Wal Mart announces end to selling handgun ammo and allowing Open Carry in stores

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Scary day when even Walmart will cave to social pressure...

Get ready for Walmart to sell more ammo in the next few weeks than they ever would have without people throwing false blame at them... Good job SJW's...

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I'd be curious to see how much actual money the Big's make off of gun/ammo sails after overhead, employee costs, etc.. Walmart, Dicks, etc.

My guess is not much.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I'd be curious to see how much actual money the Big's make off of gun/ammo sails after overhead, employee costs, etc.. Walmart, Dicks, etc.

My guess is not much.
I think that's a safe guess, which is what makes the unintended consequences even more hilarious for the anti-gun people that raised the stink. That ammo would have likely just sat there going unpurchased for the most part and now because of them trying to blame Walmart for these shootings for some reason all of that ammo is going to fly off the shelves in record speed... In a nutshell, the pressure from anti-gun people just put MORE ammo out on the street...

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Scary day when even Walmart will cave to social pressure...
See post above... my guess is they weren't making that much money off of handgun ammo sales.

It is actually a savy business move... they now get to sit in their Ivory Tower under any scenario.

They get to act like they are taking an initiative against gun violence without actually risking anything monetary.

Dick's did the same thing... they stopped selling sporting rifles.

A few bucks in net income was way cheaper than the bad press of someone using one of their rifles in a mass shooting.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Note to criminals and potential mass shooters: Wal-Mart stores will now have no one inside them that can shoot back.

Nov 6, 2010
I think that's a safe guess, which is what makes the unintended consequences even more hilarious for the anti-gun people that raised the stink. That ammo would have likely just sat there going unpurchased for the most part and now because of them trying to blame Walmart for these shootings for some reason all of that ammo is going to fly off the shelves in record speed... In a nutshell, the pressure from anti-gun people just put MORE ammo out on the street...
Actually, if there is an unintended consequence, it will be to the manufacturers margin. The demand/volume won't change, but Wal Mart's massive buying power will be diluted across multiple retailers now, so the manufacturers can charge higher prices for the product they were already selling. They'll probably experience a little supply chain volatility in the short term, but long term, they'll make more money.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
See post above... my guess is they weren't making that much money off of handgun ammo sales.

It is actually a savy business move... they now get to sit in their Ivory Tower under any scenario.

They get to act like they are taking an initiative against gun violence without actually risking anything monetary.

Dick's did the same thing... they stopped selling sporting rifles.

A few bucks in net income was way cheaper than the bad press of someone using one of their rifles in a mass shooting.
My comment was a little tongue in cheek, just didn't feel like tacking an emoji to it. I don't think it was actually a cave to social pressure but they can pretend that they're "doing the right thing" by meeting the demands of gun control advocates that have (ignorantly) been calling for them to stop selling and and all firearms since you can apparently just walk right in and buy a gun. (Again, an ignorant statement as I just posted an article a week or so ago about someone that was actually trying to show how easy it is only to experience that it isn't...) It's just ironic that in gun control advocate's attempt to reduce arms/ammo sales they've likely just helped contribute to Walmart clearing their shelves from the knee jerk that's about to happen with some gun owners.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I don't believe Wal-Mart would have done this without pressure. People talk about the NRA having too much power and money but don't kid yourself, the anti-gun lobby is just as powerful and just as rich. All this does is make me want to donate more to the NRA.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
I don't believe Wal-Mart would have done this without pressure. People talk about the NRA having too much power and money but don't kid yourself, the anti-gun lobby is just as powerful and just as rich. All this does is make me want to donate more to the NRA.
Wayne needs your help with his mansion and his wife needs your help with her makeup. Lol

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I don't see the fascination for open carry anyway. I mean, I do support open carry laws but mainly to protect people who conceal carry if their weapon should accidentally become visible. People who want to strap a couple of AR's to their back and go strolling through the local grocery store "just because", are in fact doing harm to the cause they claim to support. Some men you just can't reach.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents

BENTONVILLE, AR—In a bold move intended to curb the thousands of deaths from vehicles each and every day, Walmart has decided to stop selling auto parts, sources confirmed Tuesday.

According to shocking reports, people have purchased car parts at Walmart and then those cars have been involved in accidents, proving a direct correlation between selling auto parts and causing deaths.

"We can no longer be complicit in an industry that kills over 3,000 people a day," said a spokesperson for Walmart. "Every time we sell a muffler, steering wheel cover, or flame decal, we are potentially causing the death of a person, and we cannot support that any longer."

"It's clear that bad drivers and poor road conditions don't cause vehicular deaths---cars do."

Walmart executives said they are beating themselves with a stick to atone for the deaths they've already caused.

"Our consciences will only be clean when we've been mercilessly beaten once for each of the millions of deaths that have been caused by automobiles since Walmart began selling auto parts," said one executive before solemnly beginning to beat himself with a baseball bat.

https://babylonbee.com/news/walmart-discontinues-sale-of-auto-parts-to-prevent-car-accidents

:lol:

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
It's dumb to open carry. It serves notice to the evil mass shooter that you need gotten rid of first.
You are not wrong. There are cases where open carry is not a bad thing, but out-and-about shopping and eating in the 'burbs? Mostly just seems to me if you're not law enforcement you are just trying to make a point.

This is why I carry concealed.