Watson suspended from team

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
We'll see what happens after his hearing. Hopefully he didnt do anything stupid

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Is this a Boynton problem? I know we celebrate his recruiting prowess but if we can't keep them on the team are they worth bringing in?

I want to like the guy soooo much, I really do. And I want badly to give him the benefit of the doubt. But this is year 3. At some point he has to re-evaluate how he’s doing character homework while recruiting. And if he’s not doing character homework at all, well, then that’s the problem. All this to say, at some point, yes, this has to become about Boynton. We’ll see how this year goes, but this is very very troubling to me.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I want to like the guy soooo much, I really do. And I want badly to give him the benefit of the doubt. But this is year 3. At some point he has to re-evaluate how he’s doing character homework while recruiting. And if he’s not doing character homework at all, well, then that’s the problem. All this to say, at some point, yes, this has to become about Boynton. We’ll see how this year goes, but this is very very troubling to me.
It does look like a pattern. He probably thought his cousin wouldn't let him down.

Aug 8, 2008
OKC
Good grief. No coach can control players 24-7. No coach knows the hidden secrets any human being may hold. Even being a relative of Boynton, the kid hails from Georgia. Boynton hasn’t lived with him. No character issue is the responsibility of anyone other than the character. We’re all accountable for our own actions. We’ve become a society of blame.

Sep 30, 2012
Good grief. No coach can control players 24-7. No coach knows the hidden secrets any human being may hold. Even being a relative of Boynton, the kid hails from Georgia. Boynton hasn’t lived with him. No character issue is the responsibility of anyone other than the character. We’re all accountable for our own actions. We’ve become a society of blame.
Not to mention we don’t even know what the case entails or whether he is guilty.

Dec 20, 2005
Is this a Boynton problem? I know we celebrate his recruiting prowess but if we can't keep them on the team are they worth bringing in?
We had this problem with Sean Sutton and Travis Ford too. Is it really shocking at this point that college kids in this position do stupid things? Hormones and a position of power are a bad combination.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Right, but it is the coach's responsibility to do their homework and find recruits who don't have a history of character issues. I'm not saying Boynton isn't doing that, but at some point it becomes a fair question if a pattern is happening.

Aug 7, 2006
Right, but it is the coach's responsibility to do their homework and find recruits who don't have a history of character issues. I'm not saying Boynton isn't doing that, but at some point it becomes a fair question if a pattern is happening.
I'm guessing a lot of these guys probably didn't have character issues before they do something dumb though, so it's kinda hard to tell. The only one that really looks bad for Boynton is Weathers... he should've been gone immediately after the credit card incident last year.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Is the protective order not public record?? Seems we could find a copy of it and see what it is all about.
yes its on OSCN.net Not a lot there , just the issuance of the PO. Most of these PO's are dropped. Typically it creates a cooling off period as they are he said, she said. Without any information of what happened, no one knows what will happen. Court date pending, after 14 days from Oct 21st

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
Let’s not stick our heads in the sand. Most BB teams don’t kick off 6 players in a little over 2 years. May not be Boyntons fault put we need to address the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boynton didnt have to kick those players so the problem you want addressed may be the fact he hold his players to a higher standard than most programs