Week 6 Big 12 Ranking

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 24, 2017
Stillwater, OK
1. UT - beat OU
2. OU - played well today
3. WVU - won today, but could have looked better against KU
4. Tech - bye
5. TCU - bye
6. ISU - beat the good guys
7. BU - played well enough to win today
8. OSU - lost, didn't play well
9. KSU - lost today
10. KU - lost today, again

Oct 30, 2007
1 tu
2 ou
3 wvu they think they are awesome but will soon learn the truth
4 Tcu
5 TTech
6 isu actual real coaching staff
7 Baylor - tapping into that recruiting beat down of Gundy
8 KSU gets Pokes at home
9 OSU nice hiatus, back to the cellar
10 KU gundy’s new rival

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2013
I have to agree, based on today's results, Texas is at top.
I think Grier got a concussion from late targeting penalty helmet to helmet that wasnt called. he appeared dazed.

WVU rested both starting guards today(dinged), middle lb(violation team rules), and a safety(dinged).
But all teams have injuries. Had another safety sitting 1st half from targeting.

We will see next week @ Ames @ night what WVU has. Jury is still out.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
1. UT - beat OU
2. OU - played well today
3. WVU - won today, but could have looked better against KU
4. Tech - bye
5. TCU - bye
9. KSU - lost today
FIFY

2. UT - beat OU
4. OU - played well today
1. WVU - won today, but could have looked better against KU
3. Tech - bye
5. TCU - bye
9. KSU - lost today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Top 2 undefeated in conference play.

1. UT
2. WVU
3. OU
4. TT
5. TCU
6. ISU
7. OSU
8. Rapelor
9. KSU
10. KU

It's looking like the CGG will be UT and WVU. The purple wizard has lost his magic and may even lose to KU this year.

Oct 7, 2009
WVU and OU will be the victors; Texas will collapse because they refuse to play 4-quarters. The win over OU was their first-of-season 3-Quarter game... normally, they only play one-half. They're ripe for blow-ups and losses. I think their loss to Maryland still shows the true state of their program.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
WVU and OU will be the victors; Texas will collapse because they refuse to play 4-quarters. The win over OU was their first-of-season 3-Quarter game... normally, they only play one-half. They're ripe for blow-ups and losses. I think their loss to Maryland still shows the true state of their program.
Yeah. I’d still put $$ on ou winning the conf

Sep 9, 2013
Purdy is a very good qb, but Tony Gibson was voted best dc in the big 12 by the coaches for a reason.
If Gibby has tape on a qb, he will prepare very well for him.

WVU has the Cowboys to thank for good tape on bowman and purdy. It sucked bowman was knocked out, bc gibby said they had zero tape on the kid who came in and had not/could not have prepared for him.

The announcers of a few WVU games said WVU's defense is the fastest in the Big 12, and one of the fastest nationally. Bowman was a sitting duck for wvu blitz packages, and while purdy is mobile, i dont think hes as mobile as tech's backup qb who was the texas 100 meter champion.

My guess(and it's only a guess), purdy will have to use his arm to score on wvu. If he runs read option a bit and scrambles, he may not last the game.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
WVU has the Cowboys to thank for good tape on bowman and purdy. It sucked bowman was knocked out, bc gibby said they had zero tape on the kid who came in and had not/could not have prepared for him.
OSU has terrible luck regarding that. Seems like every season we face more than one backup QB with no film. But, still no excuse for not making adjustments.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
Facing backup QBs is unlucky?
With zero film, yes. Seems like whenever a team is desperate and switches QBs, we end up being the guinea pigs. Like Noaleer said, WVU gets to see us play the guinea pig twice on film before they have to face the same thing.
But, we aren't the only team that this ever happens to. So like I said, not a valid excuse as Robert Allen was saying. It's an annoying turn of events when it happens but the coaches have gotta make the adjustments.

Oct 7, 2009
I suspect that if there is a "Zero Film To Study" infection going around, it's purely an excuse to give up and quit, or else players elect to play lazy and stupid. And coaches decide to let them. I wonder what promoting 3rd stringers to starters for the next game the Cowboys face a first-ever QB?

I'm sure things can always get worse. I have that kind of faith in this coaching staff.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Week 6: Big 12 football perpetually proving the conference is on the decline - and rapidly so.

1: UT
2: OU
3: WVU
4:. TT
5: TCU
6: ISU
7: Baylor
8: OSU
9: KSU
10: KU

Side note: Based on the current recruiting class, I must conclude OSU's era of success has came and went. When you have QB's on campus that should never be on a Div 1 depth chart (Sanders is not even close to being ready to play Div 1 football; others are busts) combined with a current QB commit who's only other offer was from Brown College, holy moly.. this program is headed toward the dumpster. All those defensive recruits ranking 100+, well, it ain't good.

Unless a miracle occurs, I have a bad feeling we're gonna be accustomed to being in the 7-10 range of the conference, for years to come.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
If you are going strictly by results so far, you would have to say:

1) Texas - Wins vs OU/TCU
2) West Virginia - Win vs Texas Tech
3) Oklahoma - Win vs Iowa State
4) Texas Tech - Win vs OSU
5) TCU - Win vs Iowa State
6) Iowa State - Win vs OSU
7) Oklahoma St - Win vs Kansas by 20 pts
8) Baylor - Win vs Kansas by 19 pts
9) Kansas State - Winless in conference
10) Kansas - Winless in conference

Sep 9, 2013
While WVU's offense hasnt quite lived up to the billing, we do have the best defense in the conference-and that was unexpected.

WVU has grad transfers from USC, Clemson, Ohio State, and Michigan starting on defense who were not on roster last year. All 4 have been really good. Washington was big 12 player of week last week on defense. Bigelow, the 5 star transfer from USC has been an absolute disruptor at nose.