Week 6 Big 12 rankings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Was talking specifically to the OP, who rubbed Texas Tech's loss last week in pretty good over here saying that "Texas Tech was done, won't win another game this season".
Actually, I said TT were fools to fire KK when his season collapsed bc of injuries last year.

This year TT quit, packed it in, showed no heart in losses to arz and OU. Look forward to your visit to morgantown for your 8th straight loss to WVU--or whatever it is. Cant recall last loss to TT, but i know one thing, it wont be this year, and this year is as bad as wvu has been in many years.
Oh, so now you're gonna talk smack.... in a rankings thread even. Go away.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2006
Call me crazy, but I still think Tech and WVU are ultimately 8/9 in no particular order. Most teams would have won a game by half time that they've got a 3-0 TO margin at halftime and ultimately a 5-0 TO margin. That's a recipe for getting beat by 4 touchdowns. They manhandled a group of reserve offensive linemen after having tape on them. They've clearly got some talent in skill positions if you let them get confident. I also thought at the start of the game that they would fold like a cheap tent if OSU had any success early- clearly that never happened so we'll never know.

Good win for them, but I'm not ready to change my tune on them after a game of extremes.

Nov 3, 2008
Call me crazy, but I still think Tech and WVU are ultimately 8/9 in no particular order. Most teams would have won a game by half time that they've got a 3-0 TO margin at halftime and ultimately a 5-0 TO margin. That's a recipe for getting beat by 4 touchdowns. They manhandled a group of reserve offensive linemen after having tape on them. They've clearly got some talent in skill positions if you let them get confident. I also thought at the start of the game that they would fold like a cheap tent if OSU had any success early- clearly that never happened so we'll never know.

Good win for them, but I'm not ready to change my tune on them after a game of extremes.
Texas Tech was missing;

- Starting QB
- 2nd string QB
- Starting All-Conference RG
- Starting All-Conference SS
- Starting CB left in the 2Q
- Starting NB left in the 3Q
- Starting SAM LB left in the 4Q

It's basically been a triage unit for a new coach with brand new schemes on both sides of the ball. Of course they're going to struggle and be up and down most of the season. I think Tech could probably beat anyone left on their schedule and lose to anyone left on their schedule but ultimately spilt the rest of their schedule as long as there are no additional injuries.

Kansas looks terrible, West Virginia looks terrible, Kansas State looks terrible, TCU doesn't look good, ISU looks to have taken a step back, not sold on Baylor but we'll find out Saturday, obviously Texas is good. I can see a 6-6 finish for Texas Tech, while not great, it's not bad considering the circumstances.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Actually, I said TT were fools to fire KK when his season collapsed bc of injuries last year.

This year TT quit, packed it in, showed no heart in losses to arz and OU. Look forward to your visit to morgantown for your 8th straight loss to WVU--or whatever it is. Cant recall last loss to TT, but i know one thing, it wont be this year, and this year is as bad as wvu has been in many years.
Idiocy on display.

It wasn't some knee-jerk overreaction by Tech, good lord. The dude was the favorite son come home to lead them to the promised land & he went 35-40. Big 12 record of 19-35, & 3-6 for the LAST THREE YEARS in the Big 12.

May 15, 2019
The Woodlands
Look forward to your visit to morgantown for your 8th straight loss to WVU--or whatever it is. Cant recall last loss to TT, but i know one thing, it wont be this year, and this year is as bad as wvu has been in many years.
Thats about the only team wvu can say that about, and maybe KU. WV is a bunch of bottom feeders. LOL!

Sep 9, 2013
WVU defense is legit, even if the true freshmen on it.

you have 4 players on the dline who will be drafted. Texas oline manhandled LSU and every other team they played(per tom herman) and they were stuffed by WVU. And darius stills abused texas all big 12 center. He was doubled entire game too. He spent the entire game in texas backfield.

Darius and Dante Stills dad Gary Stills played 9 years in the NFL, and both his sons will too, as will Jordan jefferson(17 years old) and cowan. WVU is giving up points, that happens when you qb throws 4 picks, 2 back to back deep in your own territory.

Next year will be much better for WVU as we will have a good qb, but the defense may steal a game or 2 this year.

Bill Connelly@ESPN_BillC

TEXAS 42, WVU 31

* First time in '19 that SP+ is like "Hmm, not sure Texas should've won this"
* WVU prevented big plays, and Ehlinger couldn't make plays on PDs
* Didn't matter because of red zone and turnovers (luck)
* WVU won Q3 (3-0) somehow?

Last edited:

w0lfe

Wrangler
Aug 23, 2010
It will be a really interesting couple of weeks coming up. I'll be interested to see how ou does with their o-line being riddled with injuries against Texas's d line. I saw something earlier that said ou hasn't had a single game with the same 5 o-linemen. That could prove huge in the game between the two.... Of course seeing what TT does against Baylor on the road. I still really don't know how I feel about Baylor, but if they win the next 2 weeks (which I think OSU rolls them at home) they may start to solidify a top 3 spot in the conference. ISU favored by 10 on the road is a head scratcher.. This team can go from a complete offensive embarrassment to scoring 40 points the following week. I wouldn't touch any of these 3 games in terms of betting on the lines.

Sep 9, 2013
It will be a really interesting couple of weeks coming up. I'll be interested to see how ou does with their o-line being riddled with injuries against Texas's d line. I saw something earlier that said ou hasn't had a single game with the same 5 o-linemen. That could prove huge in the game between the two.... Of course seeing what TT does against Baylor on the road. I still really don't know how I feel about Baylor, but if they win the next 2 weeks (which I think OSU rolls them at home) they may start to solidify a top 3 spot in the conference. ISU favored by 10 on the road is a head scratcher.. This team can go from a complete offensive embarrassment to scoring 40 points the following week. I wouldn't touch any of these 3 games in terms of betting on the lines.
I agree. I want to see how WVU's dline does against ISU's veteran oline. Can WVU's defense stop Purdy from running? Purdy is the wild card, I think. teams with speed at lb that can contain him shut ISu down. Teams that purdy can run on breaks the defenses back and ISU scores at will.

I'm not sold on either TT or baylor, so what happens between them won't change my opinion of either.

I think OU rolls Texas, but we'll see. WVU's defense shut down Texas for all practical purposes, and if OU does that, I think the game will get ugly. OU could win that games by 45-17 or some such.

ISU is favored by 10 on the road bc WVU has no offense. WVU's defense cant pitch a shutout, especially if QB throws picks. ISU could win by scoring 17 points.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Look forward to your visit to morgantown for your 8th straight loss to WVU--or whatever it is. Cant recall last loss to TT, but i know one thing, it wont be this year, and this year is as bad as wvu has been in many years.
Thats about the only team wvu can say that about, and maybe KU. WV is a bunch of bottom feeders. LOL!
But you know, we should have been handing and Texas and tech the latest in their losses to us. So nolaeer shouldn't get too confident.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2013
Scary thing is, if WVU and Texas had traded qbs, WVU would have won going away. Scarier thing is, Darius is WVU's 3rd best dline.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jason1040/status/1181655988564307969