We have to be patient...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
My point was the backs made up for a lot of the stats...like 112 yards or so of the 295. So if we are throwing short the majority of the time then completion percent should be hi. The good thing is he DID complete them where we have seen issues with that aspect before. I am just worried Gundy will do his normal thing of sticking with his guy until it might be too late. TC deserves to start IMO but we should be playing Brown or Sanders to see how they can perform in live action as well. How do we know we aren’t missing out on another Weeden?

If all works out well, TC will get on track and be a stud. If not, we need to have others ready....and soon.
I think we'll see Dru Brown tomorrow. I doubt we see Sanders.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
My point was the backs made up for a lot of the stats...like 112 yards or so of the 295. So if we are throwing short the majority of the time then completion percent should be hi. The good thing is he DID complete them where we have seen issues with that aspect before. I am just worried Gundy will do his normal thing of sticking with his guy until it might be too late. TC deserves to start IMO but we should be playing Brown or Sanders to see how they can perform in live action as well. How do we know we aren’t missing out on another Weeden?

If all works out well, TC will get on track and be a stud. If not, we need to have others ready....and soon.
We know what Brown brings, he has several years of college tape.
Sanders was a late entry to the QB mix since he came in later.

I think Cornelius needs time to develop and Sanders needs time to absorb the playbook. I hope Brown is pretty much ready to plug and play but, he also needs time to absorb the playbook.
In a perfect world Woodtee or Kolar would be ready for the backup spot.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Read the game thread. Or look his name up on Twitter. Or on the fan Facebook pages. Or in this very thread where a handful of posters are ready to have him benched.

Then there's the consistent Gundy hate which comes from the same three idiots (not you. want to make that clear) that won't ever let him be good at anything. I post a breakdown of his QB choices and highlight that there's really only two questionable calls but every coach has that... including freaking Nick Saban, Chip Kelly, Jimbo Fisher, and Steve Spurrier. Five posts later, one of the aforementioned idiots said "Gundy can't pick QBs you're blind if you can't see it."

The negativity and just plain spoiled rotten nature of our fan base is shocking.
Game threads are the last place for rational thoughts. You've been here long enough to know that. Even normal folks get caught up in posting stuff in the heat of the moment. Doesn't make them idiots or geniuses. Game threads gonna game thread....

But honestly, I haven't seen much Corndog hate, but I only frequent this site and PFB. I've seen some people who are probably overly critical of Gundy, and its led them to question TC as the starter. I've seen many others who are irrationally obsessed with Dru Brown and/or Spencer Sanders, and they've let that drive their thoughts on TC. Others have objectively broken down his first game and have legitimate concerns. Others think that Gundy can never do wrong and get their panties in a wad any time someone criticizes the man - deserved or not.

But Corndog hate? I haven't seen it.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
I think we'll see Dru Brown tomorrow. I doubt we see Sanders.
I doubt we're gonna see either unless one of them has learned the playbook well enough and Gundy is willing to burn the first game on S. Alabama. I have no idea what their thought process is so I could be wrong, but after what they did last week I'd expect to see Wudtee again when/if garbage time occurs.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
I believe it was Bart Starr who said it was smarter to throw a 15 yard pass, and let the receiver run 50 yards than to throw a 65 yard pass just because you could.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I'm refraining from interacting with you beyond this. You're clearly a troll who is getting jollies f'ing with Poke fans who "only see through rose colored glasses" and can't "get off their knees for Gundy." Your time on this message board under this username at least is limited. I'm not wasting my time.
The greatest feature on this entire site is the ignore button. I have a couple on it. Considering another at this point. Much more enjoyable now.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I doubt we're gonna see either unless one of them has learned the playbook well enough and Gundy is willing to burn the first game on S. Alabama. I have no idea what their thought process is so I could be wrong, but after what they did last week I'd expect to see Wudtee again when/if garbage time occurs.
Maybe. You get 4 games and Cornholio had a bad second quarter, so he needed more time. I think these backup/potential red shirt QBs need at least one warm up game in their four chances. This is the last non con cupcake, so I think we see Brown. The next cup cake after this is at KU Sept 29. Our last two trips up their have been a weird feel because it's such a depressing place. We play down to KU's level, so we might not see either QB there.. but, who knows? This knew red shift rule and potential strategies and approach is hard to predict.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Game threads are the last place for rational thoughts. You've been here long enough to know that. Even normal folks get caught up in posting stuff in the heat of the moment. Doesn't make them idiots or geniuses. Game threads gonna game thread....

But honestly, I haven't seen much Corndog hate, but I only frequent this site and PFB. I've seen some people who are probably overly critical of Gundy, and its led them to question TC as the starter. I've seen many others who are irrationally obsessed with Dru Brown and/or Spencer Sanders, and they've let that drive their thoughts on TC. Others have objectively broken down his first game and have legitimate concerns. Others think that Gundy can never do wrong and get their panties in a wad any time someone criticizes the man - deserved or not.
I'd say this is pretty spot on. Well put.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Maybe. You get 4 games and Cornholio had a bad second quarter, so he needed more time. I think these backup/potential red shirt QBs need at least one warm up game in their four chances. This is the last non con cupcake, so I think we see Brown. The next cup cake after this is at KU Sept 29. Our last two trips up their have been a weird feel because it's such a depressing place. We play down to KU's level, so we might not see either QB there.. but, who knows? This knew red shift rule and potential strategies and approach is hard to predict.
Agreed on the new rule. I think we'll see varied strategies across the landscape.

I also think we'll see Brown tomorrow. From a practical standpoint, yeah, saving those 4 games is great, but given this year's QB situation at OSU, I really don't see Gundy waiting until the middle of conference play, or even KU on Sept. 29th to at least get Brown some live reps.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

But Corndog hate? I haven't seen it.
Spot on. Same song, different verse.

"Hate" for a player is almost as overused and misapplied as "disrespect". Drives me crazy.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
This is what it seems. Rudolph bombed it deep so much that our fans have somehow forgotten that an offense can be effective by throwing short and intermediate passes.

And the misses on the deep passes were overthrows... Which is preferable to the underthrow.

I seriously don't understand the Corndog hate.
They're the same ones that would complain about throwing into double coverage, because MoSt were playing with two deep safeties at times.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
You’re right I had Woodtee’s completion in there. Objectively he complete a lot of passes to his receivers. I watched the game on tape and at the stadium. I saw plenty of flaws but, I saw more good than bad.
Objectively I have no real problem with his overall performance.

Objectively, who do you think should be starting at QB? Why?

Your correct. Nothing wrong with the backs taking a short pass and turning it into a big play. Just like there was nothing wrong with Washington or Ateman taking a jump ball and trining it into a big play. Different style, same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimmytheGreek

Banned
Banned
Sep 20, 2017
Texas
Your correct. Nothing wrong with the backs taking a short pass and turning it into a big play. Just like there was nothing wrong with Washington or Ateman taking a jump ball and trining it into a big play. Different style, same results.

You talk as if Mason threw jump balls like we did with Dez and ZR. But even that would be an improvement from what we saw in game 1

JimmytheGreek

Banned
Banned
Sep 20, 2017
Texas
Real question.. do you mean "less" by me or "led" by me?

I actually agree with you on a few things and have told others to let you hate Gundy. There is clearly no changing your mind. I don't get those that try and prove Gundy to you. Too many have gone down that road, yet here your are unchanged.

BTW.. solid Traber pfft. :)
Real question btw. Did you mean “here your are” or “here you are” or even “here you’re”?

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

You talk as if Mason threw jump balls like we did with Dez and ZR. But even that would be an improvement from what we saw in game 1
I agreed with you. You would argue with a fence post.