Wang Chung Wu Tang Clan Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Republicans have been dealing with a biased media for years. Just like the poem, some of us have been telling Democrats "you may not care about Republicans, but some day they'll give unfair coverage to somebody you DO care about".....that day has arrived.

The time to help Yang was 20 years ago. Doesn't mean Yang supporters shouldn't hold the MSM media accountable now, but it's probably too late to change anything for this election cycle.

On a similar note, when conservatives complain about censorship of right leaning voices on social media, the same thing applies. You may not care about right wing speech but some day, people you do support might suffer a similar fate and by then it will be too late.
They are flat out acting at times like he doesn't exist. And, no, that has not happened to republicans. Hell, Trump got incredible amounts of news coverage on both left and right biased media. If you have evidence of republicans that were polling high and being left off of the news graphs of the election while others polling lower were put on there 17 times I'd like to see it. This is not the same as the age old claims of bias by those on one side or the other.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
They are flat out acting at times like he doesn't exist. And, no, that has not happened to republicans. Hell, Trump got incredible amounts of news coverage on both left and right biased media. If you have evidence of republicans that were polling high and being left off of the news graphs of the election while others polling lower were put on there 17 times I'd like to see it. This is not the same as the age old claims of bias by those on one side or the other.
We could argue all day about which is worse, no coverage or negative coverage, but why waste the time when the underlying cause of both is that the mainstream media sucks.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
We could argue all day about which is worse, no coverage or negative coverage, but why waste the time when the underlying cause of both is that the mainstream media sucks.
Do you think President Trump would be President if his negative coverage had been no coverage?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Do you think President Trump would be President if his negative coverage had been no coverage?
Personally, I don't. To me, it literally seemed like a setup to try and lock in Hillary that completely backfired on them... The constant Trump coverage took eyes off the other candidates which cost them but then also cost Hillary, which I don't think people were expecting. I'm not even limiting that to Democrats because even I was surprised. I was absolutely certain that Hillary was going to win (which is why I used my vote to boost 3rd party totals).

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
If the media quit running stories on Trump completely, he'd be a lock to win re-election. The negative narrative is the only thing keeping the Dems even remotely in it
Well, I don’t agree with that at all but it wasn’t my question.
Back when Trump decided to run in 2015-2016, if the media would have ignored him even as he started rising in the polls, do you think he would have won?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Personally, I don't. To me, it literally seemed like a setup to try and lock in Hillary that completely backfired on them... The constant Trump coverage took eyes off the other candidates which cost them but then also cost Hillary, which I don't think people were expecting. I'm not even limiting that to Democrats because even I was surprised. I was absolutely certain that Hillary was going to win (which is why I used my vote to boost 3rd party totals).
You are giving them far too much devious credit. Trump was a story that gave them viewers. That is what they were after and why he got monster coverage. And the more they covered, the more bombastic he became. I agree that they didn’t think he would win, but I think that was a surprise not a setup.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
You are giving them far too much devious credit. Trump was a story that gave them viewers. That is what they were after and why he got monster coverage. And the more they covered, the more bombastic he became. I agree that they didn’t think he would win, but I think that was a surprise not a setup.
I didn't say he was in on it...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Well, I don’t agree with that at all but it wasn’t my question.
Back when Trump decided to run in 2015-2016, if the media would have ignored him even as he started rising in the polls, do you think he would have won?
Probably not, but they weren't totally on the attack with negative coverage at that time either. They actually gave him more neutral coverage than the other Rep candidates.....and of course that had an impact, there's no denying that.
However, if they had begun running negative stories on him the way they have done since he won the nomination, things might have been different. Then again, who knows, one of the things Trump supporters like about him is that he actually takes on the media narrative. Yang is attempting to do that but doesn't have the celebrity that Trump had.

As I said above, the underlying fact here is that the mainstream media sucks ass....so in the spirit of that, you're absolutely right.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Probably not, but they weren't totally on the attack with negative coverage at that time either. They actually gave him more neutral coverage than the other Rep candidates.....and of course that had an impact, there's no denying that.
However, if they had begun running negative stories on him the way they have done since he won the nomination, things might have been different. Then again, who knows, one of the things Trump supporters like about him is that he actually takes on the media narrative. Yang is attempting to do that but doesn't have the celebrity that Trump had.

As I said above, the underlying fact here is that the mainstream media sucks ass....so in the spirit of that, you're absolutely right.
Why doesn’t the right leaning media suck ass for doing the same stuff just on the other side?

Sep 22, 2011
Yang gang all the way, he is the only person talking about the real problems of the future, tulsi is a close second though

Jul 22, 2011
Secret footage of young men being initiated into YangGang:

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1202020427285045249

It’s stupid and silly, and then Yang’s campaign manager tries to physically stop him. That’s when it seemed creepy.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Why doesn’t the right leaning media suck ass for doing the same stuff just on the other side?
I agree with the point you are trying to make but Trump and Yang and two different monsters when it comes to this. Trump is great at getting a headline and using the adage there is no such thing as bad publicity......Yang doesn't have that skill set. He lacks the charisma to have them eating out his hand as Trump did before he ran and was the millionaire poster child of the 80/90s and then the apprentice days....or his credit the sleaze/villain factor to be the enemy of "fake news"

I applaud Yang for standing up after the debate and saying WTF, I thought it was great he demanded an apology.... but when they go to him they get vanilla. When Trump ran everyone wanted to hear what he had to say at the debates so he was "good TV". What we have signaled to the media is that's what we want and thus that's what we get..... and that's why we have a douche bag reality star for our president.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I agree with the point you are trying to make but Trump and Yang and two different monsters when it comes to this. Trump is great at getting a headline and using the adage there is no such thing as bad publicity......Yang doesn't have that skill set. He lacks the charisma to have them eating out his hand as Trump did before he ran and was the millionaire poster child of the 80/90s and then the apprentice days....or his credit the sleaze/villain factor to be the enemy of "fake news"

I applaud Yang for standing up after the debate and saying WTF, I thought it was great he demanded an apology.... but when they go to him they get vanilla. When Trump ran everyone wanted to hear what he had to say at the debates so he was "good TV". What we have signaled to the media is that's what we want and thus that's what we get..... and that's why we have a douche bag reality star for our president.
I agree with you that he is not like Trump because he is actually a caring person (possibly too caring to be president) and not a giant dickhead. He is too stiff at the horribly set-up debates but he isn't vanilla otherwise. I mean, he is crowd surfing, challenging Ted Cruz to 1:1 basketball, and dropping f-bombs. Maybe that would work at the debate, "Oh, after 35 minutes I get to talk, about fucking time."

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-09-30/andrew-yang-holds-campaign-rally-in-macarthur-park