Week 10 big 12 power rankings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
WVU will be rolling out its MAC qb for the last 4 games(to preserve his redshirt).

he threw for 258 yards and 3 tds @ oregon last year and CFN preseason had him listed as Bowling greens best player.

Will he make a difference? who knows, but at least WVU will have a gunslinger its last 4 games.
he's the younger brother of: Seth Doege:

One week after the loss to Kansas State, Doege led the Red Raiders to a 41–38 upset victory over no. 3 Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma. Doege completed 33 of 52 passes for 441 yards and four touchdowns against Oklahoma.[12] For his performance, he earned recognition as the Walter Camp Football Foundation National Offensive Player of the Week and the Rivals.com National Player of the Week.[13][14] Additionally, he was again named the AT&T ESPN All-America Player of the Week, his second time to be so honored during the 2011 season.[15] Offensive coordinator Neal Brown was also named National Coordinator of the Week by Rivals.
Doege finished the 2011 season with 398 of 581 completions for 4,004 yards and 28 touchdowns.[16] He ranked eighth among all NCAA FBS quarterbacks in passing yardage.[17]
2012 season
Dude, you crack me up. Rolling out the new QB’s brother’s stats from 2012? You’re taking your game to whole new level. Uncle Rico ain’t got nothing on you.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Dude, you crack me up. Rolling out the new QB’s brother’s stats from 2012? You’re taking your game to whole new level. Uncle Rico ain’t got nothing on you.
In fairness to him, though, he did remind me of an absolute favorite OU memory from the last decade or so!

Lightning delay, porous OU D, Laundry Jones missing all over the place, & Michael Hunnicutt with the self-inflicted dagger to OU late. Also perhaps Tommy Tuberville's high point at TTU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8weI8qJpraY

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Baylor will lose to the goons eliminating any Big 12 teams from CFP even if ou wins the Big 12 Championship over Baylor again.
Those stupid, multiple turnovers and losses to TT and Baylor (as in each season we've had of late) teams that we should have beaten will haunt us once again.
We'll probably end up in the Texas Bowl playing aTm for the Overhyped/Underperfomed award.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Baylor will lose to the goons eliminating any Big 12 teams from CFP even if ou wins the Big 12 Championship over Baylor again.
Those stupid, multiple turnovers and losses to TT and Baylor (as in each season we've had of late) teams that we should have beaten will haunt us once again.
We'll probably end up in the Texas Bowl playing aTm for the Overhyped/Underperfomed award.
was Okstate preseason overhyped? i thought expectations were pretty low. aggy on the other hand wins this award damn near every year.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Maybe, but OU's ranked above Baylor already & that'll likely be a top 10 matchup when it happens. With us ranked, OU's got a shot at having 3 more wins, including a top 10 win, over ranked teams from here on out.

The teams bunched at the top all play each other, so there's alot still to shake out. Cold easily see Penn State dropping below them, along with Oregon & Utah.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
WVU will be rolling out its MAC qb for the last 4 games(to preserve his redshirt).

he threw for 258 yards and 3 tds @ oregon last year and CFN preseason had him listed as Bowling greens best player.

Will he make a difference? who knows, but at least WVU will have a gunslinger its last 4 games.
he's the younger brother of: Seth Doege:

One week after the loss to Kansas State, Doege led the Red Raiders to a 41–38 upset victory over no. 3 Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma. Doege completed 33 of 52 passes for 441 yards and four touchdowns against Oklahoma.[12] For his performance, he earned recognition as the Walter Camp Football Foundation National Offensive Player of the Week and the Rivals.com National Player of the Week.[13][14] Additionally, he was again named the AT&T ESPN All-America Player of the Week, his second time to be so honored during the 2011 season.[15] Offensive coordinator Neal Brown was also named National Coordinator of the Week by Rivals.
Doege finished the 2011 season with 398 of 581 completions for 4,004 yards and 28 touchdowns.[16] He ranked eighth among all NCAA FBS quarterbacks in passing yardage.[17]
2012 season
Man, I’m glad we don’t have to play Seth.

Mar 31, 2011
I could hardly believe what I was reading. I thought to myself "surely he hasn't actually copy and pasted an entire paragraph of stats about their MAC-caliber QBs older brother's stats from 2012 as justification for their MAC-caliber QB being a reason for optimism." But, he did.

Sep 9, 2013
obviously, some of you dont have degrees in genetics, or even a basic grasp of bloodlines.

I guess you think it is just random coincidence that Gary sills(10 years in NFL) had 2 sons who are both expected to play on Sundays. Yeah, just cosmic chance. Id say the younger doege is just as good as the older brother. He wont have the line or weapons to work with that his brother had, but he, personally, should be just as good.

And, even more than reliance on true genetics, Neal brown reached out upon arriving at WVU and snagged him from Bowling green. Since he was offensive coor at texas tech for seth, he obviously thought the younger brother had similar stuff and id trust neal brown's judgment(no offense) over some of you people who may not have achieved the higher education required to understand sophisticated things like genes and bloodlines.:thumbup:

He was also at a MAC school because his brother(seth) coached there.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
We Understand Blood lines and Genetics I'll assure you we have and have had multiple siblings/legacies at OSU. What is also true is that doesn't equate to them being clones. It is not a big stretch to say that the genetics are very important but not a guarantee of success.

Jan 14, 2006
obviously, some of you dont have degrees in genetics, or even a basic grasp of bloodlines.

I guess you think it is just random coincidence that Gary sills(10 years in NFL) had 2 sons who are both expected to play on Sundays. Yeah, just cosmic chance. Id say the younger doege is just as good as the older brother. He wont have the line or weapons to work with that his brother had, but he, personally, should be just as good.

And, even more than reliance on true genetics, Neal brown reached out upon arriving at WVU and snagged him from Bowling green. Since he was offensive coor at texas tech for seth, he obviously thought the younger brother had similar stuff and id trust neal brown's judgment(no offense) over some of you people who may not have achieved the higher education required to understand sophisticated things like genes and bloodlines.:thumbup:

Can't argue with this kind of logic guys.... we're screwed.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL

Yeah, yeah. I like to pick horses based on bloodline too, but 9/10 I lose my bet! You’ve been on here a while now, do recall the direct descendant of the greatest college football player to ever live being on our roster in 2016? The son of Barry Sanders. He was a good player, but not his dad. I applaud your attempt to rationalize your crazy theory though. As OSU fans, we only get concerned about 3rd string QB’s that were converted to QB from wide receiver. Not fancy bloodlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx

Dude, I'm not a big fan of how these guys treat you and I try to defend you as much as I can, but this is too much. You end that first post with "He's Seth Doege's brother, so hopefully ....". What you don't do is copy and post Seth's game clippings from 7 years ago. These guys may be right about you.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Dude, I'm not a big fan of how these guys treat you and I try to defend you as much as I can, but this is too much. You end that first post with "He's Seth Doege's brother, so hopefully ....". What you don't do is copy and post Seth's game clippings from 7 years ago. These guys may be right about you.
He’s messing with them.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

So you'd say it's a good bet that WVU will win it all next year? BTW, we know all about brothers. We've had several brothers play on our teams. So we have a pretty good grasp on bloodlines. If you're trying to compare this guy to his brother, I'm pretty sure his brother was winless against us. Did Tech even make a bowl with him?

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

I actually do have a degree in genetics/biotech/animal science... and your post IS.HILARIOUS!

:lol: