Week 2 Big 12 games

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Remember all of the people on this board that were worried about Les Miles at Kansas? Lol.
Oh I think Les will eventually bring Kansas back to a respectable level but it wont be for another 3 years or so. It takes about that much time to build decent depth and continuity. Until then they are gonna suck as usual.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oct 29, 2016
US
Oh I think Les will eventually bring Kansas back to a respectable level but it wont be for another 3 years or so. It takes about that much time to build decent depth and continuity. Until then they are gonna suck as usual.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Completely agree. It was the first game he's coached at KU.. it is absolutely absurd to believe a new coach should completely turn around a team in first season. Sure, some coaches have done just that, but this is KU we're talking about. It's gonna take him some time. I would bet my house KU will not be the bottom feeder of the conference in a couple of years. If he can get 5-6, maybe 7, wins a season, IMO, that's a success.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Completely agree. It was the first game he's coached at KU.. it is absolutely absurd to believe a new coach should completely turn around a team in first season. Sure, some coaches have done just that, but this is KU we're talking about. It's gonna take him some time. I would bet my house KU will not be the bottom feeder of the conference in a couple of years. If he can get 5-6, maybe 7, wins a season, IMO, that's a success.
I'll put up a pizza against your house. ;) Never beat your house...it's why Texas used to have homestead laws.:D

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
WVU has no talent on the oline, or depth. it's why dana fled to houston.
Neal brown will rebuild WVU but it will take time.

We have a very good mobile qb coming in for next year. We have linemen. None will impress as freshmen.
WVU looks to suck until 2021.

WVU starting 2 true freshmen in 2ndary. wvu getting great pressure but qb is too elusive(and big).
Always baseless accolades and "next year".
Nolaeer be like:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
21 Syracuse, 23 Stanford and 25 Nebraska all lost.

So Iowa State eases into the bottom of the top 25 for a "top 25 matchup" against Iowa. If we get an impressive win against Tulsa, we'll slip into the bottom of the top 25 for a "top 25 matchup" against Texas.

Nov 6, 2010
Great showing against the SEC today, WVU and Texas. Good job.
That Holgy move to Houston is making a lot more sense now. He knew what they had this year, and didn't want to get tagged with that record. See it all the time with coaches when they know the ship is about to sink.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
During the week some guy on ESPN radio said LSU would win because "Texas just isn't used to seeing a defense like this in the BIg 12". Well guess what, Texas put up 500 yards on that SEC defense. SEC defenses don't scare Big 12 offense, but our defenses are unfortunately much much worse.

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
Oh man Kansas, you guys are doing non-con wrong. No excuse to drop one to a Sun Belt team that was 5-7 last year. Maybe KU should schedule down next year and add Tennessee.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
During the week some guy on ESPN radio said LSU would win because "Texas just isn't used to seeing a defense like this in the BIg 12". Well guess what, Texas put up 500 yards on that SEC defense. SEC defenses don't scare Big 12 offense, but our defenses are unfortunately much much worse.
I think we’re all past that. Big 12 teams have been blowing up the mighty sec defenses for years now. I just think Texas was overhyped and LSU is just that good.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It was the first game he's coached at KU.. it is absolutely absurd to believe a new coach should completely turn around a team in first season..
Who's talking about a complete turn around? How about holding serve, at home, against a Sun Belt team that had a losing record last year? How about scoring, at least 1 point in the last 3 quarters of a game against a team that gave up 30 to Eastern Michigan last week?

What exactly is a Chanticleer anyway?

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Who's talking about a complete turn around? How about holding serve, at home, against a Sun Belt team that had a losing record last year? How about scoring, at least 1 point in the last 3 quarters of a game against a team that gave up 30 to Eastern Michigan last week?

What exactly is a Chanticleer anyway?
It's a fierce cock. Don't ask me how I know this...

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I'll take that bet. Les won't get them to 6 wins before he's mercilessly fired in 5 years.