initially spoke out against Omar’s comments, has recently softened his statement.

HOUSE FOREIGN AFFAIRS CHAIRMAN ELIOT ENGEL PUMPS BRAKES ON PUNISHING ILHAN OMAR FOR REMARKS SEEN AS ANTI-SEMITIC

"First of all, it's not up to me. This is done by the leadership. I don't know that that would do anything except exacerbate the situation even more. I'm looking to get rid of anti-Semitism, not looking to punish anybody,” Engel said Tuesday.

A furious Jasser hit back, asking co-host Sandra Smith: “When did congressional office become a deprogramming rehab for radical Islamist ideologies?”

The resolution in question was expected to state the House “rejects anti-Semitism as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contradictory to the values that define the people of the United States.”

PROGRESSIVES DEFEND OMAR, PROMPTING HOUSE DEMS TO DELAY VOTE CONDEMNING ANTI-SEMITISM

The resolution will now include all forms of bigotry.

Jasser questioned the new inclusions because he does not believe Omar’s remarks have anything to do with Islamophobia.

“Congress is actually seeming to turn into sort of the U.N. where everything… when you talk about anti-Semitism you have to talk on Islamophobia,” Jasser said.

REP. LEE ZELDIN: ANTI-SEMITISM BY ILHAN OMAR AND OTHERS IS INTOLERABLE AND CONGRESS MUST CONDEMN IT

“Every American should be offended. There’s no moral equivalency in western history between anti-Semitism and anti-Muslim bias. There isn’t.”

Jasser expressed that Democrats are patronizing Muslims and said Omar should be removed from the House Foreign Affairs Committee for her comments.

“When are we Muslims going to be treated like adults?” Jasser told Smith. “They’re treating her like a child. When they did a resolution against Steve King and he was removed from committees, I don’t remember them talking about other forms of hate because he was treated as an adult, as he should have been, who should have been removed from his committee.

“She should be removed from the Foreign Affairs Committee.”

From Fox News

Jul 20, 2018
I believe the Jewish/liberal/homosexual commentator on Fox News last night described her anti-Semitic statements as being "sophisticated".