War in the Caucasus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I'm starting to wonder if it is just getting too hot for reporters over there. I couldn't find anything on it on BBC or Real Clear World this morning.
It’s escalated greatly. The second largest city is still being shelled. The body count is closing in on 300. Several videos showing artillery hitting suburb areas. Armenia claiming destruction of Azerbaijani forces today when they faked a retreat and mounted a surprise attack that apparently Armenia was already expecting. The videos coming out are already marketed. Meaning they’re using production facilities in making them with more propaganda.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
This is from the cbs article in your link.

"Even before the fighting, many senior officials in the region told me they felt no U.S. interest in this conflict for more than three years," she said.

Washington's atypical disengagement in this instance could leave room for a further escalation of the conflict, according to Thomas de Waal, a senior fellow with the Carnegie Europe think tank.

"The flare-up can also be seen as a symptom of a world in which the U.S. is no longer acting to defuse regional conflicts," de Waal wrote in a commentary published by last week by Politico Europe

There you have it. Trumps fault. On the more serious side, the world should get used to it. Particularly in Russia’s own yard.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
The Azerbaijan-Armenia conflict hints at the future of war
A fleet of cheap Turkish drones is slicing through Armenian defences

Oct 10th 2020

AZERBAIJAN’S ARMED forces may be busy waging war over Nagorno-Karabakh, a disputed enclave run by Armenia. That did not stop them from setting aside scarce helicopters and tanks to star in a music video, complete with khaki-clad singers, guitarists and a drummer. The bellicose heavy-metal tune, accompanied by a montage of bombing raids, would not be out of place in the Eurovision song contest, and is part of a crude attempt by Azerbaijan’s corrupt and autocratic government to rally people round the flag.

The real war, which began on September 27th, has been less telegenic. Hundreds of people, most of them soldiers, are already believed dead. The fighting is the worst since 1994, when ethnic Armenian forces seized Nagorno-Karabakh and surrounding Azerbaijani districts after a conflict that saw tens of thousands killed and a million people displaced. Azerbaijan claims to have taken a dozen villages in the Jabrayil district, one of seven that ring Nagorno-Karabakh and were occupied by Armenian forces. Azerbaijani cluster munitions have struck Stepanakert, the capital of the breakaway province. Armenian forces have shelled Ganja, Azerbaijan’s second-biggest city. Both sides seem to have used ballistic missiles, and a few stray rockets have landed in next-door Iran.
https://www.economist.com/europe/20...n-armenia-conflict-hints-at-the-future-of-war

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
I don't think America is going to do anything; We've got a long history of washing the Turks feet, which pleases fossil fuel interests.

Personally I side with the Armenians. When Azerbijan is aiming rockets at their own country; it would seem they are in the wrong. In addition, to Azerbijan' cozy relationship to Turkey - the Art Briles of countries.

The Armenians aren't a warlike people. They don't have a lot of political clout and I think the reunification is more about reuniting Christians than political clout.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Cease fire was utterly destroyed last night with the shelling of Ganja last evening. 9 civilians killed. Video can be found of the missile hits. Armenia now claims to have proof of Syrian mercenaries being brought to the battle front in Azerie military vehicles. This is also easy to find today on google. This was not easy to find. From 2013, a Russian officer gave an interview about this possible war and here’s what he said.
https://eurasianet.org/russian-officer-we-would-intervene-in-karabakh-against-azerbaijan

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
https://mobile.twitter.com/Karabakh_MoD/status/1315573875883806720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1315573875883806720%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_0&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4533190%2Fpg125

Propaganda video from Armenia.

Using drone swarms on both sides to get the other to switch on radar targeting and as soon as radar turns on, the drones crash into it. Cyber war heating up. Twitter has seen over 1 million bot tweets out of Azerbaijani in one hour.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sure seems like this is gonna be a religious war, and Armenia is in a pretty inhospitable neighborhood for that. I wonder if anyone will come to their defense if another genocide starts to unfold. I'm not sure Russia cares enough to get heavily involved other than to just try to profit from the chaos.

https://capx.co/europe-must-wake-up-to-erdogans-neo-ottoman-ambition/
I saw yesterday in Greek news that Putin has said that they (Turkey) are idiots if they think Russia won’t respond. Is it true? I don’t know. Can’t read Greek. So I’m just passing rumors. But that’s what I do.