Wacky news of the day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Florida Woman Bites Camel's Genitals to Escape from Animal after It Sat on Her: 'The Camel Did Nothing Wrong'
By Jason Murdock On 9/23/19 at 4:41 AM EDT

A Florida woman who was pinned to the ground by a camel outside a Louisiana truck stop last week told sheriff's deputies that she bit the animal's testicles to escape.

The woman and her husband stopped at the Tiger Truck Stop in Grosse Tete last Thursday to let their pet dog outside. During their visit, the dog entered the camel's enclosure while chasing after pet treats which had been thrown in by the husband, The Advocate reported.

The male camel, known as "Caspar," chased after the woman when she crawled into its pen under a barbed wire fence. It pinned her against a wall then sat on top of her, WBRZ reported.

"She said, 'I bit his balls to get him off of me, I bit his testicles to get him off of me," Iberville Parish deputy Louis Hamilton Jr. told The Advocate. "The camel did nothing wrong. They [the couple] were aggressive. The camel was doing its normal routine."

"The camel has never been aggressive, the camel has never gotten out, never caused any issues," the officer noted. The man and woman have not been identified, but police confirmed that they were cited for violating a leash law and criminal trespassing.

According to WAFB, the woman was transferred to a local hospital after escaping Caspar. The severity of her injuries was not immediately clear. Camels can reach more than seven feet tall and weigh up to 1,600 pounds, according to a fact-sheet published by National Geographic.

The Tiger Truck Stop's manager, Pamela Bossier, told local media the man made the situation worse by making threatening gestures at the camel with his hat. She stressed that the couple should have asked for help in the stop's restaurant, which she said is always staffed.

"First of all, they went and trespassed. After they trespassed then they proceed to antagonize something that big," Bossier said, motioning toward the large animal.

"When you antagonize enough, they are going to strike back. It all could have been prevented with a few steps to the restaurant, there's always employees and [it is] open 24 hours."

The camel, which was not injured, has lived on the grounds of the Iberville Parish truck stop since last year, where the owners also keep a miniature horse and a baby kangaroo as part of a small petting zoo. The area was previously home to a tiger.

The Tiger Truck Stop owners were not cited as the enclosure included numerous signs warning citizens to stay out of the pen. When questioned by police about why he had hurled dog treats into the area, the husband claimed that he "wasn't thinking," The Advocate reported.

When you run out of stupid shit to do in your home state, go to another state and do stupid shit. :facepalm:
I've been at that Tiger Truck Stop, many times.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
E89F2272-36EF-4DE8-86F0-E10CB1DBFDAC.jpeg

I always thought urinal cakes were racist. Why are they always white?
Seems like a perfect use of what will surely be over $200 million in a city which apparently cannot afford a police department.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
View attachment 73691

I always thought urinal cakes were racist. Why are they always white?
Seems like a perfect use of what will surely be over $200 million in a city which apparently cannot afford a police department.
Some of them are blue. What do you have against undocumented urinal cakes?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
Some of them are blue. What do you have against undocumented urinal cakes?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Most of the cakes I had ever seen were pink. Trying to feminize our little boys.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
You are both in denial of your white male patriarchy. Also, I am not assuming your genders.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
AdFreak
South Dakota Baffles Rest of America With New Drug Slogan, ‘Meth. We’re On It’
$449,000 campaign gets less-than-glowing feedback
By David Griner
|
37 mins ago

The new campaign was aimed at addressing a meth epidemic the state says is 'growing at an alarming rate.'
State of South Dakota

If someone tells you they’re “on” meth, you’d be justified in being concerned. And this week, quite a few people are concerned for South Dakota.
The state’s new anti-drug campaign, announced by Gov. Kristi L. Noem on Monday, uses some eyebrow-raising double meaning with its slogan, “Meth. We’re on it.”
Created by Minneapolis agency Broadhead on a reported budget of $449,000, according to the Argus Leader, the campaign sparked a quick wave of skeptical commentary in social media.

“I can’t imagine this is what they intended to do,” Bill Pearce, assistant dean at the University of California at Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, told The Washington Post. “Any good marketer would look at this and say: ‘Yeah, let’s not do that.'”
State officials had hoped the “Meth. We’re on it” campaign would convey the state’s increased focus on combatting meth abuse, which had accounted for 83% of court admissions for controlled substance cases in 2019.
“The campaign is inclusive and empowering and establishes a movement for all South Dakotans to take an active role in keeping our state a great place to live,” said Laurie Gill, South Dakota secretary of the Department of Social Services, in a statement about the campaign. “We’re encouraging everyone to work together to eliminate meth.”
The governor has so far defended the ad campaign, praising it for getting people talking about meth addiction.
“South Dakota’s meth crisis is growing at an alarming rate,” Noem said in her original announcement of the campaign. “It impacts every community in our state and threatens the success of the next generation. It is filling our jails and prisons, clogging our court systems, and stretching our drug treatment capacity while destroying people and their families. This is our problem, and together, we need to get on it.”

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
AdFreak
South Dakota Baffles Rest of America With New Drug Slogan, ‘Meth. We’re On It’
$449,000 campaign gets less-than-glowing feedback
By David Griner
|
37 mins ago

The new campaign was aimed at addressing a meth epidemic the state says is 'growing at an alarming rate.'
State of South Dakota
My guess is that either alcohol or weed was involved in the creation of this campaign.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
New KY Jelly home delivery service to be called LUber

Written by Davywavy
A new lube delivery service promises to help you to get wherever you want to go at a moment’s notice.

The service, which hopes to achieve ‘significant market penetration’ in short order, launched today offering to slip Astroglide, gun oil or Crisco through your letterbox whenever you like.

The service expects some market friction at first, but hopes to overcome resistance if they really take things in both hands.

“We’re ready when you are,” said Chief Executive Simon Williams. “Ready to slide an oily delivery wherever you might want it.

“We’re utterly focused on you, the customer. You might say we’ve got tunnel vision.

“It might be an uphill struggle, but we’re ready to go the extra inch to satisfy our customers.

“Obviously there are regulatory issues such as those encountered by Uber, but we hope that by greasing the right palms it’ll be onward and upward.”

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
New KY Jelly home delivery service to be called LUber

Written by Davywavy
A new lube delivery service promises to help you to get wherever you want to go at a moment’s notice.

The service, which hopes to achieve ‘significant market penetration’ in short order, launched today offering to slip Astroglide, gun oil or Crisco through your letterbox whenever you like.

The service expects some market friction at first, but hopes to overcome resistance if they really take things in both hands.

“We’re ready when you are,” said Chief Executive Simon Williams. “Ready to slide an oily delivery wherever you might want it.

“We’re utterly focused on you, the customer. You might say we’ve got tunnel vision.

“It might be an uphill struggle, but we’re ready to go the extra inch to satisfy our customers.

“Obviously there are regulatory issues such as those encountered by Uber, but we hope that by greasing the right palms it’ll be onward and upward.”
That is pretty slick. (Pun intended.) :runaway: