Walking Dead, Season 8

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Another thing that bothers me about Walking Dead....the production value of Walking Dead seems very cheap and cheesy to me. From the studio lot looking sets to the costumes to the cameras they use. The cameras make it look like a TV show from the 90's or something that would be on SciFi. Fear the Walking Dead on the other hand doesn't look like such a cheap production. Looks like they are using modern cameras. Everything seems crisp and hi def like I'm watching a movie there. I saw on that 2 hour Talking Dead episode where they said the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead shows are going to cross paths next year. It's going to interesting to see these low def/hi def worlds collide. It'll be like those pictures where 2 oceans meet, but don't mix.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Another thing that bothers me about Walking Dead....the production value of Walking Dead seems very cheap and cheesy to me. From the studio lot looking sets to the costumes to the cameras they use. The cameras make it look like a TV show from the 90's or something that would be on SciFi. Fear the Walking Dead on the other hand doesn't look like such a cheap production. Looks like they are using modern cameras. Everything seems crisp and hi def like I'm watching a movie there. I saw on that 2 hour Talking Dead episode where they said the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead shows are going to cross paths next year. It's going to interesting to see these low def/hi def worlds collide. It'll be like those pictures where 2 oceans meet, but don't mix.
Fear the Walking Dead hasn't developed a single compelling character, there isn't one single person in that show that I want to live, they all deserve to die for being idiots. And there is absolutely no way that anyone could have survived that flooded river, they would have been crushed by debris.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Fear the Walking Dead hasn't developed a single compelling character, there isn't one single person in that show that I want to live, they all deserve to die for being idiots. And there is absolutely no way that anyone could have survived that flooded river, they would have been crushed by debris.
Yeah, I'm not saying Fear the Walking Dead is a better show. I've almost quit that show a million times. I don't care for any of the characters on that show. I'm just wondering why they seem to have a better production value. Especially since it's the lesser show. Seems like they would be able to go all out on Walking Dead instead of looking like a budget production.

Jul 22, 2011
FearTWD doesn't have the actor salaries to pay. It's biggest star is Rueben Blades (is he still on there?)
AMC has notoriously hamstrung the production budget on their most successful show.

With as bad as it's become, I'm starting to suspect it's a Bialystock and Bloom production.

Episode 2 had its good spots, but for the most part it's just a mess. How many total hours of AK-47 gunfights can we watch this season?

Orangendn

Territorial Marshal
Nov 17, 2004
El Reno, OK
It's not even about zombies anymore and has not been for more than a few seasons. It is about people just trying to kill each other because there is no law around any more. Zombies are the least of their worries. Worry more about the living than the dead.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Things are starting to annoy me more the longer I've watch. Example, Negan made this HUGE deal about Eugene being able to make bullets.

Anyone with half-a-brain can make bullets (reload). There are millions of presses across the country (home presses). With as much resources as Negan has, certainly could find even an industrial press and put it in production. Then I see them leave 100 .50 cal brass across the room. I'm sure they have an endless supply of ammo? Just the technical aspects of them using firearms is irritating. Like Rick shooting the 9mm Beretta in the episode last week, he popped the gun up like he was shooting a 500 magnum and not a small 9mm. The dumb 'racking' sound of EVERY-SINGLE-GUN and the constant 'click, click, click' of a semi-auto when it's empty (and not with the slide locked back). How do they *not* have a firearms expert on the show to explain the technical aspect of how each weapon they put up close on the screen, how they work???

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
Things are starting to annoy me more the longer I've watch. Example, Negan made this HUGE deal about Eugene being able to make bullets.

Anyone with half-a-brain can make bullets (reload). There are millions of presses across the country (home presses). With as much resources as Negan has, certainly could find even an industrial press and put it in production. Then I see them leave 100 .50 cal brass across the room. I'm sure they have an endless supply of ammo? Just the technical aspects of them using firearms is irritating. Like Rick shooting the 9mm Beretta in the episode last week, he popped the gun up like he was shooting a 500 magnum and not a small 9mm. The dumb 'racking' sound of EVERY-SINGLE-GUN and the constant 'click, click, click' of a semi-auto when it's empty (and not with the slide locked back). How do they *not* have a firearms expert on the show to explain the technical aspect of how each weapon they put up close on the screen, how they work???
I agree...I know it's silly but it's driving me nuts...Cars aren't bullet proof, Ricks Jeep taking a .50 Cal round to the engine block and it just keeps on running!

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I agree...I know it's silly but it's driving me nuts...Cars aren't bullet proof, Ricks Jeep taking a .50 Cal round to the engine block and it just keeps on running!
YES! I forgot about that. I got so irritated when I saw Carol on the other side of a POS car and the rounds weren't going all the way through? Sorry AMC, but a 223 and/or 7.62 will burn straight through both doors. Not *one* round exited on the other side of the truck she was behind.

And I loved the little 'sparks' the MaDuece was making! It would have turned that Jeep into Swiss cheese and yep, a round to the engine block where it's showing steam come out of the radiator? It would have shut the jeep down in an instant.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I find it comical that people are complaining the gunfire isn't realistic, but the undead raising from the dead is totally legit. Oh, and the friendly pet tiger.

I thought the episode was pretty good by recent standards. I could do without the flash backs, but at least we didn't have ridiculously stupid character decisions.

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
I find it comical that people are complaining the gunfire isn't realistic, but the undead raising from the dead is totally legit. Oh, and the friendly pet tiger.
I joked about this w/ my wife, you are right but I still think it's silly of them.

Jul 22, 2011
I'm glad that
The stupid tiger
is dead. Maybe now they can spend all that
CGI Money
to hire a firearms consultant. That might be too much to hope for. AMC will probably spend it on more merchandising or bring back the Trash People storyline.

The last couple of episodes have been better than the first two, in my opinion. Even so, it's still pretty bad.

Last edited:

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I'm glad that
The stupid tiger
is dead. Maybe now they can spend all that
CGI Money
to hire a firearms consultant. That might be too much to hope for. AMC will probably spend it on more merchandising or bring back the Trash People storyline.
Don't get your hopes up.

prepare yourself for zombie Shiva requiring more CGI money

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

Well the fact the guns aren't ejecting any brass when they fire them makes it hard to reload :blink::blink:

Jul 22, 2011
Are they going to catch up to the "flash forward" by the end of this season? Will All Out War be done after the next 4 episodes?
If not, (and I suspect that it mightn't) I probably will quit watching. Sad to say.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
Much better episode IMO. Some character development, less ridiculousness. I think the nonsensicalness of the action this season was avoided in this episode.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
This show is just a bad habit that I can't quit at this point. It brings me no joy anymore, but I still watch because I've watched from the beginning and I feel like I am going to miss something. This is AMC's equivalent of tobacco companies getting people hooked on cigarettes.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Much better episode IMO. Some character development, less ridiculousness. I think the nonsensicalness of the action this season was avoided in this episode.
This show is just a bad habit that I can't quit at this point. It brings me no joy anymore, but I still watch because I've watched from the beginning and I feel like I am going to miss something. This is AMC's equivalent of tobacco companies getting people hooked on cigarettes.
Nonsensicalness is not killing Negan when you have a chance to kill Negan. You run into the shed, you find Negan, you have a gun in your hand, you shoot, he's dead. "I'm here to hear your confession and give you absolution," is nonsensical. It's just a ploy to keep Negan alive longer and preserve the conflict between Negan and Rick. The show would have been better served to kill Negan when Rick first had the chance (instead of spraying bullets over his head) and having the Saviors descend into chaos, the outcome of which wrecks havoc to Rick's plans.

Yeah, I can't quit watching, either. I can't quit watching Fear, either, even though there are absolutely no empathetic characters and all of them deserve to die for being stupid.