Well? Now what?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
You had the #2 & #3 persons in our government, in the same location at the same time, & people overrunning the building. That absolutely cannot happen & is a direct national security threat that you can bet your last dollar was seen around the world. Heads should & will roll over this massive, massive failure & I agree, if prosecution is warranted, go after them.
Yeah, the fact that they were so easily able to access what I feel is probably the 2nd most important building in our country is mind boggling, embarrassing and terrifying all at the same time.

ODMcB

Sheriff
Jun 20, 2012
Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser told federal law enforcement to stand down just one day before a mob of Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, smashing windows, entering the chambers, and forcing lawmakers and congressional staff inside into lockdown.

“To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to, and consultation with, MPD if such plans are underway,” Bowser wrote in a letter to acting U.S. Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller, and Secretary of the Army Ryan D. McCarthy.

According to Bowser, D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department in coordination with the U.S. Park Police, Capitol Police, and Secret Sevice were well-equipped to handle whatever problems could come up during the Trump rallies planned for Wednesday.

“The District of Columbia Government has not requested personnel from any other federal law enforcement agencies,” she continued. “To avoid confusion, we ask that any request for additional assistance be coordinated using the same process and procedures.”

Bowser also explained that the presence of “unidentifiable” federal law enforcement agents in D.C. could “cause confusion” and “become a national security threat” because of the lack of distinction between them and “armed groups.”
I believe the MetroDCPD is under Federal Authority, is that right? The Capitol Building Police is under control of Congress. The missing military force yesterday is the DOJ controlled Board of Prisons "agents/guards" and the National Guard in the background. Why BOP was ever used as it was in June should be something we clear up soon.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Yeah, the fact that they were so easily able to access what I feel is probably the 2nd most important building in our country is mind boggling, embarrassing and terrifying all at the same time.
As I was driving home & listening to a former government official who was involved in all of the security stuff talking about it, my disbelief just grew & grew.

He could obviously only talk in little detail, but the contingency plans in place, locations people are to be whisked away to, etc... are thankfully very complex. To think that a band of idiots, not even terrorists driving around a Toyota pickup, could bring the US Capitol building to its' knees is flat out embarrassing. I'm betting we'll see some lengthy hearings come out of this event.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I believe the MetroDCPD is under Federal Authority, is that right? The Capitol Building Police is under control of Congress. The missing military force yesterday is the DOJ controlled Board of Prisons "agents/guards" and the National Guard in the background. Why BOP was ever used as it was in June should be something we clear up soon.

Completely agree. These are questions that demand answers.

ODMcB

Sheriff
Jun 20, 2012
Citizens United being amended is where we should start, IMO. How many billions of US wealth was spent on campaigning in order to get us to this point? This is what was purchased.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Citizens United being amended is where we should start, IMO. How many billions of US wealth was spent on campaigning in order to get us to this point? This is what was purchased.
The $$$, especially out of state $$$$, that's poured into elections is insane. We had millions upon millions poured into Colorado on state ballot issues. I know it's the system we have, but I'm not a big fan of out of state $$ for state/local issues.

Hickenlooper spent $41 million to win a Colorado Senate seat.

I may be off a tad, but pretty sure I heard them say something like $140 million was spent on the races in Georgia.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Lots of Antifa pretending to be Trump supporters.
More like white supremacists and anarchists taking advantage of chaos. Maybe some antifa in there as well, but who knows.
Also a bunch of people that got caught up in the emotion of the moment that should have stayed back like the majority did. The majority of Trump supporters in d.c. did not participate in this.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I love how all summer it was repeated again and again that the rioters were a minority and in no way should be used as a reflection on BLM or black people in general (and rightly so). But now, all Trump supporters are bad and all are being blamed for this. The same damn double standard we've come to expect from politics which is how we know that nothing has changed. Trump was an ass and a convenient polarizing figure fir the political parties to use, but the division was there before him and it's still here after him. We've learned nothing.

As for Trump specifically, I didn't have much, if any, respect left for him but if I did, he lost it yesterday....the same way I lost respect for anybody who refused to condemn the riots over the summer. I hope anybody who participated yesterday is charged to the full extent of the law.
Trump whipped that crowd into a frenzy and pointed them at the capitol, what he did was a criminal act and I feel he should be removed and prosecute him. I feel I have staved off TDS for the most part for the last 4 years and have found myself in the awkward position of having to defend trump sometimes when there are very few of his actions as president that I agree with. Here is how I feel this morning, if you look at what happened yesterday and trumps role in it, and you still support him, you are wrong. I think lankford did the right thing after realizing just what he had hooked his wagon to, and the senators and reps who did not change course should pay the price at their next election. This got bad because the GOP thought they could harness this energy to further their political agenda, but they misjudged (as did I) the sociopathic narcissism of Trump and the willingness of some of his supporters to follow him over the brink. To sum up my response to you, I dont blame trump supporters for what happened yesterday, but if seeing what happened yesterday you still support him and his claims that the election was stolen, then you are deserving of every bit of criticism coming your way.
I keep hearing people say that he pushed them towards the Capitol and whipped them into a frenzy. My understanding was they were on their way to the Capitol because he was going to speak, not that he had already spoke. I have to admit, I stayed away from a lot of media, social and otherwise, to avoid the in the moment bs that usually comes out when no one has all the facts.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The $$$, especially out of state $$$$, that's poured into elections is insane. We had millions upon millions poured into Colorado on state ballot issues. I know it's the system we have, but I'm not a big fan of out of state $$ for state/local issues.

Hickenlooper spent $41 million to win a Colorado Senate seat.

I may be off a tad, but pretty sure I heard them say something like $140 million was spent on the races in Georgia.
Oklahoma had the out of state money trying to change things multiple times in the last decade.
I don't agree with medicinal marijuana the way it's been handled, but it's law. But it also had outside money helping it's cause this time around. I believe it is a very flawed setup that was put in place to get recreational passed in the near future.

Sep 22, 2011
I keep hearing people say that he pushed them towards the Capitol and whipped them into a frenzy. My understanding was they were on their way to the Capitol because he was going to speak, not that he had already spoke. I have to admit, I stayed away from a lot of media, social and otherwise, to avoid the in the moment bs that usually comes out when no one has all the facts.

https://youtu.be/XiXhqH6VpWo

He called for the protest he incited them, and directed them to the capitol. Right before the doors were broke down he tweeted that pence had not stopped the certification. If yoj cant see it at this point then i dont know what to tell you

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Makes no sense.......hmmmm, this guy dressed in BLM gear with a BLM tattoo at a BLM rally in June in Arizona and yesterday dressed as a Trump supporter in the Capital and the long haired guy next to him with a hammer and sickle tat on the back of his hand suggest at least some of the crowd who breached the Capital were paid anarchists. Besides, that’s how the paid BLM anarchists work, there were always legitimate BLM protestors who were worked into a frenzy becoming violent by these paid instigators when they otherwise would not have been.
View attachment 88185
He just likes to go out in piblic wearing that outfit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Makes no sense.......hmmmm, this guy dressed in BLM gear with a BLM tattoo at a BLM rally in June in Arizona and yesterday dressed as a Trump supporter in the Capital and the long haired guy next to him with a hammer and sickle tat on the back of his hand suggest at least some of the crowd who breached the Capital were paid anarchists. Besides, that’s how the paid BLM anarchists work, there were always legitimate BLM protestors who were worked into a frenzy becoming violent by these paid instigators when they otherwise would not have been.
View attachment 88185
There have been a lot of stupid posts on OP.com, but this might be the dumbest one.

Get some help man.
So you don’t read the game threads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This is my view:

If you gave a pass to or sympathized with those who rioted, looted, damaged property, and murdered during the protests last Summer because you wanted to be seen as down with “the cause”, you should probably sit this one out.

Violent protest is unacceptable, period. Thus those that participated in the damage and violence should he held accountable some way. Same way I felt last summer.

In general though, there are 4 people dead today. 4 of God's image bearers.
This whole country needs more reasons to stand together than stand apart and I think it should start with this fact. Our political parties need to be full of people wanting the best for us and not for themselves. Many of us that supported Trump, did so because we felt that this country was getting better with his policies. So many things he did were underreported by the media. I mean, when you have a large minority group smear and belittle some from that minority just because they liked a policy Trump was talking about and they wanted to talk to him about it, then something is wrong in this country.
I personally think the Democrats and media had Hillary on the throne ready to accept the presidency and the he came along and win. It pissed them off and they have stopped at nothing to try and keep normal everyday people from knowing anything good about him. To the point that they actively made up lies about him, and then tried to smear those that supported him.
All of you here that are now broad brushing those that supported Trump, are just part of the problem. The majority of us didn't want violence and didn't participate in it because we have thought it wrong when others did it.

Sep 12, 2008
Oklahoma had the out of state money trying to change things multiple times in the last decade.
I don't agree with medicinal marijuana the way it's been handled, but it's law. But it also had outside money helping it's cause this time around. I believe it is a very flawed setup that was put in place to get recreational passed in the near future.

I don't see recreational getting passed here anytime in the near future. Unless the Dems in Washington legalize it at a national level.

Anybody that wants weed can get it now.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
This is my view:

If you gave a pass to or sympathized with those who rioted, looted, damaged property, and murdered during the protests last Summer because you wanted to be seen as down with “the cause”, you should probably sit this one out.

Violent protest is unacceptable, period. Thus those that participated in the damage and violence should he held accountable some way. Same way I felt last summer.

This whole country needs more reasons to stand together than stand apart and I think it should start with this fact. Our political parties need to be full of people wanting the best for us and not for themselves. Many of us that supported Trump, did so because we felt that this country was getting better with his policies. So many things he did were underreported by the media. I mean, when you have a large minority group smear and belittle some from that minority just because they liked a policy Trump was talking about and they wanted to talk to him about it, then something is wrong in this country.
I personally think the Democrats and media had Hillary on the throne ready to accept the presidency and the he came along and win. It pissed them off and they have stopped at nothing to try and keep normal everyday people from knowing anything good about him. To the point that they actively made up lies about him, and then tried to smear those that supported him.
All of you here that are now broad brushing those that supported Trump, are just part of the problem. The majority of us didn't want violence and didn't participate in it because we have thought it wrong when others did it.

Its time to go on the record, do you support trump continuing to contest this election? That is the only thing that matters in this, and it is something that trump supporters all need to grapple with and project which side of history they want to be on. No whataboutism, no violence is bad, do you still support the president after what he has done or not. I have said it before in this thread, I don't blame supporters for supporting trump before yesterday, but if you still are on his side now, then you really need to look at yourself and find out if the narcissism of one man. is worth throwing this republic in the garbage over

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
This is my view:

I don't remember anyone ever voting for ANTIFA. I also don't remember an ANITFA coup to stay in power.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This is my view:

Its time to go on the record, do you support trump continuing to contest this election? That is the only thing that matters in this, and it is something that trump supporters all need to grapple with and project which side of history they want to be on. No whataboutism, no violence is bad, do you still support the president after what he has done or not. I have said it before in this thread, I don't blame supporters for supporting trump before yesterday, but if you still are on his side now, then you really need to look at yourself and find out if the narcissism of one man. is worth throwing this republic in the garbage over
I have said it in the past and will say it again. I believe there was fraud and hate the fact that much of what was thought happened never got to be investigated or even heard in court.
I also have said that if it came to January 6th and Biden was certified, I would go back to life on the 7th and put forth effort to see what can be done before the midterms to help alleviate the possibility of fraud in the future.
And yes, I'm gonna say I don't support violence because that is not a whataboutism, that is me being consistent. More than I can say about others on this forum. I was temp banned multiple times for pointing out hypocrisy among people here and in the broader country. People didn't want to hear that some people of certain skin colors might actually like Trump and were treated pretty bad because of it. Either you think every person belongs to some monolithic voting block and are horrible people for believing different than the group, or you believe all people can have their own views and you might disagree with some of them and that's ok.
I could see that Obama did some good things, but I also didn't agree with most of what he did. But I made sure I was informed so I could know the difference. It seems there are so many that couldn't give an inch to the fact that Trump actually had done things they agreed with. Whether because they never bothered to be informed, or they just couldn't be seen as possibly liking something he did. When I could look at rallies and see black, Latino, Asian, white and yes, even gay people of different colors all having FUN and supporting the same person, I personally like to think that was uniting. Or should have been.
All that to say, I still think he had good policies, but at this point he needs to walk away after the 20th and leave politics alone.

Hopefully we can find someone to continue that unity in the future that hasn't pissed off the left wing political machine so much.

Last edited: