Weathers, Calloo and K. Jones all charged UPDATED

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SwingingPete

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jan 28, 2011
Edmond, OK
In my opinion, this is the year to make a decision like this. You're having a down year and may struggle to even make the NIT. Set the ground work for expectations in the future, especially with a class like next years.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
It seems like we've been rebuilding almost every year since about 2006. Every year it's a ton of new faces on the floor. Looks like next year will be no different. I dream of a day when this clusterfk of a basketball program can finally have some continuity.

I just know what to say about guys can get in trouble and be lucky to be on the team and then turn right around and break rules again.

Apr 27, 2006
In my opinion, this is the year to make a decision like this. You're having a down year and may struggle to even make the NIT. Set the ground work for expectations in the future, especially with a class like next years.
Ground work should have been set with Weathers first offense, might of opened others eyes and corrected some courses, but better late than never.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
It seems like we've been rebuilding almost every year since about 2006. Every year it's a ton of new faces on the floor. Looks like next year will be no different. I dream of a day when this clusterfk of a basketball program can finally have some continuity.

I just know what to say about guys can get in trouble and be lucky to be on the team and then turn right around and break rules again.

We have certainly paid for Eddie's sins, and then some.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Hey, this just means more playing time for the remaining guys. More time to gel and get better.

This also opens up another spot for next year. Depending on which recruits could still be available, Boynton might flash another moment of recruiting brilliance.

Dec 21, 2016
Stillwater ok
My jaw dropped when i saw this. Weathers, his case baffles me the most. You just got a second life. C'MON MAN! Any ideas what they did? HC Mike Boynton too strict? Building a program to be proud of? Whats the consensus?

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
My jaw dropped when i saw this. Weathers, his case baffles me the most. You just got a second life. C'MON MAN! Any ideas what they did? HC Mike Boynton too strict? Building a program to be proud of? Whats the consensus?
Doing the right thing no matter the consequences is what Mike is doing. Sucks for our team but I’m proud of our coach!

Oct 30, 2007
You can't blame Coach Boynton for kicking players off the team if they aren't following team rules. That being said, he's now had to remove 4 of the 7 guys he's brought into the program thus far. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in his ability to evaluate character.

Hopefully we can find a decent front court player from Juco or transfer before next year. We're going to be thin up front if we don't.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
He's gonna run the guys hes got left into the ground. Injuries will follow then Reeves and the walk-on will be the second and third guys off the bench. This is gonna suck

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
You can't blame Coach Boynton for kicking players off the team if they aren't following team rules. That being said, he's now had to remove 4 of the 6 guys he's brought into the program so far. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in his ability to evaluate character.

Hopefully we can find a decent front court player from Juco or transfer before next year. We're going to be thin up front if we don't.
I see one five-star center still available (Isaiah Stewart). Coach Boynton should shoot for the stars. What is there to lose?