Warren Blames America’s Racist ‘Legacy’ For Minority Staffers Resigning From Her Campaign

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/0...inority-staffers-resigning-from-her-campaign/

Warren Blames America’s Racist ‘Legacy’ For Minority Staffers Resigning From Her Campaign

February 7, 2020 By Chrissy Clark
A newly released Politico report claims six minority women resigned from Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s Nevada campaign team after complaining about a toxic work environment. The women said they felt like tokens in a competition meant to showcase minorities and were not acknowledged for their ideas.
Three of the women took their complaints to the Warren campaign’s human resource department, but said the situation didn’t change and in some cases only got worse. Megan Lewis, a former Warren field organizer, told Politico she knew there was something wrong with the toxic culture.

“During the time I was employed with Nevada for Warren, there was definitely something wrong with the culture. I filed a complaint with HR, but the follow-up I received left me feeling as though I needed to make myself smaller or change who I was to fit into the office culture,” Lewis said.
On MSNBC, Warren blamed America’s history of racism and oppression for the problems her minority staff members faced.
“I believe these women without any equivocation,” Warren said. “But, I’m also very aware that racism and oppression in this country have left a long legacy and it creates the kind of toxicity where power-structures, people take advantage of other people.”

Warren concluded she takes responsibility for this situation and is working with her team to fix it.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I have a dream that one day people will be judged, not by the color of their skin, but on the content of their character (and their abilities).

One day, maybe the Democrat party will be ready for this dream to become reality, but it is not this day.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
DERRY, N.H. (AP) — Elizabeth Warren is apologizing to six women of color who left her presidential campaign office in Nevada before the state's caucuses because they felt marginalized and because their concerns weren't addressed by supervisors.
“I believe these women completely and without reservation. And I apologize that they have had a bad experience on this campaign," the Massachusetts senator told reporters after an event in Derry, New Hampshire, on Thursday night.
“I tried to build a campaign and an organization that is diverse and welcoming, that celebrates people, that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work every single day,” she said.
Politico reported that six women have left Warren's campaign office since November. Nevada holds its Democratic caucuses on Feb. 22.
Campaigning in New Hampshire for the state's Feb. 11 primary, Warren said she understands “the long legacy of racism in this country and what it means, how it creates power dynamics and inequities that are toxic and dangerous and that's why we need to be constantly vigilant and determined to do better.”
“I take personal responsibility for this, and I'm working with my team to address theses concerns," she added.
Asked what specifically she could do to address them, she said, “I want to create enough space in our offices to make sure that we're hearing from everyone and to determine where there may be concerns.”

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
DERRY, N.H. (AP) — Elizabeth Warren is apologizing to six women of color who left her presidential campaign office in Nevada before the state's caucuses because they felt marginalized and because their concerns weren't addressed by supervisors.
“I believe these women completely and without reservation. And I apologize that they have had a bad experience on this campaign," the Massachusetts senator told reporters after an event in Derry, New Hampshire, on Thursday night.
“I tried to build a campaign and an organization that is diverse and welcoming, that celebrates people, that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work every single day,” she said.
Politico reported that six women have left Warren's campaign office since November. Nevada holds its Democratic caucuses on Feb. 22.
Campaigning in New Hampshire for the state's Feb. 11 primary, Warren said she understands “the long legacy of racism in this country and what it means, how it creates power dynamics and inequities that are toxic and dangerous and that's why we need to be constantly vigilant and determined to do better.”
“I take personal responsibility for this, and I'm working with my team to address theses concerns," she added.
Asked what specifically she could do to address them, she said, “I want to create enough space in our offices to make sure that we're hearing from everyone and to determine where there may be concerns.”
Most left handed apology I've ever heard. I'm sorry America is a racist country and you had to deal with it while working on my campaign. WTF kind of apology was that.

Should have been somethign more like, People working for my campaign will not be treated like that, the people responsible for this treatment are now unemployed. Take that Trump now your unemployment numbers are going up.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Most left handed apology I've ever heard. I'm sorry America is a racist country and you had to deal with it while working on my campaign. WTF kind of apology was that.

Should have been somethign more like, People working for my campaign will not be treated like that, the people responsible for this treatment are now unemployed. Take that Trump now your unemployment numbers are going up.
You have to remember that it was preceded with "I unequivicolly believe these women"

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
If you want an explanation for what Warren and other liberals are forwarding, do yourself a favor and read ‘The Coddling of the American Mind’ but don’t be fooled there are liberals who call themselves conservative and conservatives who call themselves liberal. You’ll find glass inside and outside, the window breaks both ways.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
If you want an explanation for what Warren and other liberals are forwarding, do yourself a favor and read ‘The Coddling of the American Mind’ but don’t be fooled there are liberals who call themselves conservative and conservatives who call themselves liberal. You’ll find glass inside and outside, the window breaks both ways.
Elitist still think certain people are below them. Party is irrelevant.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Elitist still think certain people are below them. Party is irrelevant.
While I wholly agree with this sentiment, that’s not really what the book is about. I’d recommend it as a read, I think you and some others on here, would recognize the theme. Some of it forces us to look at our own reflections.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The women said they felt like tokens in a competition meant to showcase minorities and were not acknowledged for their ideas
I can imagine the following conversation taking place.

Senior Staffer: Welcome aboard, we're going to set you up at this work station right up front near the window.
New Employee: Thank you, when is the first strategy meeting.
SS:. Whoa slow down, it's your first day, take some time to settle in.
NE:. I'm ready and eager to get started, I have some ideas on how we can appeal to Bernie voters and I was thinking that.....
SS:. Yeah, I'm going to stop you right there. You weren't hired for your ideas and you weren't hired to think, you were hired to meet the diversity quota. So please sit down next to this window so people walking by can see how tolerant we are.

The soft bigotry of low expectations is racism no matter how much the left tries to dress it up.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
"Warren said that a wealth tax would help close the racial wealth gap and criticized her party for not living up to prior promises.
“Year after year after year, election after election after election, Democrats go to people in the black community and say, ‘Boy, we really care about these issues. Racism is terrible. We all want to do something.' And then somehow the problem just seems to keep getting worse,” said Warren. “Well, I think it’s time we have real concrete plans that are going to make a difference in people’s lives.”

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Some people love to play the victim. I suspect her staff openings were attractive to some with that tendency because she caters to that so much.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
"Warren said that a wealth tax would help close the racial wealth gap and criticized her party for not living up to prior promises.
“Year after year after year, election after election after election, Democrats go to people in the black community and say, ‘Boy, we really care about these issues. Racism is terrible. We all want to do something.' And then somehow the problem just seems to keep getting worse,” said Warren. “Well, I think it’s time we have real concrete plans that are going to make a difference in people’s lives.”
If her "concrete plan" to attack black poverty is as achievable as her concrete plan to save the environment (houses built w/o a CO2 footprint by 2030 and cars w/o a CO2 footprint by 2035) then we can expect some real doosie of a plan for the black community . . . ..

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
If her "concrete plan" to attack black poverty is as achievable as her concrete plan to save the environment (houses built w/o a CO2 footprint by 2030 and cars w/o a CO2 footprint by 2035) then we can expect some real doosie of a plan for the black community . . . ..
The only people that can help the problems in the inner cities with the black communities are the black people. Until they elect people and choose leaders that don't want to profit off of black poverty the problem will remain. We may be able to do more as far as outreach goes and trying to get them better ideas to improve their circumstance but without leaders in their communities they look up to embracing those ideas it's not going to change. They will never trust the outsiders their leaders are calling racist and pushing them away from.

Today we are starting to see some change. It's slow but Candice Owens and others like her are starting to make inroads to introduce ideas that can help

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa

Rumor is they were also unhappy with the compensation package. Beads and firewater do not go nearly as far as they used to...