Warren releases DNA analysis that shows she's Native American

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
It's hard not to love Sen. Graham. ;)

View attachment 65416
I really want to do a test now but I'm just not a big fan of just sending my DNA off to some lab... #tinfoilhat But really though, my dad told me after my grandmother died that her mother was full blood native but didn't register. I'd be interested to see if my DNA would appear to validate it, even though it wouldn't actually get me anywhere. I've already paid for my college anyways, soo... :D

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I really want to do a test now but I'm just not a big fan of just sending my DNA off to some lab... #tinfoilhat But really though, my dad told me after my grandmother died that her mother was full blood native but didn't register. I'd be interested to see if my DNA would appear to validate it, even though it wouldn't actually get me anywhere. I've already paid for my college anyways, soo... :D
Make sure you relatives don't do it either. They busted some guy in CA because his sibling's DNA (submitted to private DNA sequencer) was a close match to a sample from a crime. Police then traced the guys whereabouts to the area at the time of the crime.

Edit: to be clear, it looks like the may have caught the right guy, but I makes you wonder what is being done with all of this really personal data.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Wow her paternal grandparents must have been EXTREMELY bigoted if they wouldn't let their son marry a woman who was 1/512ths Native American.....at that rate, no woman in the country would have been pure enough for their kid. Keep in mind there was no DNA testing back then so her grandparents I guess could tell just by looking. Or maybe Warren is simply lying her ass off.

Or, perhaps, this was her grandmother, and she just knew.

1539708021844.png

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Make sure you relatives don't do it either. They busted some guy in CA because his sibling's DNA (submitted to private DNA sequencer) was a close match to a sample from a crime. Police then traced the guys whereabouts to the area at the time of the crime.

Edit: to be clear, it looks like the may have caught the right guy, but I makes you wonder what is being done with all of this really personal data.
I've already got wire taps in my house and carry two on me every day, I don't need to be going and putting myself in any more databases than I have to... ;)

Aug 11, 2004
Newkirk, Ok
Everyone in Oklahoma has a story about a native american background in their family at some point. The big difference is that most Oklahoma families have enough character not to try and claim native american background unless they have a card with a certifiable quantum. What she did is try to profit off people that she has not association with legally. She lied, she knew she lied, she built up a huge story and now she is determined to make it happen. You really think she took that test before one of her siblings did?
I'm an Oklahoman with no native american blood. I am half Moravian though, I should be getting free kolaches for life.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
This lady just doesn't know when she's been beat... Just doubles down...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=472059913285900&id=38471053686

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

View attachment 65416
You could look at you genealogy. See if her parents were registered. They may have. Rolls go back several generations.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK

View attachment 65416
You could look at you genealogy. See if her parents were registered. They may have. Rolls go back several generations.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk
My mom has actually already done a bunch of genealogy with that Ancestry site. She's tracked it back several generations, mostly on her side, and found a bunch of stuff that we already kind of knew just based on the last names in our family but nothing native on my dad's side came up. We have some last names that are VERY easy to figure out where they originate from. Forgét (French), Nottingham (British), Neill (Irish, dropped the O' when moving to England), Branski and Janowiak (Polish) and all of those names are within just 1-2 generations of me. I'm sure there are plenty more that I'm not familiar with, these are just the predominant ones.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Look at the interviews with the family, most of whom are republicans and also claim that heritage based on their family history. Should she have known to not claim that she was NA when she grew up being told she was?

Look, I don't like Warren as a politician because I don't really agree with her politics. But this hatred of people just because of differing political opinions is pretty bad.

All my life I've been told that my family heritage was completely from England and Scotland. My mother is English but was born in India because my grandfather was in the British Army. Well she got dna tested and my mother is 25% Indian. Subcontinent, not native.
Am I a liar when I've been saying all my life that I am just caucasian? Should I be claiming Asian (and the higher test score requirements that sometimes gets you).

This just seems a big to-do over nothing to me. She thought she was native, and at least a little bit is. Her family isn't calling her a liar, they are showing pictures and saying that is their heritage as they learned. She did not get money or anything but was listed as a Native faculty (which helps Harvard as much as her) as she thought she was.

How about we talk about the things she is good at (finding and pointing out the excesses of the financial industry) and the things she is bad about (spending, too much government). This story about her heritage just looks like a bunch of crappy people being crappy.
If she hadn't claimed her mom was a Cherokee it would'nt be a big deal. My family has some native blood a few generations back. If she had said that no one would think much of it. But noo Mrs. Warren claimed her mom was Cherokee. Of course it's going to blow up in her face.

Actually she is quite terrible at finding problems in the financial industry. If Trump hadn't undone most of the financial things she did America would forever experience 1 to 2% growth.

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
https://www.dailywire.com/news/37285/elizabeth-warren-tries-once-again-explain-her-joseph-curl

Elizabeth Warren Tries Once Again To Explain Her Claim To Be Native American — And It's Hilarious
JOSEPH PREZIOSO / Contributor / Getty Images
ByJOSEPH CURL
@JOSEPHCURL
October 18, 2018
120.8k views

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who claimed to be Native American when a DNA study showed she has as little as .09% Indian blood, is still trying to explain away her assertion.

Warren, a Massachusetts Democrat running for re-election who President Trump has dubbed "Pocahontas" for her claim, released the results of the DNA test on Sunday with about three weeks to go before Election Day in an attempt to "begin deflecting the constant taunting from the president and her Senate challengers," The Boston Globe reported.

“I have an election,” Warren said. “Donald Trump goes in front of crowds multiple times a week to attack me. Both of my opponents have made the same attack. I got this analysis back, and I made it public.”

The move turned out to be a PR disaster. While the mainstream media happily went along with the notion that 1/1,024 heritage actually makes someone Native American, many mocked Warren for the bizarre claim. Trump himself joined in, writing on Twitter: “Now that her claims of being of Indian heritage have turned out to be a scam and a lie, Elizabeth Warren should apologize for perpetrating this fraud against the American Public. Harvard called her 'a person of color' (amazing con), and would not have taken her otherwise!"
Now that her claims of being of Indian heritage have turned out to be a scam and a lie, Elizabeth Warren should apologize for perpetrating this fraud against the American Public. Harvard called her “a person of color” (amazing con), and would not have taken her otherwise!​
Twitter Ads info and privacy

And Warren now says she regrets how she rolled out the DNA report — but stopped well short of apologizing.

"There’s a distinction between citizenship and ancestry. I wish I had been more mindful of that distinction," she told the Globe. "The tribes and only the tribes determine citizenship. It’s their right as a matter of sovereignty, and they exercise that in the ways they choose to exercise it. I respect that distinction.”

Asked whether she made a mistake when she began identifying herself as Native American 30 years ago, Warren once again said she's not really claiming to be part of any Indian group. “The distinction is: I’m not a citizen, never have claimed to be, and I wish I had been more mindful of that 30 years ago,” Warren said. “I wish I had been clearer about that — been more mindful, is the word.”

Her wish to have been more "mindful" came after the Cherokee Nation condemned for implying that she was among their nearly 300,000 members. Warren is not eligible to join the Nation because her relatives are not listed on a document called the Dawes Rolls, which are hundred-year-old government documents listing Cherokee members.

The Cherokee Nation’s secretary of state, Chuck Hoskin Jr., released a scathing statement on Monday, saying "a DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship."

"Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America. Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation. Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage," Hoskin wrote.
poco.jpg

Then on Tuesday, a direct descendant of Pocahontas, the famed 17th-century Powhatan princess, called on Warren to apologize for wrongly claiming to be Native American — just for political gain.

"It did prove that she wasn't the Cherokee Indian that she was claiming to be for so long," Debbie White Dove Porreco said on “Tucker Carlson Tonight." "I think she's guilty of claiming she's an American Indian but has no proof — and then [is] using it for applications for college and for political reasons."

"She needs to ... apologize to everybody for what she has done," Porreco said, adding that Native Americans "feel betrayed, they feel disappointed."

Warren listed herself as Native in the Association of American Law School Directory, and according to The Boston Globe, she “had her ethnicity changed from white to Native American at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she taught from 1987 to 1995, and at Harvard University Law School, where she was a tenured faculty member starting in 1995.”

Some critics say she got the Harvard slot by claiming to be American Indian. “Harvard Law School in the 1990s touted Warren, then a professor in Cambridge, as being Native American,’” CNN reported last November. “They singled her out, Warren later acknowledged, because she had listed herself as a minority in an Association of American Law Schools directory.”

A 1997 Fordham Law Review article identified the Democrat as Harvard Law’s “first woman of color.” Warren even submitted recipes to an American Indian cookbook called “Pow Wow Chow,” which was released in 1984 by the Five Civilized Tribes Museum in Muskogee, Oklahoma. She signed her entries “Elizabeth Warren — Cherokee.”

She wasn't so "mindful" back then.