We have to be patient...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 2, 2011
No flame intended.

Gundy keeps saying we have to "be patient with Corndog" and I'm not sure what that means.

He's not Mason and doesn't really have time to develop into that. So what does it mean? Do we let him struggle throughout the year? Does this mean we will lose a couple of games before we try something else?

I'm just curious

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I take it to mean Corndog is the guy most familiar with our offense and has demonstrated, in practice, a potential to be a solid QB. Gundy doesn't want this to turn into a night at the Apollo where the angry mob chases him off stage the first time he misses a note.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
No flame intended.

Gundy keeps saying we have to "be patient with Corndog" and I'm not sure what that means.

He's not Mason and doesn't really have time to develop into that. So what does it mean? Do we let him struggle throughout the year? Does this mean we will lose a couple of games before we try something else?

I'm just curious
I went back and rewatched the game today. Gotta admit I felt better the second time. I think the mistakes can be corrected. Hopefully Corndog takes the constructive criticism and is able to use it to reach his full potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2006
Seems pretty straight forward- There’s no one better in the program currently and he’s going to make some mistakes that a 3 or 4 year starter doesn’t make. He’ll improve throughout the year. Anybody that thought he was comparable to Rudolph had too much orange koolaid.

JimmytheGreek

Banned
Banned
Sep 20, 2017
Texas
I’m not buying that there is noone better or at least as good. And if that’s the case, you go with the player with the most upside. It would be nice to see TC bounce back and make the deep throw on target.....especially on free plays. However, I hope we don’t waste the majority of games this year on the old excuse of “what we see in practice.”

Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
It's definitely a good thing that the toughest games are the last three. Just hope he gets better this week so we can get by Boise State. Then he'll have a while to perfect his trade, assuming he's playing at a high enough level to begin with. He may not be a multi year starter, but as a 5th year senior the part about not setting his feet is worrisome. Missing some deep balls, I can see that, but missing fundamental stuff doesn't sound encouraging.

I'm not sure that there's no one better in the program currently. During the press conference Gundy said that the other 2 haven't had enough time to learn the system well enough.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Seems pretty straight forward- There’s no one better in the program currently and he’s going to make some mistakes that a 3 or 4 year starter doesn’t make. He’ll improve throughout the year. Anybody that thought he was comparable to Rudolph had too much orange koolaid.
Yeah I call b.s. on no one better. No sayimv this ahainst you but i think Dru Brown might play better. We 'll see. I'll give Dru another game but honestly we should see Dru quickly if not. Can't mess around with Boise State

Last edited:

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Yeah I call b.s. on no one better. No sayimv this ahainst you but i think Dru Brown might play better. We 'll see. I'll give Dru another game but honestly we should see Dru quickly if not. Can't mess around with Boise State
Wait, you call b.s. because you THINK Dru MIGHT play better? Holy crap dude, he should start Saturday based on this analysis. LMAO never change Ruthertard, please never change. WOW!

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
You thought Daxx Garman was the answer in 2014.
He was never the answer, but Mason might not have been early that year easier. We might have got him killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
You thought Daxx Garman was the answer in 2014.
Garman can throw deep but misses the easy short throws. Strange as hell! Make every one guessing??

Corndog seems to be the opposite. Make the easy short throws in the middle but misses the deep balls and some long throws to the sidelines.

The second one make more sense but frustrated none the less.