Week 6 Big 12 rankings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
Folks, don't get mad. This changes a lot week to week, and it will all be played out on the field. This ranking is based on what I see(and I watch a lot of big 12 football). In addition to the "eye" test, results matter.

1. Oklahoma (1)
OU is unbeaten, and while they had 1st quarter issues with kansas, no doubt they were prepping for Texas.

2. Texas (2)
Texas has a close loss to LSU and has beaten Oklahoma State and WVU in big 12 play. Winning in Morgantown isn't easy, but
Texas gunslinger Sam! is a top 10 worthy qb and was the difference. It's impossible to blitz Texas when they go 4 wideouts bc of the running threat Sam E. poses.

3. Baylor (3)
Still unbeaten, and now with wins over Iowa State(who looks better) and Kstate(whio looks to be garbage).

4. Iowa State (8)
Here is what a week can bring. Jumps 4 spots in the rankings with a sound whupping of tcu.

5. Texas Tech (9)
yeah TT looked bad against OU and Arizona, But they beat a good Oklahoma State team.

6. West Virginia (5)
WVU managed to play texas within 4 points into the 4th quarter despite 4 picks and 4 missed fgs. While 42 points is a lot to give up, most of those were not on the defense which shut down Texas run game and sacked ands pressured Ellinger. TT's win over Oklahoma State is better than WVU's win over NC State.

7. TCU (6)
Goes from beating the hell out of kansas to getting their asses whooped in ames. Win over purdue on the road doesnt look like much now. best win is over Kansas at home.

8. Oklahoma State (4)
Yeah, the Cowboys were ranked in the top 25, played Texas tough, and whooped up on kstate. But, the Cowboys defense is suspect, and they have not looked good in the trenches all year. Things came to a head against a fired up Tech team, which for the 2nd year in a row, shocked the Cowboys.

Here's the thing, this is a top 25 worthy team. Sanders will have better days and thus, so will the Cowboys. In the end this team will finish 4-5, but based on what they've done to date, they're sitting in 8th.

9. Kansas State (7)
yeah. too slow. no athletes.

10. Kansas (10)
Ya know, kansas blasted boston college on the road, and played WVU and OU(for a while) tough at home. Kansas is going to catch someone, likely a team with a poor run defense.

Last edited:

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Folks, don't get mad. This changes a lot week to week, and it will all be played out on the field. This ranking is based on what I see(and I watch a lot of big 12 football). In addition to the "eye" test, results matter.

1. Oklahoma (1)
OU is unbeaten, and while they had 1st quarter issues with kansas, no doubt they were prepping for Texas.

2. Texas (2)
Texas has a close loss to LSU and has beaten Oklahoma State and WVU in big 12 play. Winning in Morgantown isn't easy, but
Texas gunslinger Sam! is a top 10 worthy qb and was the difference. It's impossible to blitz Texas when they go 4 wideouts bc of the running threat Sam E. poses.

3. Baylor (3)
Still unbeaten, and now with wins over Iowa State(who looks better) and Kstate(whio looks to be garbage).

4. Iowa State (8)
Here is what a week can bring. Jumps 4 spots in the rankings with a sound whupping of tcu.

5. Texas Tech (9)
yeah TT looked bad against OU and Arizona, But they beat a good Oklahoma State team.

6. West Virginia (5)
WVU managed to play texas within 4 points into the 4th quarter despite 4 picks and 4 missed fgs. While 42 points is a lot to give up, most of those were not on the defense which shut down Texas run game and sacked ands pressured Ellinger. TT's win over Oklahoma State is better than WVU's win over NC State.

7. TCU (6)
Goes from beating the hell out of kansas to getting their asses whooped in ames. Win over purdue on the road doesnt look like much now. best win is over Kansas at home.

8. Oklahoma State (4)
Yeah, the Cowboys were ranked in the top 25, played Texas tough, and whooped up on kstate. But, the Cowboys defense is suspect, and they have not looked good in the trenches all year. Things came to a head against a fired up Tech team, which for the 2nd year in a row, shocked the Cowboys.

Here's the thing, this is a top 25 worthy team. Sanders will have better days and thus, so will the Cowboys. In the end this team will finish 4-5, but based on what they've done to date, they're sitting in 8th.

9. Kansas State (7)

10. Kansas (10)
Ya know, kansas blasted boston college on the road, and played WVU and OU(for a while) tough at home. Kansas is going to catch someone, likely a team with a poor run defense.
Hey, Einstein, you’re off a week. This is Week 6. You did Week 5 last week.

Sep 9, 2013
WVU will probably go 0 for october, so yeah they will drop every week in the rankings. I doubt Neil brown is going to burn jarrett Doege's redshirt for a 6-6 or 7-5 at best year. But if he did, WVU would be a tough out with the defense and a good qb with 2 years starting experience under his belt.

Nov 3, 2008
Everybody knows we sucked balls in this game. No need to stop by and rub it in. Your coaches did a hell of a job defensively.
Was talking specifically to the OP, who rubbed Texas Tech's loss last week in pretty good over here saying that "Texas Tech was done, won't win another game this season".

Sep 9, 2013
well, i may be forgiven i think. I didnt expect them to outscore OSU.

they may beat kansas, but TT is who i said they were. Beating OSU is a head scratcher, just like TT beating you badly in stillwater last year. Some things are beyond logic.

Nov 3, 2008
well, i may be forgiven i think. I didnt expect them to outscore OSU.

they may beat kansas, but TT is who i said they were. Beating OSU is a head scratcher, just like TT beating you badly in stillwater last year. Some things are beyond logic.
No, you're not forgiven. You slammed Texas Tech while they're riddled with injuries and never once mentioned the fact that they're on their 4th string QB for the 2nd straight year. Injuries are the sole reason they've lost games over the last few years and if you're not willing to talk about the unprecedented level of injuries, just don't talk about Texas Tech at all.

Not a single thing you've ever said has anything to do with logic. Any logical conversation regarding Texas Tech should begin and end with their injury situation and you're not willing to cut them an ounce of slack for injuries, just simple stating "it's beyond logic". No, it's perfectly logical that a 4th string QB is going to lose a game in Norman. That's the most logical thing anyone could ever say.

You have no business ever talking about the sport. You're beyond clueless about football. Your team ran off one of their winningest coaches ever and now they're going to be absolutely terrible. They will absolutely get beat by Texas Tech's 4th string because West Virginia sucks.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
We were already mad 24 hours before you posted.

I don't get as worked up by you as some do, but I'll say the only conference win being a 5 point win over Kansas doesn't count for much. WVU may end up being where you currently have them, but they've really done nothing to prove it so far.

Oct 30, 2007

1. Oklahoma (1)

2. Texas (2)

3. Baylor (3)

4. Iowa State (8)

5. Texas Tech (9)

6. West Virginia (5)

7. TCU (6)

8. Oklahoma State (4)

9. Kansas State (7)

10. Kansas (10)
This spot on for OSU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2013
Was talking specifically to the OP, who rubbed Texas Tech's loss last week in pretty good over here saying that "Texas Tech was done, won't win another game this season".
Actually, I said TT were fools to fire KK when his season collapsed bc of injuries last year.

This year TT quit, packed it in, showed no heart in losses to arz and OU. Look forward to your visit to morgantown for your 8th straight loss to WVU--or whatever it is. Cant recall last loss to TT, but i know one thing, it wont be this year, and this year is as bad as wvu has been in many years.