We actually moved up

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 29, 2004
La Jolla, California
Yes, I get it, I am mad too. We could have easily won that game. We were playing the number 12 team on the road, had won 5 in a row in Austin. It was a tall task, but we have a young (but impressive QB), young front 7 on defense, lots of talent at skill positions and we were right there. Everyone else must have noticed too, we moved up in the voting for the AP and Coaches poll, finishing 27th in one and 28th in the other. So stop the doom and gloom attitude, our future is pretty bright.

Oct 21, 2013
Austin Texas
While I mourn the loss for a day, watching the team play, especially at QB gives me lots of optimism about the future. If we can get a touch stouter at the line scrimmage and loosen up a bit on the play calling in the red zone, I like our chances a lot in the rest of our games. Go Pokes

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
That's the voters looking at the scoreboard.

We were two muffed punts away from being blown out.
We were also a couple of 4th down conversions and am interception away from it being a blowout in our favor.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 8, 2006
Tulsa, OK
Yes, I get it, I am mad too. We could have easily won that game. We were playing the number 12 team on the road, had won 5 in a row in Austin. It was a tall task, but we have a young (but impressive QB), young front 7 on defense, lots of talent at skill positions and we were right there. Everyone else must have noticed too, we moved up in the voting for the AP and Coaches poll, finishing 27th in one and 28th in the other. So stop the doom and gloom attitude, our future is pretty bright.
Careful, round here you’ll be accused of pumping sunshine.

:pistols:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The voters always over rate Texas so naturally they'll see a close loss in Austin as being good as well. One interesting side note for sunshine pumping, we held ut to fewer points than a vaunted SEC defense did.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Where did we move up??... Unless ESPN is using some different AP and Coaches poll, from wk 4 to 5, AP we stayed at 27 and Coaches we dropped from 26 to 30... We gained a handful of votes in the AP but that's also because TCU lost (being overrated at #25 and losing to SMU...)

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia

Against Texas we need to play with the lead, We cannot afford Texas to continue pounding our thin DL with their bigger OL and their FB size RBs.

If we scored on the 1st drive instead of fumble, and playing with the lead, the game scenario would have been different.

Sanders also under-threw a TD pass to #1 ....

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City

Bullcrap. Quit thinking like a loser. We also managed 3 points in 3 separate redzones. We started the game with a field goal and we were first down from the 4 yard line. Not to mention we know the 2 trips we got zero points in the second half. We were inside 4 yard line again 2nd half and no points. Again fake field goal and no points. Factor that in genius.