Walsh Injury Update

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

internationalaw

Reading about OSU football somewhere
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2010
USA
Surgery doesn't = Out for a long time...I don't know anything about the severity, but we shouldn't assume that it means a serious injury.

Jul 17, 2007
Yeah! WTF, Gundy?!?
You all know how Gundy is with this kind of stuff. I've learned to not even listen to him anymore when it comes to this kind of stuff. Now one thing I do listen to Gundy on is on whether or not he believes he has a talented team. Usually when he says we have a lot of talent, he is usually right. Same for when he thinks we have a ways to go.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
What? Gundy just said it wasn't as bad as they first thought!!! What kind of doctors do we have looking at our guys?
Yeah! WTF, Gundy?!?
The problem is you don't know the starting point of "not as bad as previously thought" Maybe they thought they were gonna have to amputate? Maybe it was thought to be a career ending injury but is now just a season injury?

OSU_CC

Territorial Marshal
Dec 4, 2010
stress fracture, lisfranc, or turf toe.

If he had surgery on any of them, it'll be at least 10 weeks.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
If we get a good lead Saturday and Rudolph enters the game, Walsh's injury is pretty serious. Otherwise, we are all just guessing,

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
The problem is you don't know the starting point of "not as bad as previously thought" Maybe they thought they were gonna have to amputate? Maybe it was thought to be a career ending injury but is now just a season injury?
You all know how Gundy is with this kind of stuff. I've learned to not even listen to him anymore when it comes to this kind of stuff. Now one thing I do listen to Gundy on is on whether or not he believes he has a talented team. Usually when he says we have a lot of talent, he is usually right. Same for when he thinks we have a ways to go.
I know. My post was intended to be a Gundy joke. :unsure:

Aug 17, 2007
Orangeopolis
Gundy: "It's not as bad as we first thought"

Maybe they first thought there were tears and breaks and that Walsh would be lucky to walk again, much less play football. Surgery with a positive outlook would not be that bad.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
All sources are quoting BBJ, who is quoting an unnamed source. Probably Sam Mayes' source. I wouldn't start bashing Gundy just yet.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
REPORT: Walsh has surgery, out 6-8 weeks.
Print
Create a hardcopy of this page
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

• J.W. Walsh

Rachael Maltby

Oklahoma State's starting quarterback J.W. Walsh sits on the sideline after leaving during the first quarter with an injury during the Missouri State game at Boone Pickens Stadium on Saturday.

Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Kieran Steckley Sports Editor

Oklahoma State starting quarterback J.W. Walsh is out for six-to-eight weeks, according to KFOR NewsChannel 4 in Oklahoma City.

Sources told KFOR that Walsh underwent surgery as a result of his lower leg/ankle injury.

Walsh, who nearly led OSU to victory against No. 1 Florida State, was replaced against Missouri State by backup Daxx Garman, who proceeded to go 16-of-26 with 244 yards and two touchdowns against the Bears.

OSU would not confirm or deny report, staying with the policy of not commenting on injuries.

Garman is in line to make his first start since his junior year of high school Saturday against UTSA at 6 p.m. in Boone Pickens Stadium.

sports@ocolly.com