Way, Way Too early two deep for 2018?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

3putt

Wrangler
Oct 23, 2003
Edmond.
OK, I'm not watching the NFL anymore and not really interested in the playoffs. Anyone with a lot more knowledge of the returning players have a guess at the two deep, especially defense and offensive line?

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
QB: T. Cornlieus, S. Sanders
CB: Finefeiuki, Brown
RB: Hill, Brown, King, Hubbard
WR: Tyron Johnson, Moore
WR: Stoner, Wallace
WR: Mccleskey, Wolf
WR: LC Greenwood, Mccaufman
OL: Jenkins, Kegel
OL: Galloway, Bray
OL: Wilson, Hambright
OL: GaleI’I, Williams (hopefully medical es)
OL: Keyes, Noel

S: Z Green, Flanagan
S: Mwakini, Mccune
CB: Green, Cardwell
CB: Williams, Brown
DE: Brailford, Walterschied
DE: Owens, Carter
DT: Smith Jr., Bakari
DT: Daniels, Hughes
LB: Phillips, Harper
LB: Mcgruder, Ogbah
LB: Bundage, Henry

My best shot but offensive line was hard to determine

Last edited:

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
QB: Sanders or Corndog
HB: Hill, King or Brown or Hubbard
CW: Abbott, Finefeuiaki
LT: Galloway, Hambright
LG: Keyes, Galea'i
C: Wilson, Noel
RG: Williams (if eligible), Jenkins
RT: Richards, Jenkins
WR: Tyron Johnson, McKaufman or Alexander
WR: Tylan Wallace, Moore or Greenwood
IR: McCleskey, Stoner

DE: Brailford or Owens
DE: Walterscheid, Brock Martin or Michael Scott
DT: Daniels, Smith
DT: Carter, Bakari or Murray
Star: Bundage, KEM
MLB: Henry or Ogbong or Macon
WLB: Phillips, Ogbong or Henry
CB: AJ Green, Balous
CB: Rod Williams, Morton
SS: Z. Green or Rodriguez
FS: Mwaniki, Cook, Flanagan

K: Ammendola
P: Sinor

3putt

Wrangler
Oct 23, 2003
Edmond.
Thank you! Now I have something to do today-- figure out who some of these guys are, but I love it. Always the optimist, hoping we get a few breaks this year and have at least another 10 win season in a reloading year!

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Thank you! Now I have something to do today-- figure out who some of these guys are, but I love it. Always the optimist, hoping we get a few breaks this year and have at least another 10 win season in a reloading year!
I'm usually optimistic but 10 wins will be a stretch.

Mar 8, 2010
I just have a gut feeling, that Corndog will be a pleasant surprise next year allowing Sanders to RS, but I'll be surprised if we can exceed 8 wins with the way the schedule sets up.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I just have a gut feeling, that Corndog will be a pleasant surprise next year allowing Sanders to RS, but I'll be surprised if we can exceed 8 wins with the way the schedule sets up.
From the DOK
Under Gundy, though, OSU has developed a strong track record of reconstruction. Gone are the days when the loss of a significant talent meant a huge drop off. That is partially evident by the fact that the Cowboys haven't won less than seven games since the second year of Gundy's tenure. But go inside the numbers, and you'll find even stronger evidence.

The 2009 Cowboys won nine games during the regular season and went to the Cotton Bowl, both high water marks at that time for Gundy-led OSU teams. But that was the last season in Stillwater for Zac Robinson, Dez Bryant, Keith Toston, Perrish Cox and Andre Sexton. Significant players all.

What did the Cowboys do in 2010?

They won 11 games and capped their season with an Alamo Bowl victory. That bunch was headlined by Brandon Weeden and Justin Blackmon and undercarded by the likes of Joseph Randle and Jeremy Smith, Daytawion Lowe and Markelle Martin, the nucleus for the Cowboys' Big 12 title team in 2011.

OSU lost another significant group after the 2013 season. That team won 10 games and went to the Cotton Bowl led by Clint Chelf, Josh Stewart and Justin Gilbert.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
From the DOK
Under Gundy, though, OSU has developed a strong track record of reconstruction. Gone are the days when the loss of a significant talent meant a huge drop off. That is partially evident by the fact that the Cowboys haven't won less than seven games since the second year of Gundy's tenure. But go inside the numbers, and you'll find even stronger evidence.

The 2009 Cowboys won nine games during the regular season and went to the Cotton Bowl, both high water marks at that time for Gundy-led OSU teams. But that was the last season in Stillwater for Zac Robinson, Dez Bryant, Keith Toston, Perrish Cox and Andre Sexton. Significant players all.

What did the Cowboys do in 2010?

They won 11 games and capped their season with an Alamo Bowl victory. That bunch was headlined by Brandon Weeden and Justin Blackmon and undercarded by the likes of Joseph Randle and Jeremy Smith, Daytawion Lowe and Markelle Martin, the nucleus for the Cowboys' Big 12 title team in 2011.

OSU lost another significant group after the 2013 season. That team won 10 games and went to the Cotton Bowl led by Clint Chelf, Josh Stewart and Justin Gilbert.
Think you mean 2012. Haven't seen anything from this Corndog kid that will lead me to believe he'll take us to 10 wins. Bummer Sanders didn't graduate early.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
IMHO offensive stars could be...
Hill obviously
Corndog...a surprise
Stoner...who will arrive big time
The O-line...overall, I think they will show what a year of good coaching can do
Another Surprise...Abbot
Johnson
Newcomer....Moore (Sanders if Corndog isn't all we think)

Jan 14, 2006
Replacing a lot on the OL but keeping the same coach should help. I hope we are a little better up front. Whoever ends up at qb has plenty of weapons, if they have time.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
A decent core of D-lineman return as does a pretty good young set of LB's. Should be better on defense next year...coaching change or not....just an opinion.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
IMHO offensive stars could be...
Hill obviously
Corndog...a surprise
Stoner...who will arrive big time
The O-line...overall, I think they will show what a year of good coaching can do
Another Surprise...Abbot
Johnson
Newcomer....Moore (Sanders if Corndog isn't all we think)
I think Hubbard may be the Newcomer.

ThePlane

Biggest words I know are Chevrolet and mayonnaise
Oct 14, 2009
Cowtown, Tx
This question was posed to me earlier and I didn't have an answer but I know most everyone on here probably knows. Where is John Koler in all of the qb talk? Did he transfer and I missed it/forgot about it?

Nov 6, 2010
I think Hubbard may be the Newcomer.
I would agree except I don't think there will be enough carries for him to really show up like that. Just too hard to take the ball out of Hill's hands, although we will probably run more next year. I'll be curious to see what the other Wallace brother can do.