Wallace - no targets

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 18, 2009
Saw Wallace get into a heated conversation with the guy who was covering him. That might be enough to get him into the game.

Not sure what's going on with Chuba. Doesn't help that he's getting hit behind the line of scrimmage every play,. Or could be something else. He didn't seem too interested in going after that fumble in the first half.
Saw same thing. Our guys are soft, no fire. Brown has been running harder than Chuba. Comes from the top. Even the oline looked more engaged when we changed QB’s.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Pump the brakes. Remember Wes Lunt was 11 for 11 in his first game.
Honestly I don't recall, was Les Lunt 6-6 and 220? Did he throw only 2 picks his entire Senior year in 5a California football? Honestly, I don't remember. The play to the tight-end has me really impressed...especially without having practiced for 14 days straight prior to the game. Gundy said they even discussed not suiting him up.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Pump the brakes. Remember Wes Lunt was 11 for 11 in his first game.
We need both guys healthy...honestly I think Illingworth is going to turn out to be the better pure QB for us over the long haul, but we need both guys to be available to win a championship.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Saw same thing. Our guys are soft, no fire. Brown has been running harder than Chuba. Comes from the top. Even the oline looked more engaged when we changed QB’s.
They moved guys on the online around for the second half because we got two or three guys hurt early.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
It’s not a difficult strategy, throw the ball up and let Wallace make a play. OCMY did it way too often, but it took Dunn 3 quarters to give it a try. A couple of completions and the running lanes opened up just a crack. Just keep winning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
It’s not a difficult strategy, throw the ball up and let Wallace make a play. OCMY did it way too often, but it took Dunn 3 quarters to give it a try. A couple of completions and the running lanes opened up just a crack. Just keep winning...

For most of the 3 quarters though we had a QB that took 3 steps and then ducked his head in anticipation to be hit

Nov 18, 2010
Chuba worked harder on his political game than in today’s football game. Maybe he should sit and Brown start.
Brown ran with heart. You could see how much he wanted it. The blocking was bad for both guys...

Chuba is top tier. But if your heart isn't into it...watched that fumble again and it just doesn't look like he cares about what's happening at that moment.

Maybe Chuba will come out more motivated next game. If not for the team, then for personal gain in the draft rankings. Otherwise, I hope we see more of Brown.

Feb 2, 2010
Springfield, MA
Well who would’ve guessed sanders would only throw the ball 2 times in the first half so far
He managed to get an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty though.
Consequently on a play that was blown dead and should never have counted. The officials botched several calls during that first quarter.