Wacky news of the day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Professor's 'penis size' research project seeks 3,600+ explicit photos
USA TODAY NETWORKClaudette Riley, Springfield News-LeaderPublished 7:18 p.m. ET June 26, 2018 | Updated 7:18 p.m. ET June 26, 2018

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Alicia Walker is used to the snickers, the juvenile puns and raunchy jokes. But she is not fooling around with her latest research project.
The assistant professor of sociology at Missouri State University launched a study this month that explores how the size of a man's penis affects the rest of his life. And she's documenting the work with pictures.
"The kind of work I do is not for everybody," she said.
Walker said the project looks at how penis size — and, as importantly, a man's perception of his penis size — affects overall health, sexual activity, condom usage, self image, social interaction and mental health.
"So far I'm hearing a lot of anxiety and a lot of low self-esteem related to size," she said.

As part of the study, Walker hopes at least 3,600 men will fill out an online survey and upload photos of their genitalia. The participants must be age 22 or older.
"These are not sexy pictures," she said. "These are clinical pictures."
She said photos are necessary to ensure men carefully follow the instructions when measuring their flaccid and erect penis.
A statement from Missouri State University notes that Alicia Walker met the threshold required before launching a research project. (Photo: File photo)

Walker, with the help of a student who plans to enter the medical field, is soliciting men through an online portal, at hospitals and nightclubs.
"We are not recruiting locally. I don't want there to be anything dicey," she said, adding that she didn't want colleagues, friends and neighbors to feel pressure to participate. "You don't want there to be anything awkward."
Walker, hired by Missouri State in 2016, said a man's size can change his self-image and trigger depression and body dysmorphic disorder. "It's serious. Some of them actually attempted suicide."
Feelings of inadequacy are not helped by the prevalence of jokes regarding penis size.
"Penis size, in general, is the source of a lot of curiosity in American culture," she said.
Missouri State confirmed Walker was conducting the study, which is expected to wrap up this summer, and issued a statement: "Academic freedom is a core component of a liberal arts university. As such, faculty members have broad discretion in their research choices. When students, staff and/or faculty conduct research at Missouri State University that involves human participants, they are required to submit an application to the Institutional Review Board."
The university stated Walker met the board's threshold for a research project. "It is a legitimate area of research and she is conforming to all of the guidelines of participant security."

Missouri State added the study is not funded by the university or any governmental institute.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Professor's 'penis size' research project seeks 3,600+ explicit photos
USA TODAY NETWORKClaudette Riley, Springfield News-LeaderPublished 7:18 p.m. ET June 26, 2018 | Updated 7:18 p.m. ET June 26, 2018

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Alicia Walker is used to the snickers, the juvenile puns and raunchy jokes. But she is not fooling around with her latest research project.
The assistant professor of sociology at Missouri State University launched a study this month that explores how the size of a man's penis affects the rest of his life. And she's documenting the work with pictures.
"The kind of work I do is not for everybody," she said.
Walker said the project looks at how penis size — and, as importantly, a man's perception of his penis size — affects overall health, sexual activity, condom usage, self image, social interaction and mental health.
"So far I'm hearing a lot of anxiety and a lot of low self-esteem related to size," she said.

As part of the study, Walker hopes at least 3,600 men will fill out an online survey and upload photos of their genitalia. The participants must be age 22 or older.
"These are not sexy pictures," she said. "These are clinical pictures."
She said photos are necessary to ensure men carefully follow the instructions when measuring their flaccid and erect penis.
A statement from Missouri State University notes that Alicia Walker met the threshold required before launching a research project. (Photo: File photo)

Walker, with the help of a student who plans to enter the medical field, is soliciting men through an online portal, at hospitals and nightclubs.
"We are not recruiting locally. I don't want there to be anything dicey," she said, adding that she didn't want colleagues, friends and neighbors to feel pressure to participate. "You don't want there to be anything awkward."
Walker, hired by Missouri State in 2016, said a man's size can change his self-image and trigger depression and body dysmorphic disorder. "It's serious. Some of them actually attempted suicide."
Feelings of inadequacy are not helped by the prevalence of jokes regarding penis size.
"Penis size, in general, is the source of a lot of curiosity in American culture," she said.
Missouri State confirmed Walker was conducting the study, which is expected to wrap up this summer, and issued a statement: "Academic freedom is a core component of a liberal arts university. As such, faculty members have broad discretion in their research choices. When students, staff and/or faculty conduct research at Missouri State University that involves human participants, they are required to submit an application to the Institutional Review Board."
The university stated Walker met the board's threshold for a research project. "It is a legitimate area of research and she is conforming to all of the guidelines of participant security."

Missouri State added the study is not funded by the university or any governmental institute.
I know all you pencil dicks will be offended by this study.

I think it will be HUGELY important.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I have relatives in Great Falls...

Woman uses machete to force ex-boyfriend to have sex

By Jeff Tavss - Executive Producer
Posted: 3:15 PM, June 26, 2018Updated: 3:15 PM, June 26, 2018
  • Share Your Opinion
  • Share8884

GREAT FALLS, Mont. - A woman used a machete to force her ex-boyfriend to strip naked and have sex with her.
Police in Great Falls, Mont. say Samantha Mears, 19, broke into her ex's home when he wasn't home, and confronted him with the weapon when he returned.
More Weird News Headlines
The Smoking Gun reports Mears told the man to “get on the bed and remove his clothes.”
Mears then climbed on top of the unidentified ex-boyfriend and had sex. During the encounter, Mears bit the man on the arm and continued the engagement despite his protestations.
The man told police he feared for his safety due to Mears holding a machete. He was able to escape after secretly calling 911 and backing out of the bedroom.
Before he left the home, the man was able to take photos of Mears with the weapon in her hands and turned them over to police.
Mears was charged with aggravated burglary and assault with a weapon.

Mar 27, 2012
I have relatives in Great Falls...

Woman uses machete to force ex-boyfriend to have sex

By Jeff Tavss - Executive Producer
Posted: 3:15 PM, June 26, 2018Updated: 3:15 PM, June 26, 2018
  • Share Your Opinion
  • Share8884

GREAT FALLS, Mont. - A woman used a machete to force her ex-boyfriend to strip naked and have sex with her.
Police in Great Falls, Mont. say Samantha Mears, 19, broke into her ex's home when he wasn't home, and confronted him with the weapon when he returned.
More Weird News Headlines
The Smoking Gun reports Mears told the man to “get on the bed and remove his clothes.”
Mears then climbed on top of the unidentified ex-boyfriend and had sex. During the encounter, Mears bit the man on the arm and continued the engagement despite his protestations.
The man told police he feared for his safety due to Mears holding a machete. He was able to escape after secretly calling 911 and backing out of the bedroom.
Before he left the home, the man was able to take photos of Mears with the weapon in her hands and turned them over to police.
Mears was charged with aggravated burglary and assault with a weapon.
If a female has to threaten a male with a machete in order to make him hit it, how bad must she be in the sack?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
A suburb of Cincy...

Ohio Mayor, City Supervisor Jailed For Brawl Over Who Was Too Drunk To Drive

byHollyMatkin
1 day-edited

Elmwood Place Mayor Bill Williams and his husband, City Maintenance Supervisor Bill Smith, were arrested on Saturday.
Elmwood Place, OH – An Ohio mayor and his husband, who is also the village’s maintenance supervisor, were both arrested on domestic violence charges, after they got into a drunken brawl at the Cincinnati PRIDE Parade and Festival.
Elmwood Place Mayor Bill Wilson and City Maintenance Supervisor Bill Smith attended pride events with friends in the city on Saturday, but got into a disagreement with each other late in the day when a woman in their group wanted to head home early, WCPO reported.

Wilson and Smith couldn’t agree on a departure time, but Wilson ultimately conceded, and the group headed back to Elmwood Place.
The woman who was with them told police that she got into the car to leave with the men, but she got out of the vehicle when Smith hit Wilson, The Telegraph reported.
She told police that the physical altercation occurred after Wilson and Smith began arguing about who was more intoxicated, and which one of them should have been driving, according to The Telegraph.
The fight continued after the couple arrived home, and Wilson contacted the police at approximately 8 p.m.
Officers arrived to find the mayor and the city maintenance supervisor outside the residence.
There was “damage all over the residence with glass everywhere,” Elmwood Place Police Sergeant Robert McConnell wrote in an affidavit, according to WCPO.
Police said there was evidence that both men sustained additional injuries by rolling around in the broken glass as they fought, The Telegraph reported.
Wilson’s left eye was “swollen shut,” and he had “a clear injury to his face,” Sgt. McConnell wrote.
Smith’s face was bloody, and he also had a “bloody elbow and glass all over his back,” the sergeant noted.
The broken, scattered glass “appeared to be the result of being smacked in the back with a picture frame,” he added.
The men also became nasty with police during the investigation. Additionally, the mayor shouted at neighbors who were outside watching the chaos, The Telegraph reported.
At one point, the mayor attempted to go back into his home and tried to close the door on one of the officers.
“He [Wilson] actively resisted arrest by pushing me while trying to pull away," Sgt. McConnell wrote in his report. "Lt. Ungruhe ran up and assisted me with getting Mr. Wilson into handcuffs.”
“While in the back of the cruiser, Mr. Wilson continually screamed and yelled and acted in a completely belligerent manner causing a significant disturbance in the neighborhood,” the sergeant added.
Smith was treated for his injuries, but the mayor refused to cooperate with emergency medical personnel, police said.
Neighbor David Camp said he knew something had happened when he saw the mayor in handcuffs, The Telegraph reported.
"He's a nice guy," Camp said. "I've been over at this house a couple different times, friendly, but in the past he's gone off the handle.”
He said the couple had fought in the past, but that he’d never witnessed anything physical, according to The Telegraph.

"I feel for Bill, you know, I don't know what happened to him, but if the mayor got arrested then that means someone else is hurt,” he said.
Investigators determined that Smith and Wilson, who continued to yell and scream at one another after the police arrived, were “equally responsible for the fight inside of their residence,” Sgt. McConnell wrote.
Both men were charged with domestic violence and disorderly conduct. Wilson was also charged with obstruction official business, according to The Telegraph.
This was not the first time that the mayor has had an encounter with his local police.
In 2015, he was arrested and charged with threatening then-Mayor Jerald Robertson shortly before the election, according to The Telegraph.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reported that Wilson told Robertson he would “kick his ass” and tear his head off during a city council meeting.
Wilson was charged with misdemeanor menacing in that incident.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Florida woman reported to jury duty with cocaine: sheriff
New York Post

Kristine Victoria Mittler, 39, was busted after drugs were found on her person when she reported to jury duty in Florida. (Pasco County Sheriff’s Office)
A Florida woman who was summoned for jury duty was busted after allegedly bringing drugs with her while she fulfilled her civic duty, authorities said.
Kristine Victoria Mittler, 39, went to the West Pasco Judicial Center to report for jury duty Monday but was arrested after drugs were found on her person, the Bradenton Herald reported.
Pasco County Sheriff’s Office said Mittler set off an alarm while going through the security screening at the courthouse entrance.
Officers searched her and found packets of white powder in her cargo pants. The substance was later confirmed to be cocaine, according to officials
Deputies said they also found a straw with traces of methamphetamine.
The prospective juror admitted to officers that she “forgot they were in her pants pocket,” according to news station WTSP.
Mittler left the courthouse in handcuffs and was booked at Land O’Lakes Jail. She faces charges for possession of cocaine, methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/0...tion-ritual-at-hollywood-executives-home.html

UCLA professor dies in 'mummification' ritual at Hollywood executive's home

By Christopher Carbone| Fox News
Doran George, 48, died inside the home of a Hollywood executive in November 2017. (UCLA)
A California university professor died during a bondage session at the home of a Hollywood executive that went horribly wrong.

Doran George, 48, was found dead inside the home of Skip Chasey, an executive for Hollywood’s William Morris Endeavor agency and known in the BDSM (Bondage, Discipline, Dominance and Submission) community as “Master Skip,” on Nov. 19, 2017.
George, who was born Duncan Gilbert and did not use gendered pronouns, had been wrapped “head to toe in plastic wrap and gaffer’s tape, with small breathing holes at the nose and mouth,” according to an autopsy report obtained late last week by Variety.

“The decedent’s partner observed that the decedent was not reacting properly,” the report states. “The partner checked the decedent closer and realized that the decedent was not breathing. The partner called 911 and began cutting off the plastic and tape.”
George, who had a 16-year relationship with a man named Barry Shils that allowed for sexual activity outside their partnership, had become a regular playmate of Chasey's over the course of seven months preceeeding his death.

When parademics arrived, they were unable to revive George.
The coroner’s office was unable to determine the cause of death and Chasey has not been charged with any wrongdoing, reports Variety.
Chasey’s lawyer, John Duran, told Variety that the two were participating in consensual activity and noted that the coroner did not conclude that the wrapping was the cause of George’s death.
UCLA professor Doran George died inside the home of a leading Hollywood agent in November 2017. (Reuters)

“It’s been very sad and traumatic for Skip,” Duran said. “It’s someone he had an ongoing relationship with. Nobody expected it to end this way.”

According to a remembrance note published by UCLA, George had a successful career as a child in musical comedy in the United Kingdom before joining the Culture and Performance Ph.D. program at the university’s Department of World Arts and Cultures in 2008. They developed expertise in areas of LGBTQ and Disability Studies, earned their doctorate in 2014, taught several classes and were “highly respected, revered and adored" by peers and students alike.

"Those of you who had the honor of taking this course or being in one of Doran’s discussion sections know that their heart was as big as their laugh, and that their dedication to social justice was informed by their own queer immigrant experience," said Alicia Gaspar de Alba, a UCLA professor, in a separate note to colleagues.

The room in which George was found — replete with padded floor tiles, a metal cage and a padded examination table — was described as being “outfitted as a BDSM style dungeon” in the autopsy report.
The incident received renewed attention when it was discussed on a podcast called The Grey Zone.
For its part, the William Morris Endeavor agency has no plans to take action against Chasey.
“While we were unaware of the circumstances surrounding this personal matter until now, we understand that the police file is closed and no charges were brought. If other facts develop, we will re-evaluate the situation and determine any appropriate action to take,” the agency said in a statement to Variety.

Their partner has been left with a sense of guilt over what took place.
"In my grief, I’m hitting myself — like it was like watching my lover shoot heroin and not saying anything," Shils told The Hollywood Reporter. "Never in my wildest dreams did I think he was going to end up dead."

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/0...tion-ritual-at-hollywood-executives-home.html

UCLA professor dies in 'mummification' ritual at Hollywood executive's home

By Christopher Carbone| Fox News
Doran George, 48, died inside the home of a Hollywood executive in November 2017. (UCLA)
A California university professor died during a bondage session at the home of a Hollywood executive that went horribly wrong.

Doran George, 48, was found dead inside the home of Skip Chasey, an executive for Hollywood’s William Morris Endeavor agency and known in the BDSM (Bondage, Discipline, Dominance and Submission) community as “Master Skip,” on Nov. 19, 2017.
George, who was born Duncan Gilbert and did not use gendered pronouns, had been wrapped “head to toe in plastic wrap and gaffer’s tape, with small breathing holes at the nose and mouth,” according to an autopsy report obtained late last week by Variety.

“The decedent’s partner observed that the decedent was not reacting properly,” the report states. “The partner checked the decedent closer and realized that the decedent was not breathing. The partner called 911 and began cutting off the plastic and tape.”
George, who had a 16-year relationship with a man named Barry Shils that allowed for sexual activity outside their partnership, had become a regular playmate of Chasey's over the course of seven months preceeeding his death.

When parademics arrived, they were unable to revive George.
The coroner’s office was unable to determine the cause of death and Chasey has not been charged with any wrongdoing, reports Variety.
Chasey’s lawyer, John Duran, told Variety that the two were participating in consensual activity and noted that the coroner did not conclude that the wrapping was the cause of George’s death.
UCLA professor Doran George died inside the home of a leading Hollywood agent in November 2017. (Reuters)

“It’s been very sad and traumatic for Skip,” Duran said. “It’s someone he had an ongoing relationship with. Nobody expected it to end this way.”

According to a remembrance note published by UCLA, George had a successful career as a child in musical comedy in the United Kingdom before joining the Culture and Performance Ph.D. program at the university’s Department of World Arts and Cultures in 2008. They developed expertise in areas of LGBTQ and Disability Studies, earned their doctorate in 2014, taught several classes and were “highly respected, revered and adored" by peers and students alike.

"Those of you who had the honor of taking this course or being in one of Doran’s discussion sections know that their heart was as big as their laugh, and that their dedication to social justice was informed by their own queer immigrant experience," said Alicia Gaspar de Alba, a UCLA professor, in a separate note to colleagues.

The room in which George was found — replete with padded floor tiles, a metal cage and a padded examination table — was described as being “outfitted as a BDSM style dungeon” in the autopsy report.
The incident received renewed attention when it was discussed on a podcast called The Grey Zone.
For its part, the William Morris Endeavor agency has no plans to take action against Chasey.
“While we were unaware of the circumstances surrounding this personal matter until now, we understand that the police file is closed and no charges were brought. If other facts develop, we will re-evaluate the situation and determine any appropriate action to take,” the agency said in a statement to Variety.

Their partner has been left with a sense of guilt over what took place.
"In my grief, I’m hitting myself — like it was like watching my lover shoot heroin and not saying anything," Shils told The Hollywood Reporter. "Never in my wildest dreams did I think he was going to end up dead."
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Pair high on bath salts shoot at fireflies they mistook for ‘alien lasers’: police
POSTED 8:59 AM, JULY 4, 2018, BY TRIBUNE MEDIA WIRE
FACEBOOK1K+ TWITTER PINTEREST LINKEDIN REDDIT EMAIL

LAMAR TOWNSHIP, Pa. — A man and woman believed to be high on bath salts started firing bullets into the sky to chase away “alien lasers,” which were actually fireflies, according to Pennsylvania State Police.

Troopers say just after midnight on Saturday, Jesse Shields fired a .357 Magnum handgun at the “lasers,” according to the Centre Daily Ties.

Shields and Katherine McCloskey, fearing they were being chased, ran to a nearby home, according to WNEP. Someone inside the Clinton County house called 911.

The duo then ran to a neighboring home where the homeowner took away their gun, police said. Shields allegedly asked that homeowner if he could take a shower to “get the goo off him that was burning his skin.”

Troopers showed up and arrested Shields and McCloskey, both of Mill Hall. They each face charges of felony burglary, a felony criminal trespassing, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness, according to the Centre Daily Times. McCloskey also faces a count of misdemeanor DUI.

Shields faces additional felony counts of carrying a firearm without a license and recklessly endangering another person. He also faces several other misdemeanor charges – unlawful possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and two added summary charges.

Both are now being held at Clinton County Correctional Facility ahead of their July 10 preliminary hearing.

Mar 23, 2013
Pair high on bath salts shoot at fireflies they mistook for ‘alien lasers’: police
POSTED 8:59 AM, JULY 4, 2018, BY TRIBUNE MEDIA WIRE
FACEBOOK1K+ TWITTER PINTEREST LINKEDIN REDDIT EMAIL

LAMAR TOWNSHIP, Pa. — A man and woman believed to be high on bath salts started firing bullets into the sky to chase away “alien lasers,” which were actually fireflies, according to Pennsylvania State Police.

Troopers say just after midnight on Saturday, Jesse Shields fired a .357 Magnum handgun at the “lasers,” according to the Centre Daily Ties.

Shields and Katherine McCloskey, fearing they were being chased, ran to a nearby home, according to WNEP. Someone inside the Clinton County house called 911.

The duo then ran to a neighboring home where the homeowner took away their gun, police said. Shields allegedly asked that homeowner if he could take a shower to “get the goo off him that was burning his skin.”

Troopers showed up and arrested Shields and McCloskey, both of Mill Hall. They each face charges of felony burglary, a felony criminal trespassing, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness, according to the Centre Daily Times. McCloskey also faces a count of misdemeanor DUI.

Shields faces additional felony counts of carrying a firearm without a license and recklessly endangering another person. He also faces several other misdemeanor charges – unlawful possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and two added summary charges.

Both are now being held at Clinton County Correctional Facility ahead of their July 10 preliminary hearing.
1530744273322.png

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Gang of poachers EATEN by lions after they broke into South African game reserve to slaughter herd of rhinos
A head and other body parts were found after the three illegal hunters were devoured by six starving predators

ByJamie Pyatt
12:07, 5 JUL 2018UPDATED12:39, 5 JUL 2018

A gang of poachers who broke into a South African game reserve to slaughter a herd of rhinos were attacked and EATEN by a pride of hungry lions.

A head and a number of bloodied body parts and limbs were found near the scene after at least three illegal hunters were devoured by the predators.

Staff at the Sibuya Game Reserve, in Eastern Province, South Africa, called in a helicopter to search the area for more poachers.

A vet then had to tranquilise the six lions so police could go inside and recover the remains of the mauled poachers.

Owner Nick Fox, 60, said: “We found enough body parts and three pairs of empty shoes which suggest to us that the lions ate at least three of them but it is thick bush and there could be more.

“They came heavily armed with hunting rifles and axes which we have recovered and enough food to last them for several days so we suspect they were after all of our rhinos here.

“They were clearly intent on killing rhinos and cutting off their horns.

“But the lions are our watchers and guardians and they picked the wrong pride and became a meal.

“Whilst we are saddened at any loss of life the poachers came here to kill our animals and this sends out a very clear message to any other poachers that you will not always be the winner."

Staff had to wait until Wednesday morning until the area could be declared safe to go in and recover what was left

A police spokeswoman confirmed the grim discovery was made in the lion camp.

Captain Mali Govender said: “We do not know identities but firearms have been taken by the police and will be sent to the ballistics laboratory to see if they have been used in poaching before."

The game reserve is one of the most popular in the Eastern Cape with British tourists and is home to the Big Five of elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard and is set in 30 square miles.

In 2016 the reserve lost three rhinos when poachers got into the park and shot them dead for their ivory horns.

Nine rhinos - all of which were shot with a high-calibre hunting rifle - have been killed by poachers on Eastern Cape reserves already this year.

It is hoped the gang eaten by lions are responsible for the deaths.

The most high profile animal killing in recent times came when American dentist Walter Palmer shot Cecil - a famous lion in Zimbabwe.

Palmer killed the black-maned male after the lion was lured from the protected Hwange National Park paying a reported £35,000 to hunt the wild beast.

The father-of-two then disappeared when he became the target of furious protesters over the execution.

The 13-year-old lion had been fitted with a tracking collar as part of a research project when he was killed.

Palmer's guide was accused of using a dead animal carcass to entice Cecil out of a safe area to which the dentist said he was unaware of.

His plans to get Cecil's head mounted for his trophy room ended when one of Palmer's guides surrendered the lion's remains to officials in Africa.

In February a poacher hunting lions in the Umbabat Game Reserve near the Kruger National Park was killed by lions and was identified by his sister in law from his head - the only part of his body left.