Week 2 Big 12 games

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I was hoping West Viginia might make a showing for the conference.

Apparently not so much.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Bowling Green looks to be 1 overweight D lineman away from being...

Well, still getting stomped.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
@noleer looks like your team still sucks. Actually it's worse than it was under Holgy. No wonder he left for a G5 leftover program.

This happened to Tech a few years ago too. They still suck.

Apr 13, 2007
I am surprised at how bad WV is doing. I thought with Koening they would at least keep the score down.

Sep 9, 2013
WVU has no talent on the oline, or depth. it's why dana fled to houston.
Neal brown will rebuild WVU but it will take time.

We have a very good mobile qb coming in for next year. We have linemen. None will impress as freshmen.
WVU looks to suck until 2021.

WVU starting 2 true freshmen in 2ndary. wvu getting great pressure but qb is too elusive(and big).

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
WVU has no talent on the oline, or depth. it's why dana fled to houston.
Neal brown will rebuild WVU but it will take time.

We have a very good mobile qb coming in for next year. We have linemen. None will impress as freshmen.
WVU looks to suck until 2021.

WVU starting 2 true freshmen in 2ndary. wvu getting great pressure but qb is too elusive(and big).
In these parts we call that empty cupboard of linemen "Wicklined"

Sep 9, 2013
DH should never have replaced Crook with wickline. Crook was a great oline coach at stanford with harbaugh, was great at WVU, and now has cinn oline great.

DH biggest fail was hiring his drinking buddies(deforest as his 1st defensive coor and wickline).

When Neil brown got to WVU he said he had more talent at troy.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Update:

K State looks really good. WVU looks really bad.

Oct 30, 2007
Mizzou now putting in the scrubs late in the third.

Announcers touting the vaunted SEC defense for mizzou............that gave up 37 to Wyoming last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
How could West Virginia's O-Line and D-Line become so bad in just one year? Especially the O-Line, they lose yards every play. They have zero yard rushing in the 4th quarter which is an improvement over the -11 they had in the second quarter. Mizzou defenders are 4 yards into the backfield within 1 second of the snap. On the D-Line, Mizzou is opening craterous holes for their running backs to run in. This is the same Mizzou team that was embarrassed by Wyoming last week! If we don't dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball against WV then we're in for a long season. I am quite certain our O-Line will win that battle, it's the D-Line that needs to "Show Me" (Mizzou pun intended). Hopefully we'll see massive improvement on the D-Line between now and that game.

Sep 9, 2013
WVU's dline is good. you cant play every down. the offense has run for 1 yard through 3 quarters. Dline are not endurance type players. they need rest and the offense is giving them none.

WVU put 5 offensive players in the nFL from last year. No oline depth. WVU has 2 all big 12 offensive linemen returning, but 3 terrible ones. Oline is only as strong as its weakest link.

WVU hung 70 on baylor last year and ran it up on TCU. Gave the horns down after tds in Austin. Payback will be a bitch.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
WVU's dline is good. you cant play every down. the offense has run for 1 yard through 3 quarters. Dline are not endurance type players. they need rest and the offense is giving them none.

WVU put 5 offensive players in the nFL from last year. No oline depth. WVU has 2 all big 12 offensive linemen returning, but 3 terrible ones. Oline is only as strong as its weakest link.

WVU hung 70 on baylor last year and ran it up on TCU. Gave the horns down after tds in Austin. Payback will be a bitch.
You're down by a 30 pack, my dude.