Wacky news of the day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Bringing this one back to Oklahoma unfortunately... After former mayor of Achille is arrested for stealing from the police evidence room, city council members vote in a new mayor who'd previously been arrested for trafficking meth and possessing weapons... Can't make this up...
https://www.kxii.com/content/news/Lynn-Chambers-voted-in-as-new-mayor-of-Achille-509940581.html
Did I read that right? Chambers was one of the 3 council members who voted yes, for himself????

It's a problem that literally every state faces in rural areas, but man, there's some backwoods little towns littered around the state.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Did I read that right? Chambers was one of the 3 council members who voted yes, for himself????

It's a problem that literally every state faces in rural areas, but man, there's some backwoods little towns littered around the state.

Being involved in small town local government falls under the classification of "anyone smart enough or qualified to do the job is smart enough to never get involved with it in the first place".

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
From News 4 OKC: Getting fired for being too drunk to dance nekked...

Police: Woman throws billiard balls at manager after being fired
by Melissa ScavelliWednesday, May 15th 2019
AA
1557944032336.png

Ashley Priola was booked into the Oklahoma County Jail for assault with a dangerous weapon and assault and battery (Courtesy: Oklahoma County Jail)

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — 26-year-old Ashley Priola is accused of throwing billiard balls at her former boss after getting fired for showing up to work intoxicated according to police.

Police said they were called to Red Dog Saloon for an assault after an employee was fired and had hit the manager with a billiard ball.

When officer arrived they were told Priola had gone the convenience store in the back room. Police retrieved Priola and brought her back to the scene.

Manager, Hollie Jones, and a witness, Heather Daugherty, told officers Priola had arrived to work drunk.

Jones said she gave Priola permission to work, dancing on the stage, but she had fallen twice on the stage.

Police were told Jones then fired Priola for coming to work intoxicated.

Once Priola was fired, Jones and Daugherty said Priola grabbed a billiard ball and threw it at Jones hitting her in the face.

They said she then grabbed a second ball and threw it but missed.

Priola then left the scene according to Jones and Daugherty.

Police said Priola was arrested for assault and battery and transported to the Oklahoma County Jail.

One the way to the jail, police said Priola became hysterical and offered them "all of her money" anf they would take her home instead of jail.

When officers refused they said she began screaming and banging her head on the window of the car.

They said she was also trying to kick out the window on the car.

Priola was booked into the Oklahoma County Jail for assault with a dangerous weapon and assault and battery.

Aug 16, 2012
From News 4 OKC: Getting fired for being too drunk to dance nekked...

Police: Woman throws billiard balls at manager after being fired
by Melissa ScavelliWednesday, May 15th 2019
AA
View attachment 70208
Ashley Priola was booked into the Oklahoma County Jail for assault with a dangerous weapon and assault and battery (Courtesy: Oklahoma County Jail)

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — 26-year-old Ashley Priola is accused of throwing billiard balls at her former boss after getting fired for showing up to work intoxicated according to police.

Police said they were called to Red Dog Saloon for an assault after an employee was fired and had hit the manager with a billiard ball.

When officer arrived they were told Priola had gone the convenience store in the back room. Police retrieved Priola and brought her back to the scene.

Manager, Hollie Jones, and a witness, Heather Daugherty, told officers Priola had arrived to work drunk.

Jones said she gave Priola permission to work, dancing on the stage, but she had fallen twice on the stage.

Police were told Jones then fired Priola for coming to work intoxicated.

Once Priola was fired, Jones and Daugherty said Priola grabbed a billiard ball and threw it at Jones hitting her in the face.

They said she then grabbed a second ball and threw it but missed.

Priola then left the scene according to Jones and Daugherty.

Police said Priola was arrested for assault and battery and transported to the Oklahoma County Jail.

One the way to the jail, police said Priola became hysterical and offered them "all of her money" anf they would take her home instead of jail.

When officers refused they said she began screaming and banging her head on the window of the car.

They said she was also trying to kick out the window on the car.

Priola was booked into the Oklahoma County Jail for assault with a dangerous weapon and assault and battery.
The Red Dog!!!!
In a hiatus between HS and OSU, I worked construction with one job being townhomes west of 10th and Council. I was one of two framers that were not part of a small motorcycle gang. On rain days, we waited until 10 or 11 in the job trailer before deciding to call it a day. They always went to the Dog the minute work was called. A few times they goaded me into going. Education of a lifetime is the only way I can describe the surreal experience. An entire culture I had never experienced before. This was a crew that during the company picnic held dog fights and the Red Dog was the preeminent venue for this culture

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
The Red Dog!!!!
In a hiatus between HS and OSU, I worked construction with one job being townhomes west of 10th and Council. I was one of two framers that were not part of a small motorcycle gang. On rain days, we waited until 10 or 11 in the job trailer before deciding to call it a day. They always went to the Dog the minute work was called. A few times they goaded me into going. Education of a lifetime is the only way I can describe the surreal experience. An entire culture I had never experienced before. This was a crew that during the company picnic held dog fights and the Red Dog was the preeminent venue for this culture
The last time I was in the Red Dog was for a friend's bachelor party. We chose that venue because we were fairly sure my ex-wife wouldn't crash the party and thereby ruin it. We were wrong.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
She had this thing about crashing and ruining bachelor parties. I was not allowed to have fun of any kind.
When I got remarried it was just me and my brother at the "bachelor party". My drinking days long, long behind me, we just kind of hung out and had fun. Still, we talked about whether or not she might crash the party. It wouldn't have surprised either of us...

Rx is having fun, must put a stop to that...

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
When I got remarried it was just me and my brother at the "bachelor party". My drinking days long, long behind me, we just kind of hung out and had fun. Still, we talked about whether or not she might crash the party. It wouldn't have surprised either of us...

Rx is having fun, must put a stop to that...

(Really hoping @RxCowboy views this on a browser since Tapatalk doesn't work with gifs... I hope you find it as funny as I did. :D )

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
The Red Dog!!!!
Only once. 16 and snuck in. A Hollywood bar fight breaks out. I hide under the table until cops show. Never got to see a thing.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Only once. 16 and snuck in. A Hollywood bar fight breaks out. I hide under the table until cops show. Never got to see a thing.
If you really wanted to sneak into a titty bar you needed to sneak into Cat Ballou's on S. Shields. :eek::eek::eek:
Lol. I literally drive past that place every day. My work is just a block or two away. I didn't think that place was actually open.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Lol. I literally drive past that place every day. My work is just a block or two away. I didn't think that place was actually open.

I haven't been out that way in many, many years, so it is probably long gone.
It's still there and still says seeking dancers... I've just never seen any cars there. That said, xxxstasy ranch over off 35 recently still had the sign up but it's obviously shuttered. I work in a sketch part of town... Lol

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
It's still there and still says seeking dancers... I've just never seen any cars there. That said, xxxstasy ranch over off 35 recently still had the sign up but it's obviously shuttered. I work in a sketch part of town... Lol

did they specify whether or not the dancers could have visible bullet wounds?