Walking Dead, Season 8

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Well, at least Grimes grew some balls for a change. Morgan's cheese is sliding off his cracker. Garbage pail girl should have fed Negan to the biter. That will probably come back to haunt her. Decent episode over all, and that's been a rarity.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
WHY WON'T ANYONE KILL NEGAN WHEN THEY HAVE THE FREAKING CHANCE!?!?!
Because that would make too much sense.

if it's not painfully obvious, negan picked up the chick who knows Dwight is a double agent. Outside chance it's Dwight's/Negan's wife, which would throw a wrench in it for Dwight

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I just watched it. Please kill Negan, so glad the douche-bag died being feed to walkers. Better than the last two episodes.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Hope Karl didn't write too many sappy letters. Listening to him made me want to gouge my jugular out with a spork. Hard to get rid of anyone on this show. Even Simon isn't gone yet. What a pant load of mediocrity.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Hope Karl didn't write too many sappy letters. Listening to him made me want to gouge my jugular out with a spork. Hard to get rid of anyone on this show. Even Simon isn't gone yet. What a pant load of mediocrity.
He wrote a bunch of them. We're going to be treated to the Ghost of Carl regularly. Then New Carl is going to do stupid stuff that Carl would have done. All New Carl needs is the hat.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Eugene's double cross of Negan was the only part of this episode worth watching. Can't believe no one had the stones to kill Negan. What a cowardly waste of protoplasm Rick is. Glad to see Lenny James going to FTWD. It needed a transfusion of gonads. Oh well, there'se always season 9.

Last edited:

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Eugene's double cross of Negan was the only part of this episode worth watching. Can't believe no one had the stones to kill Negan. What a cowardly waste of protoplasm Rick is. Glad to see Lenny James going to FTWD. It needed a transfusion of gonads. Oh well, there'se always season 9.
I would give it a solid C+. I liked the Eugene/Father Gabriel arc wrapping up. I am interested to see where they go next season with the split over Negan's non-death.
I may take the time to catch up FTWD based on some of the reviews I have seen.

I am so glad Gimple is gone, I really hope it saves the series.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
OMG really? The Hilltop is going to become adversaries with everyone else now? I just can't buy that. Unless it's a storyline in the comics to which I know nothing about. But still, Maggie the new villain? No.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
OMG really? The Hilltop is going to become adversaries with everyone else now? I just can't buy that. Unless it's a storyline in the comics to which I know nothing about. But still, Maggie the new villain? No.
Maggie shaves her head, turns into Alpha and forms The Whisperers.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
Gotta have conflict somewhere. Everywhere.

That finale was pretty lame. Writers/producers are scared to kill non-redshirt characters in a cast that has too many characters we don't care about.

On the plus side, my Sunday viewing pleasure now switches to Westworld.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Gotta have conflict somewhere. Everywhere.

That finale was pretty lame. Writers/producers are scared to kill non-redshirt characters in a cast that has too many characters we don't care about.

On the plus side, my Sunday viewing pleasure now switches to Westworld.
That's true, they are scared to kill off main characters now because of the backlash they got from killing off Glen and Carl. Vocal fans of the show are as much to blame for making the writers walk on egg shells so they don't lose more viewers.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
That's true, they are scared to kill off main characters now because of the backlash they got from killing off Glen and Carl. Vocal fans of the show are as much to blame for making the writers walk on egg shells so they don't lose more viewers.
True. My baby girl (Lauren, who's 15) said last week she will no longer watch the show... after all these years and countless Walker Stalker conventions... if Negan is killed off. He's the only person she likes now. I was worried on Sunday that I'd lose my TWD partner!