Well basketball season is almost here

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2008
I think it will be more than decent and with a continuing trajectory like a rocketship. Old style Cowboy Basketball like when Eddie had us going to Final Fours every 4-6 years. Get ready.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Basketball won't be much to look forward to. I think we are picked last in conference. I know that doesn't mean it will happen, but it means don't get your hopes up.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Basketball won't be much to look forward to. I think we are picked last in conference. I know that doesn't mean it will happen, but it means don't get your hopes up.
Agreed. Lots of inexperienced guys this season, but the longterm future is certainly looking bright.

Aug 26, 2004
They get the hoops up I get my hopes up. Difference here is I myself like Coach Boynton and the way he coaches. Just his youth, attitude and smiling wants me to watch the game. They won't win the League but they will make it interesting anyway.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
I think it will be more than decent and with a continuing trajectory like a rocketship. Old style Cowboy Basketball like when Eddie had us going to Final Fours every 4-6 years. Get ready.
What are you smoking? Two Final Fours in 16 seasons isn't every 4-6 yrs. It was the best OSU BB since the war, but stay off the hyperbole.

Jun 29, 2007
San Diego,CA
Definetely gonna take some lumps this season...our supposed MVP is suspended, not only that but so much turnover on roster. I am excited for the young guys we do have & the 2019-2020 incoming class is looking awesome! Mike B no doubt has us trending in the right direction & is a fantastic coach/leader. I just think this season wont be as good as last years.

Jul 8, 2006
norman
I wonder if he makes Weathers run a million steps if he'll let him back on. Pay restitution and do community service with a condition of even 1 more issue or he's gone for good

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
1. We have an FBI investigation with possible NCAA penalties hanging over our head.
2. We lost 4 of our top 5 scorers off of an NIT team that was sub .500 in league play last season.
3. We may have the least experienced roster in the league next season.
4. One of our best players enters the season suspended indefinitely.

I really like Coach Boynton and I think the future is bright. But next season could be a real struggle. I think there's a possibility that we could end up sub .500 overall next year. If we make the NCAA tournament, Coach Boynton should win the Wooden award for national coach of the year.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Boynton went out and, miraculously, pulled in a five-player recruiting class. Sure, they were all three-stars, but some were on the cusp of being four.

We need to temper our expectations for this next season. Let the young guys develop. I hope, so much, that if these five guys can stick together and develop together, Coach Boynton may have an *extremely* strong group by their junior year. He basically recruited an entire starting lineup with long, athletic guys. We are going to have a *big* team. Two guys who are currently 6-10, will probably gain an inch or two more. A PG who is 6-4 and physical. I'm pretty excited. And that's not counting 2019's class, which is going to be stellar if we can pull in Marcus Watson. Chances are he may play for GA Tech, because he's from there, no big shocker there. But he is related to Coach Boynton, and that could be huge if he can get him. We'll have a class that rivals KU.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
I'm mainly concerned about the point position for the upcoming year. We need a steady ball handler/distributer, we lost that with Kendall Smith and there wasn't another one on last year's team. I think your 3-4 year outlook is correct. If this teams stays together and works hard they could achieve legendary cowboy status. HCMB is definitely steering this ship in the right direction. I can't wait.

POPOKE

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
I'm mainly concerned about the point position for the upcoming year. We need a steady ball handler/distributer, we lost that with Kendall Smith and there wasn't another one on last year's team. I think your 3-4 year outlook is correct. If this teams stays together and works hard they could achieve legendary cowboy status. HCMB is definitely steering this ship in the right direction. I can't wait.
I think between Likekele and Mike Cunningham we'll be fine at the point. And if Weathers gets back on the team we'll be more than fine at pg.