Wacky news of the day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Lol. I literally drive past that place every day. My work is just a block or two away. I didn't think that place was actually open.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I used to volunteer with habitat for humanity and was involved in 10 homes being built on blackwelder and NW 8-12 streets. Mid 90's. Talk about sketchy. I quit when I went to lock up one of them and found one of the directors with a street walker in manners of undress. So grossed out I never went back.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I used to volunteer with habitat for humanity and was involved in 10 homes being built on blackwelder and NW 8-12 streets. Mid 90's. Talk about sketchy. I quit when I went to lock up one of them and found one of the directors with a street walker in manners of undress. So grossed out I never went back.
One of my best friends from high school (still a close friend) was on the OCPD for a while and that was part of his patrol area. I rode with him a couple of times late at night in the early 80s. It was pretty scary, especially since he wouldn't let me have any weapons at the time.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
One of my best friends from high school (still a close friend) was on the OCPD for a while and that was part of his patrol area. I rode with him a couple of times late at night in the early 80s. It was pretty scary, especially since he wouldn't let me have any weapons at the time.
I don't know if to agree, thumbs up or laugh. I choose laugh because that's all you can do.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I didn't mine the folks so much during the day. Even the hookers were kind of funny about it. One always carried a water gun filled with cheap bourbon in it. I tried so many times to talk them out of what they were doing. It seemed to me if you're willing to do that with strangers then dancing legally in clubs would be a step up and off the streeets. Even tried getting some into shelters and not even one listened. Something about nighttime, the same people changed, didn't like being anywhere near there late.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012

Man Successfully Flees From Cops, Gets Caught After Calling 911 To Brag

byHolly Matkin
May 30-edited

St. Johns County deputies tracked Nicholas Jones down after he called 911 to gloat about his escape.
St. Johns County, FL – A probation violator was apprehended by St. Johns County deputies after he fled from a traffic stop and called 911 to brag about having escaped.
The incident began on May 4, when a St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office (SJCSO) deputy attempted to stop 19-year-old Nicholas Jones for a taillight violation, WJAX reported.

But instead of pulling over, Jones made a U-turn, squealing the tires on his white Hyundai Elantra, and sped out of a South Woodlawn Street parking lot, according to WLTV.
The deputy was unable to catch up with Jones, so the brazen suspect opted to call 911 about an hour later to brag about what occurred.
“I want to know…I like ran from a cop 30 minutes to an hour ago,” Jones told the 911 operator, according to WSVN. “I was the guy that…over there off of Kings Estates. Like, what do we pay you guys for? Like, I’ve driven past four cops.”
When the dispatcher asked him for more information, Jones willingly provided additional details about how he fled the scene.

“I mean, he turned his lights on me and got behind me, and as he was walking up to my car, I did a donut around him and left him,” he gloated.
The 911 operator then asked him if he was calling because he wanted to speak with a deputy.
“I’m assuming he put an APB out that has someone looking for my car,” Jones continued. “So, like he definitely got the plate number, but I’ve passed like four cops just driving around…Like, what are you guys doing?”
The 911 operator noted that the incident Jones was involved in was not the only matter law enforcement was dealing with that day.
Despite Jones’ belief to the contrary, the deputy who initiated the initial stop had not been able to obtain the suspect vehicle tag number before Jones sped off.
But because Jones called 911 to gloat, investigators were able to use his phone number to identify him, and placed him under arrest the following day.
When they asked him why he fled the scene, he smiled and taunted them further.

“That cop had no right to stop me,” he bragged, according to WLTV. “I saw him turn his lights and sirens on and was going to stop, but I didn’t want to.”
After he was arrested, the deputies let him know that they never had his tag number in the first place, WSVN reported.
“That’s funny. So, I told on myself?” Jones replied, according to the arrest report. “No cop can catch me in my Hyundai Elantra. That thing is fast.”
Jones was arrested on charges of misusing 911, fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, possession of drugs, and violating his probation, WLTV reported.
He also had a valid warrant out for his arrest at the time of the incident, and had drugs in his vehicle at the time of his arrest, according to WJAX.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Didn't know where else to post this. Mrs. B isn't much of a money manager.

Why would we want this financial imcompetant and his "husband" in charge of the national budget??

Here's how much Pete Buttigieg, husband have in student loan debt
By Kathleen JoycePublished June 08, 2019PoliticsFOXBusiness

Former Clinton pollster Doug Schoen on Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg's calls for tax hikes and Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris' equal pay plan.

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg and his husband, Chasten Glezman, together have a six-figure student loan debt, but the two are far from being the only Americans who grapple with owing money.
In his financial disclosure filed with the Office of Government Ethics in mid-May, Buttigieg reported that he and his husband have between $110,000 and $265,000 in student loan debt, The Associated Press reported. The report requires a range. Chris Meagher, a campaign spokesman, confirmed to Fox Business that the exact amount is $131,296.
Buttigieg’s campaign did not immediately respond to Fox Business’ request for a comment.
If elected, Buttigieg, 37, the mayor of South Bend, Ind., would likely be the first president with student loan debt.
Buttigieg has been open on the campaign trail about his and his husband’s student loan debt. The mayor graduated from Harvard University in 2004, then won a Rhodes scholarship and graduated from Oxford in 2007. The presidential hopeful told Vice he was able to get through school without much debt but his husband racked up student loans while getting his bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Buttigieg and Glezman were far from alone with the burden of student loan debt. The two are among 43 million people in the U.S. who owe federal student loans.

Outstanding student loan debt hit $1.46 trillion at the end of last year, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, second only to mortgage debt as a share of Americans’ total debt burdens. Data from Deutsche Bank Research found most people have student debt balances between $10,000 and $25,000. However, in some areas of the country, the amounts are higher, including in the states of New Hampshire, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island.

Statistics show 7.8 million people age 50 and older owe a combined $291.9 billion in student loans. Meanwhile, people age 35 to 49, closer to Buttigieg’s age, owe $548.4 billion. That group includes more than 14 million people.

Like a few other Democratic presidential candidates, Buttigieg has laid out a plan on how to combat the rising student debt loans in the U.S. He has called for more supports for students who enter public service and expanding the federal Pell grant program. On his website, he called for middle- and low-income families to pay "zero tuition" at public colleges, or to attend them "debt free."
Fox Business’ Brittany De Lea and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Florida cops arrest man who said he stole pool floats to use for sex
A Florida man arrested in the theft of stolen pool floats told cops he used the inflatables for sex instead of raping women, court papers show.
Christopher Monnin, 35, was charged Thursday with breaking into the backyards of homes with pools in Palm Bay and stealing only flotation devices, according to the arrest affidavit.
“Defendant stated that he sexually gratifies himself with the pool floats instead of raping women,” the affidavit said.
Monnin was on a bike when cops stopped him at 1:25 a.m. Thursday as a suspicious person. They found him in possession of a garbage bag full of deflated pool floats, the affidavit said.

Palm Bay has been plagued with the theft of pool floats in more than a dozen reported burglaries in the past seven months, according to the affidavit. In some cases the thief cut a screen door to gain access to the pool area.
The affidavit stated that police found approximately 75 pool floats in a vacant house where Monnin admitted to stashing them.

Mug shot for Christopher Monnin, 35, (Brevard County Sheriff's Office)
He was arrested on charges of burglary, criminal mischief and petit theft and booked into the Brevard County Jail on a $15,000 bond.

The Sebastian Daily reported that in one of the burglaries Monnin was accused of stealing a bacon-shaped pool float.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Police find suspect after he passed wind so loudly he gave himself away

The Independent
July 10, 2019
As police were searching for a suspect wanted on drug possession, the hidden person’s location was given away after they suffered from a bout of loud flatulence.
“If you’ve got a felony warrant for your arrest, the cops are looking for you and you pass gas so loud it gives up your hiding spot, you’re definitely having a [poop emoji] day. #ItHappened,” the Clay County Sheriff’s Office posted to their Facebook page.
The department also posted images of police dogs, which they used as part of their search methods in a wooded area in Liberty, Missouri.
The city also got involved in the fart-joke fun.
On their Twitter account, they posted: “Thanks to [The Clay County Sheriff’s Office] for airing out a wanted person's dirty laundry and fanning the flames.”
The post continued: “The Liberty Police Department was surprised to see this incident slip out, which stinks for the arrestee. Fortunately, no one was injured during his arrest.”
“We’ve gotta give props to Liberty PD for using their senses to sniff him out!” said the sheriff’s department told local Fox 2 St Louis.
No name has been provided for the suspect and authorities have yet to release more information.
Police say no one was injured during the arrest.

Aug 16, 2012