Weathers, Calloo and K. Jones all booted off team

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
You can't blame Coach Boynton for kicking players off the team if they aren't following team rules. That being said, he's now had to remove 4 of the 7 guys he's brought into the program thus far. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in his ability to evaluate character.

Hopefully we can find a decent front court player from Juco or transfer before next year. We're going to be thin up front if we don't.
4 out of 8

Aug 16, 2012
You can't blame Coach Boynton for kicking players off the team if they aren't following team rules. That being said, he's now had to remove 4 of the 7 guys he's brought into the program thus far. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in his ability to evaluate character.

Hopefully we can find a decent front court player from Juco or transfer before next year. We're going to be thin up front if we don't.
I am guessing, but if it does turn out to be pot, exactly how would a coach know if former coaches did not tell him or he had some sort of first hand knowledge they used? With the Lamont Evans fiasco, I fail to believe Boynton has been nothing but thorough on evaluating everything that can be determined about anyone he brings on board in any capacity.

Mar 27, 2005
If there’s a not a police report stating some kind of criminal behavior, most generally dismissal for team violations, means they failed their 3rd drug test.

Jan 21, 2006
It wasn't pot related this time. What they did was illegal but I don't know if a police report was filed or will be filed.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Aren't we going to see if there is actual video evidence of a crime? Then hide the said video until they exhaust eligibility and then release the video claiming that if we had known about this earlier then we would have kicked them off the team??? Oh.... wait..... wrong school...

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
It wasn't pot related this time. What they did was illegal but I don't know if a police report was filed or will be filed.
Welp, don't know what that means, but if Weathers is involved with more illegal stuff after the crap he already pulled earlier, that kid sounds like a real piece of work. His whole attitude in the police report from the other incident showed he's not a good kid. Good luck in life, cause he's gonna need it.

Jan 1, 2008
Aren't we going to see if there is actual video evidence of a crime? Then hide the said video until they exhaust eligibility and then release the video claiming that if we had known about this earlier then we would have kicked them off the team??? Oh.... wait..... wrong school...
I see what you did there and I,....I like it

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Weren't some of these guys recruits from Underwood year?
And I'm behind Coach on this. Watching him and after meeting him personally I believe this is similar to the year gundy kicked guys off the football team. It will pay off.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
I am guessing, but if it does turn out to be pot, exactly how would a coach know if former coaches did not tell him or he had some sort of first hand knowledge they used? With the Lamont Evans fiasco, I fail to believe Boynton has been nothing but thorough on evaluating everything that can be determined about anyone he brings on board in any capacity.
Players test positive for marijuana all the time. We've even had a few players arrested for possession over the past decade. Coaches have to find a way to keep their players clean once they get to campus. My guess is they got kicked off the team for something else.

I'm not sure how Coach Boynton and his staff go about evaluating a player's character. They should be talking to his family, teammates, coaches, teachers etc. to get a feel of who he really is. They should also be studying his social media profiles. I'm sure it's a tough job, but it has to be done.

Oct 30, 2007
Weren't some of these guys recruits from Underwood year?
And I'm behind Coach on this. Watching him and after meeting him personally I believe this is similar to the year gundy kicked guys off the football team. It will pay off.

I didn't count any of Underwood's recruits. Coach Boynton signed 5 guys last year, and brought in 3 transfers. Cunningham, Weathers, Jones, & Calloo are gone. Jones, Likekele, Demuth, & Anei are still here.

Aug 16, 2012
Players test positive for marijuana all the time. We've even had a few players arrested for possession over the past decade. Coaches have to find a way to keep their players clean once they get to campus. My guess is they got kicked off the team for something else.

I'm not sure how Coach Boynton and his staff go about evaluating a player's character. They should be talking to his family, teammates, coaches, teachers etc. to get a feel of who he really is. They should also be studying his social media profiles. I'm sure it's a tough job, but it has to be done.
Agree with the first paragraph.

I want to think that Boynton does all of that. The question that I have now, is about Cooper. I am sure Boynton relied on him heavily when deciding to bring in Weathers since Cooper would have been the person to initially dig into his (Weathers') life.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Oh God, for the sake of everyone, I really hope they did not go "Baylor".
Impossible. If that happened then police had to get involved. We aren't Baylor on the school side so no cover up.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Weathers especially had a second chance. Can't stay between the ditches - gone. I'm good with that even if it means quite a few less wins this year. I DO NOT want the coach to look the other way as we have seen with some other schools. If he ignored it and let them stay and more happens later it would look, and be, bad.