Weathers...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Two words.....Doug Gottlieb.
Two more......Adarius Bowman
Both got in trouble, worked with coaches who develop men as well as players, and they turned out quite well. Kids (hell, people in general) do stupid stuff and kicking them to the curb is not always the best thing for them.
I don't think Gottlieb openly mocked the person he stole from, then claimed they were anti-semites when he got arrested.

I did lots of "stuff" in college. I drove my car through the bike lane on campus, shot water balloons at another fraternity, drank myself into a stupor and put a snake in someone else's backpack before they went to class. To name a few. But, on my worst day I wouldn't have stolen from someone at a bar and laughed at them about it.

I'm glad the kid is getting a second chance and hope he makes the most of it, but this wasn't just a kid being a silly college kid.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
I don't think Gottlieb openly mocked the person he stole from, then claimed they were anti-semites when he got arrested.

I did lots of "stuff" in college. I drove my car through the bike lane on campus, shot water balloons at another fraternity, drank myself into a stupor and put a snake in someone else's backpack before they went to class. To name a few. But, on my worst day I wouldn't have stolen from someone at a bar and laughed at them about it.

I'm glad the kid is getting a second chance and hope he makes the most of it, but this wasn't just a kid being a silly college kid.
You sound like a fun guy, Jo.

DemBoys

Greenhorn
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa

Seems to me driving your car through the bike lane on campus is a far more egregious offense than paying an $80 bar tab with a stolen credit card, but maybe we are lacking the context of that event.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Seems to me driving your car through the bike lane on campus is a far more egregious offense than paying an $80 bar tab with a stolen credit card, but maybe we are lacking the context of that event.
I suppose that’s a matter of opinion. If I saw someone drive through campus on the bike path I probably would have laughed. If you stole my credit card and mocked me for it, not so much.

Apr 27, 2006
Missing context whether he lied about driving on bike path and the alleged that it was only an issue because of his race.