Well? Now what?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Lots of Antifa pretending to be Trump supporters.
That would make sense except that Trump was the one who told the crowd to head towards the Capitol. And Trump supporters were themselves bragging about getting inside the building. Unless they are playing the long con...pretending to be Trump supporters for years. Rallying support, calling for others to join in protests for... Trump?

Your statement makes no sense.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Makes no sense.......hmmmm, this guy dressed in BLM gear with a BLM tattoo at a BLM rally in June in Arizona and yesterday dressed as a Trump supporter in the Capital and the long haired guy next to him with a hammer and sickle tat on the back of his hand suggest at least some of the crowd who breached the Capital were paid anarchists. Besides, that’s how the paid BLM anarchists work, there were always legitimate BLM protestors who were worked into a frenzy becoming violent by these paid instigators when they otherwise would not have been.
IMG_0777.jpg

Oct 29, 2016
US
Makes no sense.......hmmmm, this guy dressed in BLM gear with a BLM tattoo at a BLM rally in June in Arizona and yesterday dressed as a Trump supporter in the Capital and the long haired guy next to him with a hammer and sickle tat on the back of his hand suggest at least some of the crowd who breached the Capital were paid anarchists. Besides, that’s how the paid BLM anarchists work, there were always legitimate BLM protestors who were worked into a frenzy becoming violent by these paid instigators when they otherwise would not have been.
View attachment 88185
Ahem. Here's a tip that my grandfather told me: "If you want people to respect you, don't be an idiot."

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
View attachment 88185

The President was egging them on. Throw all the deflectionist conspiracy stuff out there that you want. It doesn't change the fact that the President spent the past several weeks lying to his supporters in an attempt to stage a coup. His lying and narcissism culminated in thousands of his supporters staging a rally (which I'm sure you were cheering for considering your comments 24 hours ago) which led to insurrection.

You're deranged if you think it was patriots on the outside of the capitol and antifa inside it.

ODMcB

Sheriff
Jun 20, 2012
View attachment 88185
You total tool.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox8.c...ss-man-at-the-capitol-protest-identified/amp/
QAnon conspiracy activist.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I love how all summer it was repeated again and again that the rioters were a minority and in no way should be used as a reflection on BLM or black people in general (and rightly so). But now, all Trump supporters are bad and all are being blamed for this. The same damn double standard we've come to expect from politics which is how we know that nothing has changed. Trump was an ass and a convenient polarizing figure fir the political parties to use, but the division was there before him and it's still here after him. We've learned nothing.

As for Trump specifically, I didn't have much, if any, respect left for him but if I did, he lost it yesterday....the same way I lost respect for anybody who refused to condemn the riots over the summer. I hope anybody who participated yesterday is charged to the full extent of the law.

ODMcB

Sheriff
Jun 20, 2012
Do you really think 14,000 armed “police” being on hand in June, while relatively zero were on hand yesterday was an accident? The executive branch is responsible for that police force. Not the DoD or Metro DCPD. What happened yesterday was by design. Trump was just hoping it would go further.

I’m curious how and who scheduled the “police” force on hand for an organized, angry mob the president himself invited and incited. It’s amazing only 4 people died. Trump cabinet members should be in prison for this, him being the first in line.

Sep 22, 2011
I love how all summer it was repeated again and again that the rioters were a minority and in no way should be used as a reflection on BLM or black people in general (and rightly so). But now, all Trump supporters are bad and all are being blamed for this. The same damn double standard we've come to expect from politics which is how we know that nothing has changed. Trump was an ass and a convenient polarizing figure fir the political parties to use, but the division was there before him and it's still here after him. We've learned nothing.

As for Trump specifically, I didn't have much, if any, respect left for him but if I did, he lost it yesterday....the same way I lost respect for anybody who refused to condemn the riots over the summer. I hope anybody who participated yesterday is charged to the full extent of the law.
Trump whipped that crowd into a frenzy and pointed them at the capitol, what he did was a criminal act and I feel he should be removed and prosecute him. I feel I have staved off TDS for the most part for the last 4 years and have found myself in the awkward position of having to defend trump sometimes when there are very few of his actions as president that I agree with. Here is how I feel this morning, if you look at what happened yesterday and trumps role in it, and you still support him, you are wrong. I think lankford did the right thing after realizing just what he had hooked his wagon to, and the senators and reps who did not change course should pay the price at their next election. This got bad because the GOP thought they could harness this energy to further their political agenda, but they misjudged (as did I) the sociopathic narcissism of Trump and the willingness of some of his supporters to follow him over the brink. To sum up my response to you, I dont blame trump supporters for what happened yesterday, but if seeing what happened yesterday you still support him and his claims that the election was stolen, then you are deserving of every bit of criticism coming your way.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
View attachment 88185
There have been a lot of stupid posts on OP.com, but this might be the dumbest one.

Get some help man.

Nov 23, 2007
It’s comical that some folks are trying to weasel away from their support for Donald Trump. He is the standard bearer for the Republican Party. He has been foisted into power and protected from the consequences of his asinine self-centered rule since he was nominated.

Republicans have made excuses for and propped this failed man for four years. Their supposed patriotism is merely a mask for their selfishness and disrespect for the representative republic that is supposed to be the key to our freedoms.

Of course, there are people who enjoy violence and chaos and will use any cause as an excuse to wreak havoc. They like to hurt people and break things as some odd sort of entertainment and they should be put somewhere where they will do less harm.

Trump’s mostly squandered inheritance and support from political zealots should not protect him from that fate.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I'm curious, what policy is it that's valuable enough to tolerate what got us here? Abortion? Taxation? The price of corn? QAnon's bullsh^+ Satanism conspiracies? I mean, what exactly are you excusing that nearly balances this out as just barely being over the line and needing deep thought to figure out?

The DOJ/BOP's armed, violent response to a 3pm curfew in Lafayette Square in comparison to people successfully storming, unchecked, the Capitol Building is a pretty easy and instantaneous link we can all make. I don't think we need to let this stew awhile before we call it what it is. Unchecked power. The use of Law and Order for two, unequal classes of Americans. That protest was hundreds of yards away from a Government building. And they were forcefully and quickly removed from that location so a man could weild a Bible in a perverted act. Today, people successfully stormed the Capitol Building armed and mostly unattested by an extremely anemic police force. There's been a fatality by gun inside the Capitol Building. Say that out loud.

These aren't Patriots in any way. Our Courts ruled against these challenges. State SoS have certified the results. These challenges were legally brought forth, and they were ruled against largely by Trump's own Judicial appointments.

A confederate flag was flown in the Capitol Building without any of these supposed patriots taking it away and kicking ass to replace it with the American Flag. Says a lot in a hurry. But maybe the "context" is the south should rise again? Sorry, but this looks more like the March of the Pigs to me.
You should share your crystal ball with the rest of the world while you're armchair QBing this one.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Do you really think 14,000 armed “police” being on hand in June, while relatively zero were on hand yesterday was an accident? The executive branch is responsible for that police force. Not the DoD or Metro DCPD. What happened yesterday was by design. Trump was just hoping it would go further.

I’m curious how and who scheduled the “police” force on hand for an organized, angry mob the president himself invited and incited. It’s amazing only 4 people died. Trump cabinet members should be in prison for this, him being the first in line.
Why should cabinet members be in prison?

Sep 22, 2011
Why should cabinet members be in prison?
Anyone who was on that stage inciting insurrection should be prosecuted. Also, if there was a decision made to scale back the presence of the capitol police then the people who made that call should be held to account. Quick question, do you support Trumps claims that the election was stolen at this point?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Anyone who was on that stage inciting insurrection should be prosecuted. Also, if there was a decision made to scale back the presence of the capitol police then the people who made that call should be held to account. Quick question, do you support Trumps claims that the election was stolen at this point?
Who is responsible for the DC police? Wouldn't that be the mayor? I don't know for sure. I doubt he's a trump supporter.

Sep 22, 2011
Who is responsible for the DC police? Wouldn't that be the mayor? I don't know for sure. I doubt he's a trump supporter.
No idea, just for context I felt the same way about the riot police being stood down this summer. These violent delights have violent ends

Sep 12, 2008
Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser told federal law enforcement to stand down just one day before a mob of Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, smashing windows, entering the chambers, and forcing lawmakers and congressional staff inside into lockdown.

“To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to, and consultation with, MPD if such plans are underway,” Bowser wrote in a letter to acting U.S. Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller, and Secretary of the Army Ryan D. McCarthy.

According to Bowser, D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department in coordination with the U.S. Park Police, Capitol Police, and Secret Sevice were well-equipped to handle whatever problems could come up during the Trump rallies planned for Wednesday.

“The District of Columbia Government has not requested personnel from any other federal law enforcement agencies,” she continued. “To avoid confusion, we ask that any request for additional assistance be coordinated using the same process and procedures.”

Bowser also explained that the presence of “unidentifiable” federal law enforcement agents in D.C. could “cause confusion” and “become a national security threat” because of the lack of distinction between them and “armed groups.”

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
No, I haven't supported that position from the get go.

Do I think that voter suppression & voter fraud occur? Absolutely, on both sides, but not enough to swing this election.

I asked about the cabinet members because I didn't know where he was coming from with that statement, fwiw.

To your last point, though, that's what I'd moved onto by last night. I felt very strongly that overrunning the police precinct in Seattle & fed building in Portland were absolutely unacceptable, but this, to me, is a whole other level. To think that a mob of idiots could literally overrun the US Capitol building is absolutely, positively ridiculous & should concern everyone.

You had the #2 & #3 persons in our government, in the same location at the same time, & people overrunning the building. That absolutely cannot happen & is a direct national security threat that you can bet your last dollar was seen around the world. Heads should & will roll over this massive, massive failure & I agree, if prosecution is warranted, go after them.