Walking Dead Season 10 guaranteed to disappoint (IMO)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Well WD fans and addicts, here's hoping Michonne is the first of the deserving to croak. Tired of the brooding "I hate the world" looks. Will miss the head splittings, those were choice.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
It's only in the second half of season 9, and we're pronouncing season 10 will disappoint because the actress who plays Michonne is leaving?

Frankly, based on what I saw last night, Jeff Dean Morgan can pull the show as long as they keep his development moving away from the Negan caricature.

Jul 22, 2011
I quit watching midway through season 8 after they killed Carl. It's not that I loved the character, I didn't. It's that I knew then that they were completely abandoning the source material altogether.

I was recently convinced to go back and catch up because the last few episodes of the first half of S9 were good. They were certainly an improvement, but this midseason premiere was a backslide towards terrible. Hope it gets better.

Every time Judith Grimes is on screen, I regret everything. Un-watch-a-ble. Which AMC exec demanded that their niece get a role in the show?

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
If they keep it up with the direction the Negan storyline is going, the show could potentially get back to being strong. I honestly don't miss Rick.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
If they keep it up with the direction the Negan storyline is going, the show could potentially get back to being strong. I honestly don't miss Rick.
i kind of agree, but right now, I really don't care about the whisperers. i don't find them threatening at all. maybe that will change, but the lead up to negan was far more ominous.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
i kind of agree, but right now, I really don't care about the whisperers. i don't find them threatening at all. maybe that will change, but the lead up to negan was far more ominous.
Shoot one in the leg and the dead eat them. That is a great tactical disadvantage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Thought running a surprise load of zombies through the Whisperers camp was effective. Not sure how such a poorly organized, poorly armed bunch of mask wearers (from Alabama by accent) pose a threat. Henry needs to go.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I am just baffled. WHY on EARTH would these people stay with the Whisperers? Seriously. They have now seen a human settlement with food, defenses, and comfort. They are seriously nomads living in primitive camping. Why the hell would you stay? Humans still have an instinct of self preservation. Dressing up as zombies and hanging out in the woods with ACTUAL zombies would be antithetical to that instinct.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Welp, so far with this season all I can think is "oh no, it sucks again!"

The whisperers are a stupid foe. That's not a formidable group. You take out the woman and that one guy and that group is defeated. What a waste of time. Imagine being in that group and having to shuffle around everywhere at 1mph.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
Welp, so far with this season all I can think is "oh no, it sucks again!"

The whisperers are a stupid foe. That's not a formidable group. You take out the woman and that one guy and that group is defeated. What a waste of time. Imagine being in that group and having to shuffle around everywhere at 1mph.
thank you.

seriously stupid. I would bail from that group and go join the negan-era saviors. At least I would have a ROOF over my head.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
The guy playing Beta, Ryan Hurst, was Opie in Sons of Anarchy and Bertier in Remember the Titans.

I can see a Beta-Darryl undercard to an Alpha-Carol main event in the future.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
This season, it's been horrible. The best part of the show at this point is Negan and they have him locked in a cell.

Its like watching Curse of Oak Island.... I've already invested too much time in it, I might as well go down with the ship!