Wealth Gap

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
What does it cost for a “tank of gas” figuratively speaking?
I don’t know. I got a free supercharging referral so I don’t pay at Tesla superchargers. And, my building has included utilities so I’ve never paid at home.
I’ve heard it is about $20 per 1000 miles on a supercharger trip but can’t verify that.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I don’t know. I got a free supercharging referral so I don’t pay at Tesla superchargers. And, my building has included utilities so I’ve never paid at home.
I’ve heard it is about $20 per 1000 miles on a supercharger trip but can’t verify that.
How far can it go on a charge

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
How far can it go on a charge
Officially 310 miles but it really depends on the weather and temperature outside. One time heading to Stillwater with a strong north wind in my face and it was below freezing and my mileage was dropping at almost double that rate. True for gas, too, but not as noticeable as there are gas stations everywhere and the car doesn’t estimate it in real-time.

Duke Silver

A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Officially 310 miles but it really depends on the weather and temperature outside. One time heading to Stillwater with a strong north wind in my face and it was below freezing and my mileage was dropping at almost double that rate. True for gas, too, but not as noticeable as there are gas stations everywhere and the car doesn’t estimate it in real-time.
There is a charging station in perry. I wonder what the cost is to “fill up”.

Duke Silver

A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Pisses me off they put that in perry instead of exit 174. Would have been far more useful for pokes in Okc and south if there.
Agreed. It is a mark in the no column that could be changed easy enough. Lack of cng stations is a negative there too.

Duke Silver

A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
My brother in law had a CNG van for his business & it was great, but at that time ('09ish) there were so few places to fill it up that it a pretty big pain.
It would work as a commuter car but not as a car I could drive anywhere else. I would do cng or ev right now if it were as convenient