We are homecoming for both KU and K-State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
While out scouting tickets, I was wondering why KU tix were so expensive (AKA over $10 each) and discovered it is homecoming. Then I found another page and we are KSU's homecoming as well.

Nov 8, 2007
They didn’t two years ago when I went up there. They gave me two tickets.
I bought tickets on the 50 yard line, center of field, on the 4th row the week of the OSU/KU game two years ago. They were $30 a piece through the ticket office at KU. I probably got screwed on the price, if you can believe it. After mid way through the 2nd quarter the OSU faithful outnumbered the KU fans probably 1.5 to 1. My 6 year old asked for prayers for KU the next day at sunday school because their stadium was so bad.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
I bought tickets on the 50 yard line, center of field, on the 4th row the week of the OSU/KU game two years ago. They were $30 a piece through the ticket office at KU. I probably got screwed on the price, if you can believe it. After mid way through the 2nd quarter the OSU faithful outnumbered the KU fans probably 1.5 to 1. My 6 year old asked for prayers for KU the next day at sunday school because their stadium was so bad.
Yeah Kansas stadium is horrible. There are HS stadiums that put it to shame. I went a few years ago in 2016 and it was laughable.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Went to KU & got to see Sunshine recover his own onsides kick, & oh yeah, Bowman go for 300 yards receiving. Beautiful day, but that stadium's a mausoleum. Not only is the home crowd non-existant, but that damn track around the field means the stands are a mile away from the action.

Went to Kstate & saw Bobby Reid lead us to what I thought was a win. Then I left my buddies midway throught the 4th to go get the car, drove up to pick them up & saw their faces & I knew, we'd found a way to lose it.

Highly recommend a visit to both for those that haven't been. Awful nice to stay in KC, gamble a little, eat some good food & run over to Lawrence for the game. Aggieville in Manhattan's a great place on gameday, & Colbert Hills is a really underrated golf course just outside of town.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Went to KU & got to see Sunshine recover his own onsides kick, & oh yeah, Bowman go for 300 yards receiving. Beautiful day, but that stadium's a mausoleum. Not only is the home crowd non-existant, but that damn track around the field means the stands are a mile away from the action.

Went to Kstate & saw Bobby Reid lead us to what I thought was a win. Then I left my buddies midway throught the 4th to go get the car, drove up to pick them up & saw their faces & I knew, we'd found a way to lose it.

Highly recommend a visit to both for those that haven't been. Awful nice to stay in KC, gamble a little, eat some good food & run over to Lawrence for the game. Aggieville in Manhattan's a great place on gameday, & Colbert Hills is a really underrated golf course just outside of town.
I've been to both. I had the pleasure of having a sideline pass in 2014 and watched the public execution of Garman.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Yeah Kansas stadium is horrible. There are HS stadiums that put it to shame. I went a few years ago in 2016 and it was laughable.
I remember in the ‘90s when OU fans said the same thing about us.. to my face. These were relatives of my wife. We had Thanksgiving with them several years later. Before dinner, they went around the table asking each person to give their Bedlam score prediction. The OSU fans in the family conceded OU (defending MNC champs) would probably win by at least 2 scores. The OU fans weren’t as gracious. The husband predicted 77-0. After some laughter, he said, “No. I’m serious. I think we’ll destroy them 77-0.”

Thank you Rashaun Woods and Josh Fields for wiping that smug look off that man’s face.