Well? Now what?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
We were taught in JB school not to become prisoners of the moment, but to look at the totality of events with some context. This is one of the main reasons I loathe the idiots who breathlessly follow headlines & Twitter-they're often completely void of context.

Having said that, it's hard to see rosier times ahead today. We haven't collectively suffered enough that we feel any real need for unity again, or whatever it was we called unity. As long as both sides continue to profit from strife & division, that's what we'll get.:(

Lastly, I think Trump got waaaaay out over his skis here & lost alot of any future support he might have had. All the people that held their nose & voted for him on policy, not personality, are not likely to follow him again.

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
We were taught in JB school not to become prisoners of the moment, but to look at the totality of events with some context. This is one of the main reasons I loathe the idiots who breathlessly follow headlines & Twitter-they're often completely void of context.

Having said that, it's hard to see rosier times ahead today. We haven't collectively suffered enough that we feel any real need for unity again, or whatever it was we called unity. As long as both sides continue to profit from strife & division, that's what we'll get.:(

Lastly, I think Trump got waaaaay out over his skis here & lost alot of any future support he might have had. All the people that held their nose & voted for him on policy, not personality, are not likely to follow him again.
Well said.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
There should not be an inch of jail space in DC that is not occupied by a new resident, said new resident should have gotten some commemorative baton bruises. I felt that way about rioters this summer, it can't be tolerated.

ODMcB

Sheriff
Jun 20, 2012

Lastly, I think Trump got waaaaay out over his skis here & lost a lot of any future support he might have had. All the people that held their nose & voted for him on policy, not personality, are not likely to follow him again.
I'm curious, what policy is it that's valuable enough to tolerate what got us here? Abortion? Taxation? The price of corn? QAnon's bullsh^+ Satanism conspiracies? I mean, what exactly are you excusing that nearly balances this out as just barely being over the line and needing deep thought to figure out?

The DOJ/BOP's armed, violent response to a 3pm curfew in Lafayette Square in comparison to people successfully storming, unchecked, the Capitol Building is a pretty easy and instantaneous link we can all make. I don't think we need to let this stew awhile before we call it what it is. Unchecked power. The use of Law and Order for two, unequal classes of Americans. That protest was hundreds of yards away from a Government building. And they were forcefully and quickly removed from that location so a man could weild a Bible in a perverted act. Today, people successfully stormed the Capitol Building armed and mostly unattested by an extremely anemic police force. There's been a fatality by gun inside the Capitol Building. Say that out loud.

These aren't Patriots in any way. Our Courts ruled against these challenges. State SoS have certified the results. These challenges were legally brought forth, and they were ruled against largely by Trump's own Judicial appointments.

A confederate flag was flown in the Capitol Building without any of these supposed patriots taking it away and kicking ass to replace it with the American Flag. Says a lot in a hurry. But maybe the "context" is the south should rise again? Sorry, but this looks more like the March of the Pigs to me.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
https://twitter.com/johnpavlovitz/status/1347037534350667779?s=19
You can't fix complete disillusion.

You can arrest it though. Hopefully those who participated in all of this are behind bars right now. If it was a bunch of trunpkins who took things too far fine by me. If we just gutted an antifa cornspiracy fine by me as well.