Watson suspended from team

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
It wasn’t Darrell it came out it was whoever transferred down to a TX school that looked like him. He got subpoenaed I believe but didn’t have to come back bc he was in TX. Remember reading that somewhere. Mistaken identity then once DW was free it got brushed out of the news

Feb 18, 2009
It wasn’t Darrell it came out it was whoever transferred down to a TX school that looked like him. He got subpoenaed I believe but didn’t have to come back bc he was in TX. Remember reading that somewhere. Mistaken identity then once DW was free it got brushed out of the news
Truth, it was Shaw.

But he was guilty until proven innocent. That’s the point, let it play out. Even in Darrell’s case it played out against him until a different judge got involved.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
You couldn't possibly take my comment any more out of context. It didn't even have a connection to this young man. I was referencing a book about sexual assault and what it taught me personally.
He has a point though. I don't want to make light of this or pass judgement in any way here, but if Watson is completely innocent he'll never be free of it.

If he did it or anything close to it, he can pound sand. But say they hooked up consensually (or didn't hook up-it doesn't really matter if she is lying) and she thinks there is more than he does, so she decides to burn him. Maybe he's a jackass for leading her on but that isn't illegal. Again I'm not defending his actions and if he's guilty he needs to be in prison, but you can't pass judgement until you know the facts.

As to HCMB, it's hard to judge the character of the kids he's going after off his first couple of classes. Between Ford, Underwood, and the NCAA scandal you have a couple of years where where you have to take who you can. I don't recall any serious issues prior to committing with the kids we brought on campus the past few years, but can understand how taking someone of questionable character and thinking you can help them is acceptable. The way we are trending in recruiting I'm guessing we take less risks there, but honestly Eddie was no different. He had a talent for improving kids lives and so far the jury is out on HCMB in that regard. He doesn't seem interested in "handling things internally" though and I think that's a positive.

Feb 18, 2009
You couldn't possibly take my comment any more out of context. It didn't even have a connection to this young man. I was referencing a book about sexual assault and what it taught me personally.
I didn't take anything out of context, I didn't even reply to you. In fact I looked up Missoula per your post.

Marcus may have done something very wrong here. If he did, he has to be held accountable. If he didn't, he will never escape this, ever. We've got people on this board that have espoused a life sentence for him already.

At the end of the day, we're both Dad's and hope and pray every day that our kids are never caught up in this stuff.

Ugly situation all around.

Apr 7, 2006
I didn't take anything out of context, I didn't even reply to you. In fact I looked up Missoula per your post.

Marcus may have done something very wrong here. If he did, he has to be held accountable. If he didn't, he will never escape this, ever. We've got people on this board that have espoused a life sentence for him already.

At the end of the day, we're both Dad's and hope and pray every day that our kids are never caught up in this stuff.

Ugly situation all around.
My mistake

Aug 10, 2004
Stillwater
I wish Boynton would make those freshman and any going forward hang out with Cam,Lindy,and Dizzy in any social outing.Those 3 have figured out how to stay out of the news for 4 years so it is possible to do.Almost like assigning the freshman a "handler" to guide them in the right direction.

Sep 23, 2010
Full disclaimor-- I know nothing about this situation. But I am interested as to why Boynton hasn't kicked Watson off the team already. He must have some reservation about the whole story to not dump him right away. Remember, he kicked 3 guys off the team for shooting up a car with a BB gun before the legal process even got to the news. He kicked off Dawson and Dillard in his first year, his two most promising young talents, for best I can tell of bad attitudes and smoking too much. If MB in his brain believed this to be true, he would send Watson down the road pretty quickly. There is no due process when it comes to being on the basketball team.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Full disclaimor-- I know nothing about this situation. But I am interested as to why Boynton hasn't kicked Watson off the team already. He must have some reservation about the whole story to not dump him right away. Remember, he kicked 3 guys off the team for shooting up a car with a BB gun before the legal process even got to the news. He kicked off Dawson and Dillard in his first year, his two most promising young talents, for best I can tell of bad attitudes and smoking too much. If MB in his brain believed this to be true, he would send Watson down the road pretty quickly. There is no due process when it comes to being on the basketball team.
Dawson and Dillard had been given other times, so it was like 3 strikes with attitude if I remember correctly. And last year want an accusation with a protective order, they were charged and the police had already gotten statements and evidence.
In the case with Watson, there have not been any charges filed and so he has to take a wait and see approach. If charges are filed, then I'd say he's gone.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk